Boxer

No, but a woman I worked with long ago had one. I suggested the name 'Shorts' for the dog and she took my suggestion. Ok, that's all I have to offer. :D

My Auntie had one, it destroyed the house, they are known to be very highly strung.

Before my cousin who lived in NC died some years ago he had an AKC Show Champion Boxer. Very nice dog, well behaved and was nice to be around. Love the nose and the way they always snort. If you train them correctly, any dog is a good pet. If not, nothing but trouble.

I have one. Female flashy brindle. Natural ears, tail was already cropped. About 65 lbs.

Not sure about being highly-strung, but they have almost limitless energy and are very physical dogs. They are personable dogs but look pretty imposing because of their "bully" features and big dog attitude.

Mine is a very dominant female. She does not get along with other animals but is great with people. (But not all are like that - some are great with other dogs, various pets, etc.) She always wants to be where I am. She's amazing with kids too - loves them and puts up with all sorts of stuff from them.

They are pretty intelligent and if I'd done more training with her, I'm sure I would think they were even more intelligent. They do have a typically shorter life-span than many breeds. My vet said 8 - 10 years is the average.

Had one when the children were babes. Wonderful dog. I had gotten him as a stray. He was all beat up skinny and in very bad shape. He was extremely loyal, sweet yet very protective he could go anywhere around most anyone. He would just make sure he was close by when anyone was around me he did not know or recognize. He loved to play fetch. They do have a lot of energy and need to be able run off some of that energy.

Forum List

Back