Does this New Testament scripture show that homosexuality is OK in Christianity?

"I tell you, in that night there shall be two men in one bed; the one shall be taken, and the other shall be left." Luke 17:34

Keeping this scripture in mind is it possible that Romans 1 could refer to something other than homosexuality and that homosexuality is actually OK in Christianity?

1Corinthians 6:9-11

Yes because we all know two men in a bed are just going to tear each other's asses up. No man has ever withstood such a powerful temptation.

d
Good grief, homosexuality wasn't even a word then. Romans 1: 26-28 makes it perfectly clear two men or two women doing the nasty is a sin

Hate to tell you, but there are ZERO Bible verses that refer to females laying with females.

And...................here's something from a scholarly site called "Sacred Texts Archive" that has writings on almost every religion known....................

"
Did you know?

* Of 32,000 verses in the Bible, only five directly mention homosexuality.
* The Qur'an only directly mentions homosexuality once.
* Leviticus, the book of the Bible which stipulates death for homosexuality, requires the same punishment for adultery, pre-marital sex, disobedient children and blasphemy.
* The Biblical Jesus does not condemn homosexuality.
* The destruction of the Biblical city of Sodom was due to their mistreatment of strangers.
* The Bible never condemns same sex marriage.
* The Biblical David and Jonathan had a formal same-sex union.
* 'Traditional marriage' in the Bible includes polygamy.
* No known sacred text forbids same sex marriage.
* Very few sacred texts even mention homosexuality.
* Hindu and other far eastern sacred texts do not condemn homosexuality.
* Homosexuality is not unnatural, it is practised by hundreds of species of animals."

LGBT Texts
And evolution provides you with a reason your homosexual appetite is ok? I mean evolution demonstrates that humans are simply animals and animals are our relatives---- if you go back far enough. Isn't time a wonderful god?

PS> David and Jonathan loved each other . They didn't need to exploit sex. They both married women and had children. They would never think of marriage to each other ! They were far too smart and spiritually driven. The mistreatment of strangers in the cities of the plain was a preoccupation with sexual experimentation. They were sensually exploitive.

Last edited:
"I tell you, in that night there shall be two men in one bed; the one shall be taken, and the other shall be left." Luke 17:34

Keeping this scripture in mind is it possible that Romans 1 could refer to something other than homosexuality and that homosexuality is actually OK in Christianity?

Reading Luke- and still amused by Christians who seem to the think that the New Testament consists of nothing but Jesus warning about the evils of homosexuality- hmmm no- context is pretty clear this has nothing to do with homosexuality.

Whatever the word for homosexuality was 2,000 years ago, Romans 1 does not use it...obviously with Luke 17:34 in mind, Romans 1 possibly refers to other "affections"/"lusts."

Homosexuality is condemned at least six times in the Bible.

6 times!

Really!

Of course most of those are in the Old Testament- which your brand of Christians wheels out when its convenient and then tells us to ignore what is behind the curtain when it is not.

And of course Jesus never does....but still to you- the New Testament is all about condemning homosexuality.

John 13:15 Now the man who had been healed did not know who it was, for Jesus had withdrawn, as there was a crowd in the place. Afterward Jesus found him in the temple and said to him, “See, you are well! Sin no more, that nothing worse may happen to you.” The man went away and told the Jews that it was Jesus who had healed him.

There is every indication that the sin this man was involved with was sexual in nature. He had been unclean.

Good grief, homosexuality wasn't even a word then. Romans 1: 26-28 makes it perfectly clear two men or two women doing the nasty is a sin

Hate to tell you, but there are ZERO Bible verses that refer to females laying with females.

And...................here's something from a scholarly site called "Sacred Texts Archive" that has writings on almost every religion known....................

"
Did you know?

* Leviticus, the book of the Bible which stipulates death for homosexuality, requires the same punishment for adultery, pre-marital sex, disobedient children and blasphemy.
* The destruction of the Biblical city of Sodom was due to their mistreatment of strangers.
* Homosexuality is not unnatural, it is practised by hundreds of species of animals."

LGBT Texts

Sodom wasnt destroyed for mistreatment of strangers...

d

"
Did you know?

LGBT Texts
And evolution provides you with a reason your homosexual appetite is ok? I mean evolution demonstrates that humans are simply animals and animals are our relatives---- if you go back far enough. Isn't time a wonderful god?

PS> David and Jonathan loved each other . They didn't need to exploit sex. They both married women and had children. They would never think of marriage to each other ! They were far too smart and spiritually driven. The mistreatment of strangers in the cities of the plain was a preoccupation with sexual experimentation. They were sensually exploitive.

Of one body. Sound like great sex.
Saul insulted their relationship. If it was an innocent love, why did he so disapprove of them?
That was not the sin that angered god or that David was punished for.

d

"
Did you know?

LGBT Texts

Of one body. Sound like great sex.
Saul insulted their relationship. If it was an innocent love, why did he so disapprove of them?
That was not the sin that angered god or that David was punished for.
Saul was told by Samuel that he had his kingship taken from him and given to David. Of course Saul hated David. He knew that his heir Jonathan would never assume the throne. I love my mother, but it would be an abomination to have sex with her. Even the Greeks (as salacious as they were) gave us the term Oedipus Complex.

That particular site isn't written by just one person, it's written by MANY people who have spent the better part of their academic life studying various religions, including the Bible and Christianity.

Like I said..............I trust the words of someone who studies this stuff for a living rather than some anonymous poster on USMB.
so, a LOT of gay people attempting to justify their life choices......

That particular site isn't written by just one person, it's written by MANY people who have spent the better part of their academic life studying various religions, including the Bible and Christianity.

Like I said..............I trust the words of someone who studies this stuff for a living rather than some anonymous poster on USMB.

gay is not a choice. It is what they are.

????......what they do with it is a choice......similarly, you may be born an alcoholic, but you choose if you will drink.......

????......what they do with it is a choice......similarly, you may be born an alcoholic, but you choose if you will drink.......

A risk of alcoholism can be passed from parent to child, but a gay parent does not pass gay-ness to their child. It is not like eye color. It is more like the chance of being born a conjoint twin.
Gay is more brain chemistry than DNA. If it is passed, it would come from the mother not father, in the X chromosome. It comes from the fluctuation of hormones in the womb as the brain is developing. It is not passed from one gay parent to the child.

It is not a choice. It is how they were made. They are born that way.

How is that a sin or wrong? "God"/nature made them that way. Why should they not find love if they had no choice in what happens as they were developing?

John 13:15 Now the man who had been healed did not know who it was, for Jesus had withdrawn, as there was a crowd in the place. Afterward Jesus found him in the temple and said to him, “See, you are well! Sin no more, that nothing worse may happen to you.” The man went away and told the Jews that it was Jesus who had healed him.

There is every indication that the sin this man was involved with was sexual in nature. He had been unclean.

You cited the wrong verse. John 13: 15 says, “For I have given you an example, that you should do as I have done to you” (KJV).

I believe you intended to quoteJohn 5:13-14 which says, “And he that was healed wist not who it was: for Jesus had conveyed himself away, a multitude being in that place. Afterward Jesus findeth him in the temple, and said unto him, Behold, thou art made whole: sin no more, lest a worse thing come unto thee” (KJV).

Last edited:

No.

"
Did you know?

LGBT Texts

If you really knew who the Biblical Jesus was, then you would know that he certainly did condemn homosexuality.

John 8:58
58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

Jesus was the Great I AM.

God decided to destroy Sodom and Gomorrah before the angels (men) arrived at Lot's home. It was already determined that he would destroy the cities and not only because of the incident that occurred when the angels (men) arrived.

The word "know" in Genesis 19:5 has reference to sexual relations which were intended upon the two visitors of Lot in the following verse:

Genesis 19:5
5 And they called unto Lot, and said unto him, Where are the men which came in to thee this night? bring them out unto us, that we may know them.

This we know because of the reaction of Lot to the men of the city:

Genesis 19:6-7
6 And Lot went out at the door unto them, and shut the door after him,
7 And said, I pray you, brethren, do not so wickedly.

From this we know that the city itself was heavily involved in the sin of homosexuality since all the men of the city encompassed Lot's home.

The word "know" has the same meaning as spoken of in the following two verses:

Genesis 4:1
1 And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the Lord.

Genesis 4:25
25 And Adam knew his wife again; and she bare a son, and called his name Seth: For God, said she, hath appointed me another seed instead of Abel, whom Cain slew.

In the Book of Jude we read:

Jude 1:7
7 Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

Thus we see that it was widely know why Sodom and Gomorrah was destroyed.

There was no condemnation in Israel of same sex marriage because it would never have been allowed. They would have been put to death based on the law should they be found out since the very act was considered an abomination in the eyes of God.

Leviticus 18:22
22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.

Leviticus 20:13
13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

Paul the apostle of Jesus also knew the evil of homosexuality and preached against it:

Romans 1:24-27
24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

The Hindu texts are not inspired by the God Abraham. If the God of Abraham is God, you shouldn't think to find his teaching among the Hindus since they do not worship the same God.

I believe the animals have free will within the realm of their existence and all their actions are not to be seen as being from God. We should not take our example from the animals on how to conduct ourselves but from God.

A risk of alcoholism can be passed from parent to child, but a gay parent does not pass gay-ness to their child. It is not like eye color. It is more like the chance of being born a conjoint twin.
Gay is more brain chemistry than DNA. If it is passed, it would come from the mother not father, in the X chromosome. It comes from the fluctuation of hormones in the womb as the brain is developing. It is not passed from one gay parent to the child.

obviously, unless he's bi-sexual he doesn't pass any genes for anything to anyone......whether its abnormal chemistry or abnormal genes doesn't really matter.....they have a choice of letting the abnormality run their lives or controlling it.......
How is that a sin or wrong? "God"/nature made them that way. Why should they not find love if they had no choice in what happens as they were developing?
would you also encourage an alcoholic to drink.....why should he not find a good time in the way that God/nature made them to be?.....

Doctors and scientists have failed to determine if certain brain patterns are not the result of homosexual activity. The question has not yet been honestly answered: What comes first? The brain pattern or the activity. What has been studied are active homosexuals and people who do not feed the brain on that indulgence.

Forum List

Back