Does this near-miss scare anyone

Already been proven to be fake news, once again. Several threads on it already.
as much as it scares me? Reading this brings back memories of old black & white newsreels showing military roundup of civilians. The only thing missing from memory is the cattle cars and the irritating high/low sirens. And reading this MB here tells me it would be OK with too many posters. Thank God it didn't happen, but it was proposed. I'd like to see a copy of the draft for confirmation, or at least another source. Anybody?

AP Exclusive: DHS weighed Nat Guard for immigration roundups
It very well could be fake news. I looked it up and all reports refer to the AP story, so that for now is the only source known as far as I can tell. But I didn't see the proof of fakery either, and my problem is that the Trump admin calls EVERY unfavorable item as fake.
You don't think the media is going to invent favorable news about him do ya?...what would be the point...what kind of proof of "fakery" are you looking for?, if they're not going to run a fake story they're not going to announce that.

I think it's a great idea.

The complaint from many jurisdictions is they don't have the manpower. ICE doesn't have the manpower so the states can help out by lending their Guard forces.

They are not Federal Troops.

I would gladly help....they would have no trouble finding volunteers

After Kent State, anyone should be scared of the National Guard. Apparently, they are allowed to murder without cause, and without consequences.

Yeah because its happened so many times since then. Or more likely the guardsmen at Kent state were terribly trained in dealing with crowds like many other law enforcement in the 1960s. The democrats used to be KKK members who lynched Republicans. Should we still be afraid of them? ..... well, maybe.

I would not be surprised if an Obama peep is the one that wrote it as a suggestion with knowing they could then 'leak' it, making it appear it came from this administration.

I don't know if this is fake news or not. But it is disturbing:

FEMA was the agency that supposedly created the Rex 84 program and is the agency that would mainly be in charge of these detention centers, should this plan ever need to be put into action. Back in 2008, there were reported to be 8 million Americans on this Main Core list. However, the criteria for being placed on this list has weakened and it is thought to have greatly expanded
Government Releases Documents Showing FEMA Detainment List Criteria: In Event Of National ‘Emergency’ Will YOU Be Considered A Threat?

After Kent State, anyone should be scared of the National Guard. Apparently, they are allowed to murder without cause, and without consequences.

Yeah because its happened so many times since then. Or more likely the guardsmen at Kent state were terribly trained in dealing with crowds like many other law enforcement in the 1960s. The democrats used to be KKK members who lynched Republicans. Should we still be afraid of them? ..... well, maybe.
I'm only posting this to you because I was to lazy to go back and look for the post you responded to.
What actually happened at kent state was protesters charged the national guard hurling rocks and bottles, the guard opened fire, the crowd then for some reason stopped charging them and liberaled away...the reason it hasn't happened since is because protesters have never decided to charge them again, and the order to send in the guard was given by the governor of Ohio who I believe was a democrat [I'm not looking it up] which would explain why the left blame Nixon, the left loves to share its blame and responsibilities with others cuz their good like that...and since kent state the white liberals have for the most part only used minorities when inciting violent protests.

I'm only posting this to you because I was to lazy to go back and look for the post you responded to.
What actually happened at kent state was protesters charged the national guard hurling rocks and bottles, the guard opened fire, the crowd then for some reason stopped charging them and liberaled away...the reason it hasn't happened since is because protesters have never decided to charge them again, and the order to send in the guard was given by the governor of Ohio who I believe was a democrat [I'm not looking it up] which would explain why the left blame Nixon, the left loves to share its blame and responsibilities with others cuz their good like that...and since kent state the white liberals have for the most part only used minorities when inciting violent protests.

Yes, I know they always love to blame Nixon for this incident, even though it was a Democrat who got us into Vietnam in the first place.

The mayor requested them, a Democrat.

CNN must have been covering that one too.

Yes, I know they always love to blame Nixon for this incident, even though it was a Democrat who got us into Vietnam in the first place.
and it was Nixon who got us out of Nam, my family was democrats and voted for Humphrey in 68, but by 72 Nixon was loved by all [almost all anyway] and won one of the biggest landslides in American history, then the media went to work on him...if nothing else trump seems to have learned from history, appeasement doesn't work with the new left, it only encourages them to take more...Democrats were really a great party at one time but that was two or three generations ago, now all we have are their entitlement children who didn't get their way and are now kicking and screaming on the floor...hopefully someone arises in the party from this mess to send them to their rooms.

Thanx bro

The words of a not impartial participant at the time:

In the succeeding years, many in the anti-war movement have referred to the shootings as "murders," although no criminal convictions were obtained against any National Guardsman. In December 1970, journalist I. F. Stone wrote the following:

To those who think murder is too strong a word, one may recall that even Agnew three days after the Kent State shootings used the word in an interview on the David Frost show in Los Angeles. Agnew admitted in response to a question that what happened at Kent State was murder, "but not first degree" since there was – as Agnew explained from his own training as a lawyer – "no premeditation but simply an over-response in the heat of anger that results in a killing; it's a murder. It's not premeditated and it certainly can't be condoned."

Kent State shootings - Wikipedia

They weren't around then, just three "major" networks really [there were only 6 channels then plus ch. 13]

and it was Nixon who got us out of Nam, my family was democrats and voted for Humphrey in 68, but by 72 Nixon was loved by all [almost all anyway] and won one of the biggest landslides in American history, then the media went to work on him...if nothing else trump seems to have learned from history, appeasement doesn't work with the new left, it only encourages them to take more...Democrats were really a great party at one time but that was two or three generations ago, now all we have are their entitlement children who didn't get their way and are now kicking and screaming on the floor...hopefully someone arises in the party from this mess to send them to their rooms.
We weren't out of Nam until Ford, you know.

There was no CNN. I half was wishing the latest Berkeley riot would turn into a Kent State.

I've seen riots stopped by rioters being killed. It's effective.

I think it's a great idea.

The complaint from many jurisdictions is they don't have the manpower. ICE doesn't have the manpower so the states can help out by lending their Guard forces.

They are not Federal Troops.
Did not turn out well the last time they tried it.

I don't know about that. Even after all these years
the score remains:

Nat.Guard 4
Kent State 0

We weren't out of Nam until Ford, you know.
that was just the paper work, the hostilities stopped long before that, I actually remember the headlines in 75 [think it was 75] from a paper called the long island press, "It's official war is over" and thought to myself, "what war? Nam? didn't that end a year or two ago?

There was no CNN. I half was wishing the latest Berkeley riot would turn into a Kent State.

I've seen riots stopped by rioters being killed. It's effective.
And at times necessary...just can't become the go to policy of choice though...if the crowd charges all bets are off.

Seems the National Guard was fired on before they fired.

1. Instructive of the movement is the new evidence released by the FBI as to the causes of the Kent State shootings of 1970. “Previously undisclosed FBI documents suggest that the Kent State antiwar protests were more meticulously planned than originally thought and that one or more gunshots may have been fired at embattled Ohio National Guardsmen before their killings of four students and woundings of at least nine others on that searing day in May 1970….Yet the declassified FBI files show the FBI already had developed credible evidence suggesting that there was indeed a sniper and that one or more shots may have been fired at the guardsmen first….And a memorandum sent to FBI Director J. Edgar Hoover on May 19, 1970, referred to bullet holes found in a tree and a statue — evidence, the report stated, that “indicated that at least two shots had been fired at the National Guard.” New light shed on Kent State killings
a. "KENT, Ohio -- A noisy, violent altercation and four pistol shots took place about 70 seconds before Ohio National Guardsmen opened fire on antiwar protesters at Kent State University, according to a new analysis of a 40-year-old audiotape of the event.
The discovery adds new perspective to -- and raises new questions about -- one of the signature events of the 20th century, after four decades of spirited discussion and research."
Kent State tape indicates altercation and pistol fire preceded National Guard shootings (audio) | cleveland.com

Kent State tape indicates altercation and pistol fire preceded National Guard shootings (audio)

Forum List

Back