Does this near-miss scare anyone

bullwinkle

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2013
as much as it scares me? Reading this brings back memories of old black & white newsreels showing military roundup of civilians. The only thing missing from memory is the cattle cars and the irritating high/low sirens. And reading this MB here tells me it would be OK with too many posters. Thank God it didn't happen, but it was proposed. I'd like to see a copy of the draft for confirmation, or at least another source. Anybody?

AP Exclusive: DHS weighed Nat Guard for immigration roundups

Already been proven to be fake news, once again. Several threads on it already.
as much as it scares me? Reading this brings back memories of old black & white newsreels showing military roundup of civilians. The only thing missing from memory is the cattle cars and the irritating high/low sirens. And reading this MB here tells me it would be OK with too many posters. Thank God it didn't happen, but it was proposed. I'd like to see a copy of the draft for confirmation, or at least another source. Anybody?

I think it's a great idea.

The complaint from many jurisdictions is they don't have the manpower. ICE doesn't have the manpower so the states can help out by lending their Guard forces.

They are not Federal Troops.

Its scary how the AP uses any bad information they can get their hands on without checking it.

After Kent State, anyone should be scared of the National Guard. Apparently, they are allowed to murder without cause, and without consequences.

Do you have to retreat to your safe place everyday after the evening news?

It very well could be fake news. I looked it up and all reports refer to the AP story, so that for now is the only source known as far as I can tell. But I didn't see the proof of fakery either, and my problem is that the Trump admin calls EVERY unfavorable item as fake.

Since Nov? Pretty much!

Are you an illegal immigrant?

Trump administration denies it is considering using National Guard to round up unauthorized immigrants

White House denies report Trump is considering using National Guard troops for immigration roundups

It very well could be fake news. I looked it up and all reports refer to the AP story, so that for now is the only source known as far as I can tell. But I didn't see the proof of fakery either, and my problem is that the Trump admin calls EVERY unfavorable item as fake.

Just focus on the fact that it was never seriously considered. The Trump doesn't want to round up all the illegals, yet, anyway. He even seems to be kind of liking some of the dreamers.
I do hope we can stop the flow of illegals into the country and do something sensible about the ones that are here so they are paying their share. I heard someone on one of the news shows say that 40% of the illegals in the country have just overstayed their visas, didn't sneak across the border. It seems ridiculous to me that in one of the most advanced and wealthy countries in the world, we haven't been able to get our arms around THAT. Seems pretty basic. But ICE is definitely way under staffed.

Trump administration denies it is considering using National Guard to round up unauthorized immigrants

White House denies report Trump is considering using National Guard troops for immigration roundups

Darn!!!! I was hoping for a good roundup....

I can't agree. I actually prefer those two-tone sirens to the old sweep tones or the contemporary obnoxious buzzers.

Fun fact: one of those two-tone sirens going by John Lennon's house was the starting point for the beginning chords of "I Am the Walrus".

Since Nov? Pretty much!
Since Nov.? So this thing with trump is not new to you then?

Forum List

Back