Does this make sense to you ?

Yes it was... and it had the same effects.
The only difference was they didn't think of it as racism.

Which is Irrelevant.
Yet, Washington freed all his slaves? Washington was 11 when he became owner of slaves, when his father died. Life is tough, I know a bit about racism, having been born in an Era, and a place where racism did exist.

Did Washington hate black people? Or was Washington born in a time when Slaves were part of the culture, part of society?

"I can only say that there is not a man living who wishes more sincerely than I do to see a plan adopted for the abolition of it (slavery); but there is only one proper and effectual mode by which it can be accomplished, and that is by Legislative authority; and this, as far as my suffrage (vote and support) will go, shall never be wanting." - Letter to Robert Morris, April 12, 1786

Read more: George Washington Quotes about slavery and the new republic

It wasn't Washington that freed the slaves in the USA but Abraham Lincoln.
And by that time, BOTH Haiti and Britain had long since Abolished Slavery before that.

First of all, Slavery was abolished by Britain in 1833, and they had the Magna Carta, which separated the powers and made people as equal as they were going to get at the time, which was in fact more so than exists today in the USA in a lot of Cases.
:)

And Unlike the racist bigotland USA, Britain didn't need a Civil war to abolish slavery, 30 plus years before the USA did.

In world war 1, the USA lagged far behind... the USA was one of the minor forces in world war 1.
Only in Revisionist history, although I doubt the Revisionists go that far!

The USA's Air Forces were equipped and trained by the French, the USA used the Spad which was a French Biplane fighter plane.
(by that time, all European and British Commonwealth combatants had Fighter planes)

The USA didn't have a Tank, Britain had the tanks that broke the battle lines and they taught the USA Tank warfare.

The USA also didn't have an Aircraft Carrier, Britain had them.

Yes it was... and it had the same effects.
The only difference was they didn't think of it as racism.

Which is Irrelevant.
Yet, Washington freed all his slaves? Washington was 11 when he became owner of slaves, when his father died. Life is tough, I know a bit about racism, having been born in an Era, and a place where racism did exist.

Did Washington hate black people? Or was Washington born in a time when Slaves were part of the culture, part of society?

"I can only say that there is not a man living who wishes more sincerely than I do to see a plan adopted for the abolition of it (slavery); but there is only one proper and effectual mode by which it can be accomplished, and that is by Legislative authority; and this, as far as my suffrage (vote and support) will go, shall never be wanting." - Letter to Robert Morris, April 12, 1786

Read more: George Washington Quotes about slavery and the new republic

Both.
He also thought of his wife as property, and legally... she was.

In world war 1, the USA lagged far behind... the USA was one of the minor forces in world war 1.

The USA's Air Forces were equipped and trained by the French, the USA used the Spad which was a French Biplane fighter plane.
(by that time, all European and British Commonwealth combatants had Fighter planes)

The USA didn't have a Tank, Britain had the tanks that broke the battle lines and they taught the USA Tank warfare.

Sorry, but you do not know history, not in the least bit. I understand, it is easy to see America from the perspective of Howard Zinn (which I doubt you are educated enough to know that your rant originates from Zinn).

Without our help, our loss, the war could of been won by Germany. Your rant is long, you should quote some sources.

Sorry, but you do not know history, not in the least bit. I understand, it is easy to see America from the perspective of Howard Zinn (which I doubt you are educated enough to know that your rant originates from Zinn).

Without our help, our loss, the war could of been won by Germany. Your rant is long, you should quote some sources.

Nice copout, I'll give you an A for your ability to speak in blurts with weak sauce.
lol

Nice copout, I'll give you an A for your ability to speak in blurts with weak sauce.
lol
Hey, it is your rant (OP), it is up to you to prove your assertions, just because you say so does not make it so. But thanks for letting me get that American Exceptional post in, that certainly nullifies your OP.

Forum List

Back