Does Obama deserve your vote?

Obama is going to get my vote
Everyone in our office is going to vote for Obama
My children are going to vote for Obama
Obama's vote numbers will set a record never before seen in our election cycle
setting a record of votes

So if he gets back in and it all goes sideways we'll know who to blame, huh?

The Republican Party has control of the Senate and every worthwhile bill was blocked by the Republicans. Obama’s plans will not get implemented as long as the Republicans remain so obstinate. :mad:

Fail. No matter how much he prostitutes himself, he can't even get Democrat Support. He has done little more than campaign and sign draconian Executive Orders, his whole time in office. Even when he controlled the House and the Senate, he couldn't even produce a budget. Four more years of decline? No Thanks.

Funny how readily the populace entrusted Bush's eight years of ignorance yet with only four years we criticize Obama. Obama in his inaugural speech even indicated that he will not accomplish all he set out to accomplish. No president can immediately change 8 years of policy.

First and for most let's get something clear. People primarily criticize Obama for:

1) Being black
2) Having "Hussein" as a middle name
3) Having a father of African descent
4)For being intelligent
5) Did I mention because he was black.

The credibility of anyone who is hard pressed to criticize Obama is not as easily legitimate since its already understood that any criticism that Obama receives is along the lines of race. Heck, during his first presidential race he was called an "arab" mistaken as "Osama" his citizenship was questioned, his religion. Not other president in U.S history endured such in-depth critique except him. His predecessor George Bush dodged thr draft, couldn't even open the door after a press conference, put us in two wars and has totally eradicted any support for potential allies.

Obama is a millionare (and yes even his wealth is of scrutiny) but between him and Romney I would certaintly choose Obama all day.

Hint, they can, at the least effect change in direction. Compounding the damage is not effecting change, unless one is trying to crash the system.

Ideology aside can we all agree that Obama's handling of foreign policy has been incompetent?

Security 'weak' ahead of US ambassador's killing

Obama has been extremely successful in foreign policy. During 2000-2008, we've all pretty much forgotten what a success overseas looked like.

We're out of Iraq
We'll be out of Afghanistan soon
We didn't get involved in Syria, Egypt, or Libya
OBL is dead.
Al Queda is in disarray
The Taliban is minimalized
We're no longer branding allies as enemies in a "you're either with us or the terrorist" way.

Pretty much all aces.

Neither of the two top runners deserve a single vote. The two party system has been in effect since Lincoln and the country has gone deeper in debt every president but one. We never paid the debt off but there was one president that actually didn't add to the debt.

If we keep doing the same thing and expect a different outcome we are crazy (by definition).
My vote is going elsewhere. It doesn't matter to me that my candidate can't win because I can't, in good conscience, vote any other way.

sooner or later you will all find out how crazy you have been.

The Republican Party has control of the Senate and every worthwhile bill was blocked by the Republicans. Obama’s plans will not get implemented as long as the Republicans remain so obstinate. :mad:

First you'd have to define 'worthwhile' because we didn't see much of that in the last 4 years. Doesn't it embarrass you to say you are voting for Obama? I wouldn't say that without a mask on and then not with a straight face.:D

Funny how readily the populace entrusted Bush's eight years of ignorance yet with only four years we criticize Obama. Obama in his inaugural speech even indicated that he will not accomplish all he set out to accomplish. No president can immediately change 8 years of policy.

First and for most let's get something clear. People primarily criticize Obama for:

1) Being black
4)For being intelligent

The credibility of anyone who is hard pressed to criticize Obama is not as easily legitimate since its already understood that any criticism that Obama receives is along the lines of race. Heck, during his first presidential race he was called an "arab" mistaken as "Osama" his citizenship was questioned, his religion. Not other president in U.S history endured such in-depth critique except him. His predecessor George Bush dodged thr draft, couldn't even open the door after a press conference, put us in two wars and has totally eradicted any support for potential allies.

Obama is a millionare (and yes even his wealth is of scrutiny) but between him and Romney I would certaintly choose Obama all day.

Hint, they can, at the least effect change in direction. Compounding the damage is not effecting change, unless one is trying to crash the system.

Well at the end of the day Obama, like his predecessor is a politician. Romney will be no diffetent and neither any other candidate.

1) Being black
4)For being intelligent

'Being black' was the one thing I was happy about in the 2008 election of Obama.
Though Hussien is AN unfortunate name it hardly matters when it comes to running a country.
Would a father of American descent have made him any more effectual as president? Not really. Again another non-issue.
For being intelligent. Wow, you'll have to break that down for me because 'intelligent ' doesn't necessarily mean 'competent'.
Yes you mentioned he was black which seems to be about the only sensible statement you've made here. If I were you I too would hammer that home.
You forgot one point while you were ticking off your fantasies. Obama is a lousy president. Nothing can change that.

Last edited:
No. Obama does not deserve, nor is he getting, my vote. Neither does Romney.

" Obama does not deserve, nor is he getting, my vote. Neither does Romney. "

Hate to break this to you, but one of these men will be our president over the next 4 years. Whether they deserve your vote is irrelevant, you and your fellow citizens need to figure out for yourselves which one is the better candidate (or at least the lesser of 2 evils) and get off your dead ass and go vote.

There are obvious differences between these two men, there is a clear choice here in terms of the direction we want this country to go in. It boggles the mind that we have so many people in this country who aren't paying attention and don't know what the hell is going on. And don't seem to care either.

Hate to break this to you, but one of these men will be our president over the next 4 years. Whether they deserve your vote is irrelevant ...

It's completely relevant to me, and since I'm the one casting the vote ...

you and your fellow citizens need to figure out for yourselves which one is the better candidate (or at least the lesser of 2 evils) and get off your dead ass and go vote.

That logic never made any sense to me at all. If one candidate was polling at 60%, would you just vote for him to take part in the charade, regardless of your true opinion?

There are obvious differences between these two men, there is a clear choice here in terms of the direction we want this country to go in.

There are differences, but in net, I don't have a clear preference for either. Both will move the country in a direction I can't abide.

It boggles the mind that we have so many people in this country who aren't paying attention and don't know what the hell is going on. And don't seem to care either.

Agreed. Our democracy has been co-opted by the established parties and their financiers. They collude to ensure that status quo will never be seriously challenged. The stage a phony puppet show and we fall for it, over and over again.

Hate to break this to you, but one of these men will be our president over the next 4 years. Whether they deserve your vote is irrelevant ...

you and your fellow citizens need to figure out for yourselves which one is the better candidate (or at least the lesser of 2 evils) and get off your dead ass and go vote.

That logic never made any sense to me at all. If one candidate was polling at 60%, would you just vote for him to take part in the charade, regardless of your true opinion?

There are obvious differences between these two men, there is a clear choice here in terms of the direction we want this country to go in.

There are differences, but in net, I don't have a clear preference for either. Both will move the country in a direction I can't abide.

It boggles the mind that we have so many people in this country who aren't paying attention and don't know what the hell is going on. And don't seem to care either.

Agreed. Our democracy has been co-opted by the established parties and their financiers. They collude to ensure that status quo will never be seriously challenged. Then they stage a phony puppet show and we fall for it, over and over again.

Last edited:

1) Being black
4)For being intelligent

'Being black' was the one thing I was happy about in the 2008 election of Obama.
Though Hussien is AN unfortunate name it hardly matters when it comes to running a country.
Would a father of American descent have made him any more effectual as president? Not really. Again another non-issue.
For being intelligent. Wow, you'll have to break that down for me because 'intelligent ' doesn't necessarily mean 'competent'.
Yes you mentioned he was black which seems to be about the only sensible statement you've made here. If I were you I too would hammer that home.
You forgot one point while you were ticking off your fantasies. Obama is a lousy president. Nothing can change that.

Well first and foremost Obama's ethnicity was an issue. Case in point, you just confirmed it with the first sentence of your response. As an African-American, although I was happy I got this far, I for that moment bought into the "change" slogan forgoing the belief that Obama was a politician.

As far as the meaning of intelligence is concerned as you can see Obama is thought to be incompetent due to his ethnicity. All these slurs incognito made by political analyst such as "angry" etc have racial undertones.

A huge example is the calling of Obama's college transcripts. Really? His college transcripts to prove his citizenship? Really? What about Bush? Bush was demonstrably the dumbest president in U.S history and your asking for Obama's college transcripts? Oh his middle name is Hussein and by default he is Muslim. The fact that American people bought into this yet didn't have the guts to queation Bush's competency makes me lose hope in the average common intelligence of the American population.

Here my fellow U.S citizens are calling Obama a one term president yet we re-elected Bush for two terms who gave us two wars, put us in a recession, lowered taxes fot the rich, yet we are criticizing Obama. You guys wanted miracles and Romney doesnt provide that.

Until someone can actually prove otherwise (I mean serious proof) all this criticism of Obama has to do with the fact that many people just don't want a man of color in office. I mean FFS what president had to show his birth certificate to prove he was a citizen? Who had to go through that? How does Hussein equate to being Muslim? My point is all this Obama criticism is nil to me because all I see are people buying into Republican rightwing racism.

Obama is a politician. Their job is to promise you the world but at the end of the day they have to cater to those special interest groups that donated millions of dollars. The fact that you would want to vote for rich boy Romney who basically said fuck you to the middle and lower class is sad. You'd rather votr for a guy who doesn't give a shit about college kids who are struggling and people who are out of work and no medical coverage.

Like I said I lost hope for the average U.S citizen's intelligence especially when people:

1) Refer to the reform healthcare act (coined by republicans) as Obamacare which is not its name
2) Would rather vote in a guy who was a rich boy who had an inheretence from his father, never knowing what its like being broke and hungry.
3) Have issues with Obama's middle name even though its common in the urban community that African/Americans have Holy Islamic names.
4)Expected Obama to turn around eight years of disaster.

Last edited:

The republican party has control of CONGRESS, the senate remains dominated by democrats. We need to start teaching government in schools again. Bills originate in CONGRESS, they then to to the SENATE for approval, then are signed by the PRESIDENT.

Bills that have already been passed by CONGRESS are stalled in the Senate, because senate majority leader, Harry Reid, refused to let them come to the floor for a vote. The jobs bill is only one. Reid has stalled many.

you and your fellow citizens need to figure out for yourselves which one is the better candidate (or at least the lesser of 2 evils) and get off your dead ass and go vote.[/quote[

??? Polls? Where did I say anything about polls? Did I not say to figure it out for yourselves? I don't give a tinker's damn about polls, and neither should anyone else. Your response here makes no sense to me either, decide what your true opinion is and act on it. Maybe you can elaborate.

Are you suggesting both will move the country in the same direction? At the same speed? Boy, I ain't seeing that at all. Here's a suggestion: sit down and write the top 3-5 issues that you think we face, and prioritize them. Be it economy growth and jobs, taxes, spending, debt/deficits, ObamaCare, energy policy, foreign policy, whatever. Obama and Romney will go after each issue in different ways, you're going to have to decide which approach you think is best for the country, no ties. If you think it's a tie, go for Obama, he's the incumbent. Vote for whoever wins.

Agreed. Our democracy has been co-opted by the established parties and their financiers. They collude to ensure that status quo will never be seriously challenged. Then they stage a phony puppet show and we fall for it, over and over again.

You know why the stastus quo may never be challenged? Cuz the voters don't hold their reps accountable. You know how you hold 'em accountable? You send 'em emails and letters, and you VOTE.

Last edited:
??? Polls? Where did I say anything about polls? Did I not say to figure it out for yourselves? I don't give a tinker's damn about polls, and neither should anyone else. Your response here makes no sense to me either, decide what your true opinion is and act on it. Maybe you can elaborate.

Sure. You suggested that we should constrain our votes to Obama and Romney because "one of them is going to win". How do you know that? I assumed you were going by poll results. If so, you're saying we should vote based on the polls - only voting for candidates are "likely" to win. So I was asking you, if one candidate had an overwhelming likelihood of winning, would you just give up and vote for them - since they are 'going to win'? Wouldn't you vote for the candidate you preferred anyway - registering your preference and building support for your views?

Are you suggesting both will move the country in the same direction? At the same speed?
No, I'm saying they'll both the country in directions I oppose. It's true I don't see the differences between them as significant, but you're right. It's not fair to say they're exactly the same. Obama is more likely to go in the progressive/socialist/corporatist direction, and Romney is more likely to indulge the neo-cons again. I can't support either course.

Here's a suggestion: sit down and write the top 3-5 issues that you think we face, and prioritize them. Be it economy growth and jobs, taxes, spending, debt/deficits, ObamaCare, energy policy, foreign policy, whatever. Obama and Romney will go after each issue in different ways, you're going to have to decide which approach you think is best for the country, no ties. If you think it's a tie, go for Obama, he's the incumbent. Vote for whoever wins.

I've done that, albeit informally. I'll indulge you here. Here are my top issues:

1. Civil liberties/Individual rights - looking for a candidate who remembers what these are, especially regarding the radical growth of the surveillance state.

2. The health care reform debacle. This is perhaps the most dangerous expansion of federal power since FDR. We need real health care reform - starting with a solid understanding of what's gone wrong.

3. Foreign policy. We don't need to rule the world. Period.

4. Corporatism. I want a candidate who understands what this is, why it is bad and will work to reverse the current trend toward this kind of government.

So, on these issues, I would consider each Romney/Obama square-off you propose a tie. Which means I should vote for Obama, right? Fortunately, I reject your premise that we should only vote for candidates who are likely to win.

You know why the stastus quo may never be challenged? Cuz the voters don't hold their reps accountable. You know how you hold 'em accountable? You send 'em emails and letters, and you VOTE.

That's what I'm talking about. I'm holding both Republicans and Democrats accountable for failing to represent my values.

Last edited:
Politicians work for us. They should accomplish something if they are to receive our approval. Let's examine Obama's record.

Elaine Chao: Real Unemployment Numbers Are Double

Obama sells out to Wall Street
The president-elect's support of the bank bailout is payback to his wealthy Wall Street supporters.

Barack Obama: King Of Corporate Welfare

Another Obama Record!… Poverty Rate Soars to 18 Year High

Black Unemployment Jumps To Depression Levels

Broken promises from Obama about Gitmo, taxes, etc.: Promise Broken rulings

Downgraded Again: The Utter Failure of Obamanomics

Another Obama Record!… Four Straight Years of Trillion Dollar Deficits

The Solyndra Fraud
The solar-energy company was a con game.

The answer in my opinion... is no.

Not just no,but hell no. Worst president ever.

He not only doesn't deserve my vote, but he deserves to be voted AGAINST!

Exactly;

I'm not voting FOR Romney, I'm voting against Obama. Therefore, all the slander and libel that the left toss at Romney mean little, I didn't like Mitt in the first place, I just want Obama gone, and gone now.

Forum List

Back