Does Mike Pence believe in evolution? Apparently not...

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
He had trouble answering a question on the topic in 2009.

While it’s anyone’s guess what presumptive GOP presidential nominee Donald Trump thinks about evolution, his rumored running mate apparently doesn’t think it’s real.

Indiana Gov. Mike Pence (R), whom Trump has allegedly selected to be his vice presidential running mate, struggled to answer questions about evolution during a 2009 interview with MSNBC’s Chris Matthews. At the time, Pence was a congressman representing Indiana’s 6th District.

Matthews repeatedly asked if he believed in evolution, which the scientific community widely accepts as fact. Pence would not outright answer the question, but implied that he instead subscribes to creationism.

MATTHEWS: Okay, you want to educate the American people about science and its relevance today. Do you believe in evolution, sir?

PENCE: Do I believe in evolution? I embrace the view that God created the heavens and the earth, the seas and all that’s in them.

MATTHEWS: Right. But do you believe in evolution as the way he did it?

PENCE: The means, Chris, that he used to do that, I can’t say. But I do believe in that fundamental truth.

Pence has stayed silent on the topic since then, and his office didn’t immediately reply to a request for comment on his current views.

Trump has also not made his views on the issue clear. While most of his rivals during the GOP primary either flatly rejected evolution or claimed they didn’t have the scientific knowledge to make that call, Trump has been silent on what he believes.

A debate prep memo penned by ex-Trump adviser Roger Stone ahead of the first GOP debate last year, however, coached Trump to say he “believes in both” creationism and evolution if asked.

Mike Pence Apparently Doesn't Believe In Evolution

Trump and Pence will be forced to address these questions - and give straight answers!

Last edited:
Creationism? Holy shit. Anyone who believe in Creationism should not even be near the White House - let alone Vice President of the United States.

Confirms that the republican party wants to make America like Iran. A religious anti-science crap hole.

You don't stand for personal freedom! You use religion to judge people and want our government as the hand of god.

Pence is scum.

Creationism? Holy shit. Anyone who believe in Creationism should not even be near the White House - let alone Vice President of the United States.

I didn't realize accepting the theory of evolution was a standard for public office. Maybe if he gets his pecker polished by a whore in the middle of main street you can cut him some slack?

:eek:

You people are utterly mindless.

OMG someone has a different belief!!!!! They can't be president unless they believe what we believe!!!!! Pence must be a......BIGOT!!!!!!!!!

You're grasping Sloping Brow

Confirms that the republican party wants to make America like Iran. A religious anti-science crap hole.

You don't stand for personal freedom! You use religion to judge people and want our government as the hand of god.

Pence is scum.

When did Pence ever advocate using "government as the hand of God"? I mean, good God, do you lie awake at night dreaming up this stupid shit?

Hey lakhota how did the universe start?

Probaby from the big bang,. This is down right iranian! Just say no to doing what Turkey has been doing in America.

OMG someone has a different belief!!!!! They can't be president unless they believe what we believe!!!!! Pence must be a......BIGOT!!!!!!!!!

You're grasping Sloping Brow

They're Nazis.... typical "you're either with us, or fuck off and die". The diversity bunch my fat, hairy white ass.

It boggles my mind how any sane person could honestly believe everything was created only 6,000 years ago - by an invisible Sky Daddy. Holy shit...

Probaby from the big bang,. This is down right iranian! Just say no to doing what Turkey has been doing in America.

What caused the big bang?

Probably either the otherside of a black hole or another universe hitting with the universe parallel to it.

Think of it as a celestial orgy - the big bang.

Probably either the otherside of a black hole or another universe hitting with the universe parallel to it.

Probably? So, you have no idea.

Thanks for sharing.

Forum List

Back