Does Kerry live in Fantsy Land?

MtnBiker

Sep 28, 2003
Rocky Mountains
Transcript from 1-30-05 Meet the Press:
SEN. KERRY:
I am proud of the campaign, Tim. And I think if you look at what we did in states, I mean, millions of new voters came into this process. I won the youth vote. I won the independent vote. I won the moderate vote. If you take half the people at an Ohio State football game on Saturday afternoon and they were to have voted the other way, you and I would be having a discussion today about my State of the Union speech.

MR. RUSSERT: And the president will say if he had half the people at a high school basketball game in New Hampshire or Oregon, he would have carried those states because he lost them by 5,000 or 7,000.

SEN. KERRY: Well, the point is--that's right, and that's the difference. That the difference in this race was 18 electoral votes, 50,000, 60,000 people changing their votes in one state. That is a mandate for unity, not a mandate to go rushing off to change Social Security, not a mandate to ignore the fiscal crisis of our country, not a mandate to sort of pick some ideological hot buttons and start punching them. It is a mandate, as I said in my concession speech, to bring the country together, find the common ground and do things that we need to do to strengthen America. And there is a long list of those things.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6886726/

Oh only 50,000 to 60,000 thousand people in one state changing their votes and Kerry would be President. What an idiotic thing to say.

MtnBiker said:
Transcript from 1-30-05 Meet the Press:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6886726/

Oh only 50,000 to 60,000 thousand people in one state changing their votes and Kerry would be President. What an idiotic thing to say.

Bush won. It's a 'mandate' to get through whatever he can. Bottom line, wonder what the percentage would be today, if it were election day? Hmmm

I actually agree with Kerry. This is a mandate for unity. So its about time the minority party shut up and started uniting with the Majority instead of demanding the majority unite behind them. The people have chosen the issues they want to take on. Lets deal with them and give the people a better tomorrow.

Forum List

Back