Does IQ Fluctuate Over Time?

I still play a good game of chess.

If I can remember where I put the board last week.

:razz:

51mECqE1n0L._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU02_.jpg

Does IQ Fluctuate Over Time?

Yes, I've seen it... Right here on USMB.

I've seen people post intelligently in the morning, only to come off as complete morons later the same day...

Last edited:
I swear I used to be smarter than I am now. Is it possible that a person's IQ could change with time, absent any disease? What would make that happen, if true?

Could it be I'm just as smart as ever, but I feel less sharp because my brain is overloaded or something? I just don't seem able to focus like I once could.

It fluctuates.

51mECqE1n0L._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU02_.jpg
Do you have Chessmaster 2000? If not I highly recommend it to you.

I've played the Chessmaster engine. I would rather lose to a human than a soulless automaton. :tongue:

There's something about a head to head game that no computer can mimic.

I've played the Chessmaster engine. I would rather lose to a human than a soulless automaton. :tongue:

You can play Chessmaster 2000 on line. And there are some very sharp players out there -- in many different countries, too.

You can play Chessmaster 2000 on line. And there are some very sharp players out there -- in many different countries, too.

I really do enjoy the head to head game.

There's not a lot of talking, but there's another part of the game that's there. Grunting, twinging, sighing, rubbing eyes, etc. that you get to learn from opponents that you play with.

That's what I truly like. The game is not secondary of course, but the human interaction.

I'm on computers too much already. And believe me, I'm let to know.

No, Cheryl's not my wife. But the look, I've seen before... :tongue:

Cheryl's Clickable...

Forum List

Back