God gave you free will to do what you want, to follow or not to follow..

Although the old testament shows a very vengeful god!

I believe he was vengeful until Jesus died the ultimate sacrifice for our sins, which opened a bridge to God . I do not see anger in the New testament.
The Jews did not see God as angry. They found meaning in suffering.

"From the eighth to the sixth centuries B. C., during which Israel and Judah tottered before the aggressive power of Syria, Assyria, Egypt, and Babylon, the prophets found meaning in their predicament by seeing it as God's way of underscoring the demand for righteousness. God was using Israel's enemies against her. The experience of defeat and exile was teaching the Jews the true worth of freedom. Another lesson was that those who remain faithful in adversity will be vindicated. Stated abstractly, the deepest meaning the Jews found in their Exile was the meaning of vicarious suffering: meaning that enters lives that are willing to endure pain that others might be spared it. "the Lord has laid on him the iniquity of us all.""

07 Judaism

Are you Jewish?

I can agree with that...Before Christ they did regular rituals to offer sacrifice ..After Jesus gave His life, as he said it is finished.

God is the master potter, while going through trials and tribulations we are molded in the Kiln... painful but when you walk through adversity it changes your life and the vessel becomes stronger..

I cannot imagine not having that understanding of God, and faith while going through difficult times..
No. I'm not Jewish. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Of course, He IS Jewish.
Only while walking here. Jesus would technically be called a Hebrew 'from regions beyond, as having wings, a wonderful living spirit (planted)'

I don't believe I am. I am making the distinction that death is not destruction of our souls. Everyone will die. None of us will be destroyed. The only question remaining is will we be separated from God when we do die.

I understand your point, but the preservation of the soul =/= lack of destruction or the unwillingness to destroy

insofar as souls, what about the Nephilim? Did they have everlasting souls? (I'm not ready for that deep of a conversation fwiw)

Animals don't have souls

Is God all powerful? If so, they He could create out of nothing & he can deestroy

God gave you free will to do what you want, to follow or not to follow..

Although the old testament shows a very vengeful god!

I believe he was vengeful until Jesus died the ultimate sacrifice for our sins, which opened a bridge to God . I do not see anger in the New testament.
The Jews did not see God as angry. They found meaning in suffering.

"From the eighth to the sixth centuries B. C., during which Israel and Judah tottered before the aggressive power of Syria, Assyria, Egypt, and Babylon, the prophets found meaning in their predicament by seeing it as God's way of underscoring the demand for righteousness. God was using Israel's enemies against her. The experience of defeat and exile was teaching the Jews the true worth of freedom. Another lesson was that those who remain faithful in adversity will be vindicated. Stated abstractly, the deepest meaning the Jews found in their Exile was the meaning of vicarious suffering: meaning that enters lives that are willing to endure pain that others might be spared it. "the Lord has laid on him the iniquity of us all.""

07 Judaism

Are you Jewish?

I can agree with that...Before Christ they did regular rituals to offer sacrifice ..After Jesus gave His life, as he said it is finished.

God is the master potter, while going through trials and tribulations we are molded in the Kiln... painful but when you walk through adversity it changes your life and the vessel becomes stronger..

I cannot imagine not having that understanding of God, and faith while going through difficult times..
No. I'm not Jewish. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Of course, He IS Jewish.

Orthodox Jews believe in the vengeful god and that Jesus was just a man, but not the son of God.

Torah - Wikipedia
Can you show me where it says Orthodox Jews believe in the vengeful god so that I can better understand the context?

Yes, I am aware that Jews do not believe that Jesus was fully human and fully God. It took us a few centuries to figure that out as well.

I don't believe I am. I am making the distinction that death is not destruction of our souls. Everyone will die. None of us will be destroyed. The only question remaining is will we be separated from God when we do die.

I understand your point, but the preservation of the soul =/= lack of destruction or the unwillingness to destroy

insofar as souls, what about the Nephilim? Did they have everlasting souls? (I'm not ready for that deep of a conversation fwiw)

Animals don't have souls

Is God all powerful? If so, they He could create out of nothing & he can deestroy
I don't know if animals have souls or not. I only know that what He created was good and that it is not in His Nature to destroy what He has created because it is good. He hasn't destroyed Lucifer, has He?

God, by and large does not interfere in our lives. Jump from a tall building and you will prove the theory of gravity.

Tornados don't always skip over churches.

The natural law dictates that we will be born, live and then die. The body will be destroyed. The energy dissipated, the soul, will be judged.

I look at this a bit differently. A church burning down might be good if a community rallies around that church for a greater good.
I don't think we disagree. Blaming the church burning on God is wrong, when in reality it was an electrical short. But how people react is how we will be judged.
He uses it all for the good of those who love Him. He is a Master Craftsman.
God does not use it, we react, and we react by freewill in accordance with His will, if we are obedient. We are not robots, we have been given freewill.

I see. So will you be destroyed when you die?

at this point, you are being obtuse

When you have the Holy Spirit , your soul opens up to the reality of a spiritual realm around us... We can not see it with our eyes, but our spirit connects when you are open.
Our bodies are shells, but our spirits go on.

My sister passed away in 2001, I was in the room with her. When she died I felt my sister and God walk right through me... since that moment I have had even a stronger connection..

God, by and large does not interfere in our lives. Jump from a tall building and you will prove the theory of gravity.

Tornados don't always skip over churches.

The natural law dictates that we will be born, live and then die. The body will be destroyed. The energy dissipated, the soul, will be judged.

I look at this a bit differently. A church burning down might be good if a community rallies around that church for a greater good.
I don't think we disagree. Blaming the church burning on God is wrong, when in reality it was an electrical short. But how people react is how we will be judged.
He uses it all for the good of those who love Him. He is a Master Craftsman.
God does not use it, we react, and we react by freewill in accordance with His will, if we are obedient. We are not robots, we have been given freewill.
I don't believe He acts, I believe His moral laws prune us. We are given feedback. We are not left to our own devices per se.

God cannot oppose Himself. He can't go against His Nature. God is constant and unchanging.

Animals don't have souls

I don't know if animals have souls or not. I only know that what He created was good and that it is not in His Nature to destroy what He has created because it is good. He hasn't destroyed Lucifer, has He?

Animals will be in heaven, I do believe each animal has their own unique spirit.. Jesus comes back on a horse..

Revelation 19:11-16New King James Version (NKJV)
Christ on a White Horse
11 Now I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse.

not yet

so, since I am in a mood to reveal my batshit crazy...

I believe that men were experimenting with genetic mutation pre-flood

I believe that Satan's minions were bold enough to walk the earth and that their seed polluted the human gene pool

I believe that Noah and his sons were all "pure blooded" & that they preserved unmutated/unpolluted critters on the Ark

I believe that sexual perversion had reached levels even beyond what we see today (although, I think we are close)

I believe that mankind had attained population and technological levels beyond what we see today

And I believe that we are living in days that are similar to the days of Noah & Lott today (sexual perversion, knowledge, etc - so even some reference to Daniel's discussion with the angel here)

And I do believe that God can, will & has destroyed things that he created

on your larger point, no, I do not believe that "death equals destruction"

so yes, the soul is eternal & things made in his image are not to be destroyed; unless you consider eternal damnation and separation from God as "destruction"

so, are you arguing semantics here?

Animals don't have souls

Animals will be in heaven, I do believe each animal has their own unique spirit.. Jesus comes back on a horse..

Christ on a White Horse

I sure hope my dog is with me or me with him.

not yet

I believe that Satan's minions were bold enough to walk the earth and that their seed polluted the human gene pool

I believe that Noah and his sons were all "pure blooded" & that they preserved unmutated/unpolluted critters on the Ark

I believe that sexual perversion had reached levels even beyond what we see today (although, I think we are close)

I believe that mankind had attained population and technological levels beyond what we see today

And I believe that we are living in days that are similar to the days of Noah & Lott today (sexual perversion, knowledge, etc - so even some reference to Daniel's discussion with the angel here)

so yes, the soul is eternal & things made in his image are not to be destroyed; unless you consider eternal damnation and separation from God as "destruction"

I don't believe I am arguing semantics here. I don't believe He destroys what He creates.

Animals don't have souls

Christ on a White Horse

I sure hope my dog is with me or me with him.

I think your dog / along with all animals are angels on earth... unconditional love.

I strongly believe all living creatures will be in heaven.

not yet

I don't believe I am arguing semantics here. I don't believe He destroys what He creates.

Dingus, I'd like to support ya but you're just slap wrong.

not yet

Dingus?

When you have the Holy Spirit , your soul opens up to the reality of a spiritual realm around us... We can not see it with our eyes, but our spirit connects when you are open.

My sister passed away in 2001, I was in the room with her. When she died I felt my sister and God walk right through me... since that moment I have had even a stronger connection..

Or, perhaps people feel more comfortable in their own little world, rather than in the real world. They attribute things that happen to them as something else, simply because it makes them feel better.

The same can be said about religion, politics and alcohol.

not yet

Dingus?
Sorry, I've already seen that used a couple times.

Or, perhaps people feel more comfortable in their own little world, rather than in the real world. They attribute things that happen to them as something else, simply because it makes them feel better.

The same can be said about religion, politics and alcohol.

You are right... You know the emotions that come along when a loved one dies? Very deep , strong emotions..We are facing our own mortality and the reality.. We then go off and distract ourselves with like what you said and will include the computers,TV, over work, anything to keep us busy so we don't have to feel those feelings of death and dying..

Forum List

Back