ding

Confront reality
Oct 25, 2016
Houston
God does not destroy what He creates. How do I know? Well... first of all He has given us a Natural Law which tells us He does not destroy what He creates; The First Law of Thermodynamics which states that matter and energy cannot be destroyed or created. Since time and space were created matter and energy have only changed form. Secondly, He tell us in Genesis what He created is good. He does not destroy what is good. It is not in His Nature to do so.

Last edited:
God, by and large does not interfere in our lives. Jump from a tall building and you will prove the theory of gravity.

Tornados don't always skip over churches.

The natural law dictates that we will be born, live and then die. The body will be destroyed. The energy dissipated, the soul, will be judged.

God gave you free will to do what you want, to follow or not to follow..

Although the old testament shows a very vengeful god!
The Jews did not see God as vengeful at all. They see God as loving and caring.

I believe he was vengeful until Jesus died the ultimate sacrifice for our sins, which opened a bridge to God . I do not see anger in the New testament.

The Jews did not see God as vengeful at all. They see God as loving and caring.

Its that personal thing that most have a hard time grasping when reading it all. Many still do not get that Adam = red earth human- meaning humans or humankind.

God, by and large does not interfere in our lives. Jump from a tall building and you will prove the theory of gravity.

The natural law dictates that we will be born, live and then die. The body will be destroyed. The energy dissipated, the soul, will be judged.

I look at this a bit differently. A church burning down might be good if a community rallies around that church for a greater good.

The atoms are still there. When a tree sheds its leaves, the leaves go into the ground where the tree, or other plants, then take those nutrients and reuse them.

The same when animals die, they either get eaten or they go into the ground and become food for something or other.

Do things get destroyed, yes and no, the atoms don't get destroyed, they can change and become something else. This is life.

No need to make up a God to explain this.

God does not destroy what He creates. How do I know? Well... first of all He has given us a Natural Law which tells us He does not destroy what He creates; The First Law of Thermodynamics which states that matter and energy cannot be destroyed or created. Since time and space were created matter and energy have only changed form. Secondly, He tell us in Genesis what He created is good. He does not destroy what is good. It is not in His Nature to do so.

Wrong! See: Bible Gateway passage: Genesis 6 - King James Version

I believe he was vengeful until Jesus died the ultimate sacrifice for our sins, which opened a bridge to God . I do not see anger in the New testament.
The Jews did not see God as angry. They found meaning in suffering.

"From the eighth to the sixth centuries B. C., during which Israel and Judah tottered before the aggressive power of Syria, Assyria, Egypt, and Babylon, the prophets found meaning in their predicament by seeing it as God's way of underscoring the demand for righteousness. God was using Israel's enemies against her. The experience of defeat and exile was teaching the Jews the true worth of freedom. Another lesson was that those who remain faithful in adversity will be vindicated. Stated abstractly, the deepest meaning the Jews found in their Exile was the meaning of vicarious suffering: meaning that enters lives that are willing to endure pain that others might be spared it. "the Lord has laid on him the iniquity of us all.""

07 Judaism

The atoms are still there. When a tree sheds its leaves, the leaves go into the ground where the tree, or other plants, then take those nutrients and reuse them.

The same when animals die, they either get eaten or they go into the ground and become food for something or other.

Do things get destroyed, yes and no, the atoms don't get destroyed, they can change and become something else. This is life.

I

It is called Grand Design, which implies a designer. Enter God

beat me to it

should have read more before I replied...

You have defined part of the Natural Law and you don't even realize it.

Ecclesiastes 3:2New International Version (NIV)

2 a time to be born and a time to die,
a time to plant and a time to uproot,

Believe what you want, I am just curious of why you seem to care so much about what others believe.

Maybe you have not noticed but the Earth is fairly finite in what it has. Thus as you say one thing is built from another. Which leads to the logical conclusion that it is impossible to put more carbon in to nature, it was already there.

I

It is called Grand Design, which implies a designer. Enter God

I know. However no one has ever been able to answer my question.

If the world is so complex that it must have been created by a god, then the god must be complex, and if the god is so complex, then god must have been created by someone. Who created god?

You are confusing death with destruction. We certainly have the former, I don't believe we have the latter.

God set the stage for Christ right after Adam & Eve's original sin - does not seem vengeful to me

And there was certainly anger in the NT

7xpxr.jpg

You have defined part of the Natural Law and you don't even realize it.

Ecclesiastes 3:2New International Version (NIV)

2 a time to be born and a time to die,
a time to plant and a time to uproot,

Believe what you want, I am just curious of why you seem to care so much about what others believe.

Maybe you have not noticed but the Earth is fairly finite in what it has. Thus as you say one thing is built from another. Which leads to the logical conclusion that it is impossible to put more carbon in to nature, it was already there.

So... what's your point? There's a finite amount of carbon in the universe. Yes, and?

Forum List

Back