Does being a liberal automatically get you banned here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe it's me, but I've yet to see the poster post anything of the 'bring it on' nature? :trolls:

dilloduck said:
DAMN--I was gonna cure that one ! Now y'all have done chased it off.:cof:

There was no "chasing off." He/she/it played exactly the game he/she/it had in mind to play. Post a lot, promise a lot -- a tease -- but say nothing, then leave you wanting.

GunnyL said:
There was no "chasing off." He/she/it played exactly the game he/she/it had in mind to play. Post a lot, promise a lot -- a tease -- but say nothing, then leave you wanting.

Had to be a woman:cof:

I chose to join USMB because of its obvious conservative slant--which I thought might be a good antidote for my totally liberal environment in Massachusetts.

I guess he/she/it didn't like the level of emotions people show in support of their viewpoints here.

I mostly get a kick out of it--and I have learned plenty.

In particular, my views on abortion are shifting in your direction.

And, at the moment, I think the Democrats are TOTALLY NUTS for calling for pulling out of Iraq. Even though I opposed the war in the beginning, and feel vindicated in terms of not trusting Bush's oh-so-"secret" evidence, I think Colin Powell's "Pottery Barn" rule holds. We broke (into) Iraq, and now we have to fix it. No one should be rooting for us to fail in this enterprise, whether or not s/he supported the war in the first place. We have to win, and Democrats are foolish to fulfill Republican campaign fantasies by proposing cutting and running.

Mariner.

catatonic said:
Hi.

I just found this site on google that said it was America's premier message boards.

I noticed that over 99% of you are of the same politcal persuasion and was wondering if a liberal wouldn't be able to post here, so I just thought I'd test it out. There doesn't seem to be a single post here supporting any liberal person.

This is not a normal political message board. A normal political message board would be a debate between diverse groups, not a very narrow class of Americans. The Republicans in Congress don't even seem to be this one-sided. Call me crazy but you all seem to be stereotypes. What gives and will I be immediately banned?

Welcome to the board and NO

catatonic said:
Great. My thoughts are pretty much, "Bring it on."

But as I've stated, I would prefer to think about where to begin for as long as I feel like it. Thank you and goodbye.
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:geeezzzzz I registered and posted nothing, now I need to think. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

We gotta do something about the public schools.

It's very clear this guy hasn't read the board - If he/she read the board, he/she would certainly see Liberal Viewpoints (getting pwn3d by 'reason'). :)

catatonic said:
For the time being, I'm mostly curious about how soon I might get banned.

Unlike DU who banned me for my very first sentence...

"I am a Libertarian, are we welcome here?"

The people on this board will be happy to disabuse you of your temporary insanity.

catatonic said:
Hi.

I just found this site on google that said it was America's premier message boards.

I noticed that over 99% of you are of the same politcal persuasion and was wondering if a liberal wouldn't be able to post here, so I just thought I'd test it out. There doesn't seem to be a single post here supporting any liberal person.

This is not a normal political message board. A normal political message board would be a debate between diverse groups, not a very narrow class of Americans. The Republicans in Congress don't even seem to be this one-sided. Call me crazy but you all seem to be stereotypes. What gives and will I be immediately banned?

First of all, I don't believe you have read the board. Particularly in the Religion and Politics area without seeing threads started by the local Liberals...

Second of all, I don't believe you just "found" the board on Google. I think you came here based on reputation from a board that will ban people for not being Liberal.... **cough, cough** see the nutjob link below...

Lastly, even with all of that you still will not be banned.

Mr. P said:
I am...pushed the wrong button though and did pos. instead..I'm not blonde, just gray.:rotflmao:

oh sure-----you're just trying to use age as an excuse to avoid pos rep abuse !!!

Kathianne said:
Well you are off to a great start. :rolleyes:

Let me welcome you with a relatively new patriotic song I've become acquainted with:

http://www.army.mil/medalofhonor/smith/video/arlington.html

Go a bit above about 1/2 way through. Here are the lyrics:

A Hero For Today​
Slow and strong…

They served this country honorably… A people strong and proud… Never ones to compromise, they strive to be the best…

Pick up tempo…

This nation is the land they love to honor and obey; qualities that make someone, a hero for today!

And the silent cheering from above, somehow tells them that we that we are proud, and as we bend our knees to pray, may we find a way to say…Thanks to a hero, for today.

When you stand for freedom, you sometimes stand alone...Defending our America, on shores so far from home…Courageous moments anytime and a flag that points the way, on this lifelong journey of, a hero for today!

And the silent cheering from above, somehow tells them that we are proud, and as we bend our knees to pray, may we find a way to say, thanks to a hero, thanks to a hero…

Crescendo…

And the silent cheering from above, somehow tells them that we are proud, and as we bend our knees to pray, may we find a way to say, thanks to a hero for today.

And as we bend our knees to pray, may we find a way to say, thanks to a hero, we love you heroes, thanks to a hero for today…

Lenni Riefenstahl couldn't have done ant better. That's not patriotism...that's pure propaganda. It's one thing to support the troops, but another entirely to propagandize the sacrifices they make on foreign shores.

Bullypulpit said:
Lenni Riefenstahl couldn't have done ant better. That's not patriotism...that's pure propaganda. It's one thing to support the troops, but another entirely to propagandize the sacrifices they make on foreign shores.
Good evening to you too, Bully!

Mariner said:
I chose to join USMB because of its obvious conservative slant--which I thought might be a good antidote for my totally liberal environment in Massachusetts.

I guess he/she/it didn't like the level of emotions people show in support of their viewpoints here.

I mostly get a kick out of it--and I have learned plenty.

In particular, my views on abortion are shifting in your direction.

And, at the moment, I think the Democrats are TOTALLY NUTS for calling for pulling out of Iraq. Even though I opposed the war in the beginning, and feel vindicated in terms of not trusting Bush's oh-so-"secret" evidence, I think Colin Powell's "Pottery Barn" rule holds. We broke (into) Iraq, and now we have to fix it. No one should be rooting for us to fail in this enterprise, whether or not s/he supported the war in the first place. We have to win, and Democrats are foolish to fulfill Republican campaign fantasies by proposing cutting and running.

Mariner.
I like ya here...for what that's worth. Don't always agree..but hey, tis what makes the world go round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back