Does asking for a fiscally conservative government automatically make you fringe?

Dr.Drock

Aug 19, 2009
In the last 10 years we've had every version of government. Rep prez rep congress, rep prez dem congress, dem prez dem congress, dem prez rep congress and none of those 10 years worth of government have been fiscally conservative or had any real interest in reducing overall government spending.

So in other words is politics and which party you choose 100% dependent on social issues now?

In the last 10 years we've had every version of government. Rep prez rep congress, rep prez dem congress, dem prez dem congress, dem prez rep congress and none of those 10 years worth of government have been fiscally conservative or had any real interest in reducing overall government spending.

So in other words is politics and which party you choose 100% dependent on social issues now?

I guess if you want to give up the fiscal conservative fight it is. This spending is a course that's going to be very difficult to reverse. Once you start giving people things and doing things for them, it's very hard to take it away without some kind of uproar. But even if we all agreed that role of government is to do everything it currently does and spends money on, it can still do it far more efficiently and at less cost to John Q. Taxpayer.

Last edited:

No....what makes you fringe (i.e. History-challenged) is the too-obvious inability to go-back....farther-than 10 years....to The Precedent that (actually) WORKED!!!!

"Not only was the entire national deficit eliminated after raising taxes on the wealthy in 1993, but the economy grew so fast for the remainder of the decade that many conservative economists thought that the Fed should raise the prime interest rate in order to slow it down."

Fiscal conservatism, actually being fiscally conservative, is extreme fringe now b/c it requires that you take full responsibility of your life the day you are done with high school.

But we have nothing like that, not even close.

"Pay your way through college." - "you evil conservative! How dare you expect such a thing!"
"Feed yourself" - "you evil conservative! How dare you expect such a thing!"

I can go on and on and on and on.

Point is, I'm an Evil Conservative, and I will teach my children to be the same. When all is said and done, me, my wife and my kids will be able to say; "We did it." "We made it."

People that turn to the gov for help can't say such a thing.

I guess if you want to give up the fiscal conservative fight it is. This spending is a course that's going to be very difficult to reverse. Wants you start giving people things and doing things for them, it's very hard to take it away without some kind of uproar. But even if we all agreed that role of government is to do everything it currently does and spends money on, it can still do it far more efficiently and at less cost to John Q. Taxpayer.

How do you propose to fight the fiscal conservative fight?

Most of the ideas I hear are to vote for either party, that hasn't worked. The other ideas I hear are to cut certain gov't programs and make other ones bigger, seems to be anti-common sense to me.

Fiscal conservatism, actually being fiscally conservative, is extreme fringe now b/c it requires that you take full responsibility of your life the day you are done with high school.

"Pay your way through college." - "you evil conservative! How dare you expect such a thing!"

Point is, I'm an Evil Conservative, and I will teach my children to be the same. When all is said and done, me, my wife and my kids will be able to say; "We did it." "We made it."

Well you're relying on government to educate your kids until age 18 if they're in a public school, I'm not saying you have a choice I don't know you, but we all participate in the system. It's whether or not we want to change the system is how I view it.

:clap2: Wish I could rep ya.... catch ya later.

great post!

Well you're relying on government to educate your kids until age 18 if they're in a public school, I'm not saying you have a choice I don't know you, but we all participate in the system. It's whether or not we want to change the system is how I view it.

Thats assuming that they went to PS..... my kids have NEVER darkened the door of one, so try again my friend.

Two Thumbs will have to speak for himself.

Thats assuming that they went to PS..... my kids have NEVER darkened the door of one, so try again my friend.

I didn't say your kids did..................

Sadly I went to a public school, I'm not going to have kids until I can afford to send them to a better elementary/middle/high school. I swear the guy next to me in our graduating ceremony could barely read.

Thats assuming that they went to PS..... my kids have NEVER darkened the door of one.....
....Primarily, because you're (quite) obviously still dreaming o' the day you're old-enough to drive.

Run along, Skippy.

:rolleyes:

Sadly I went to a public school, I'm not going to have kids until I can afford to send them to a better elementary/middle/high school. I swear the guy next to me in our graduating ceremony could barely read.

I realize that... didnt mean to seem snooty :tongue:

You are doing the right thing. Wait till you can afford to the things you know are right, and you will always end up on top.

I did that and so far I am OK, and my kids are smarter than I could ever have dreamed.

BTW... I am a product of private schooling myself :eek:

:clap2: Wish I could rep ya.... catch ya later.

great post!

:thanks:

Thats assuming that they went to PS..... my kids have NEVER darkened the door of one.....
....Primarily, because you're (quite) obviously still dreaming o' the day you're old-enough to drive.

Run along, Skippy.

:rolleyes:

Well... guess Im glad I have you on my ignore list.

Went ofline to retrieve this dribble just to say

:fu:

Thanks for reminding me why you are on my ignore list.​
SKIPPY:bye1:

I guess if you want to give up the fiscal conservative fight it is. This spending is a course that's going to be very difficult to reverse. Wants you start giving people things and doing things for them, it's very hard to take it away without some kind of uproar. But even if we all agreed that role of government is to do everything it currently does and spends money on, it can still do it far more efficiently and at less cost to John Q. Taxpayer.

Most of the ideas I hear are to vote for either party, that hasn't worked. The other ideas I hear are to cut certain gov't programs and make other ones bigger, seems to be anti-common sense to me.

Oh the things I would change. Voters need to be more responsible for starters. Know your candidates. If he talks the fiscally conservative talk, has he walked the walk? There's a saying in the world of managing people that voters should take to heart. Be slow to hire and quick to fire. In the absence of much of a policy record, all one has to go on is what a candidate says. If in the span of a term he hasn't shown any measurable fiscal conservativeness then don't vote for him next time. It doesn't mean you have to vote for the other guy.

Another would be stop voting for career politicians in general. There's no rule that says Donald Trump can't run for the office of President. I think we would do a lot better if this country was run more like a business where there are actual consequences to being wasteful. Creepy as the guy is, Frobes may not have been such a bad guy to have as president.

You are doing the right thing. Wait till you can afford to the things you know are right, and you will always end up on top.

I did that and so far I am OK, and my kids are smarter than I could ever have dreamed.

Yeah and for my broke ass that means no kids until 40 lol, my kids are going to private schools and I'm going to start saving for their college at birth.

Right now at age 25 with no assets and a $40,000 piece of paper it ain't happenin'.

Never could swing PS.

Lord I have tried.

but currently I have 2 honor students, 1 that has made a promise to himself that he will get on it, and 2 that would be if grade school had such a thing.

I make it very clear that if they don't have plans for college or the military, we are having a going away party for them the day after graduation or after thier 18th birthday.

but I was talking about expecting public grants and loans. Instead of being a busser/server, like so many (most) did before.

Yeah and for my broke ass that means no kids until 40 lol, my kids are going to private schools and I'm going to start saving for their college at birth.

Right now at age 25 with no assets and a $40,000 piece of paper it ain't happenin'.

gawd I hate to play this part

But here's some words of wisdom (since it happend to me)

Just b/c you think you are set and life is now wonderfull, doesn't mean tomorrow won't suck ass and ruin more years than you thought possible.

Get an account far away from anything, keep a pile of money in it, and TELL NO ONE! Not even the woman you plan on being with forever, cuz that plan can change and you may not be the one changing it.

Oh the things I would change. Voters need to be more responsible for starters. Know your candidates. If he talks the fiscally conservative talk, has he walked the walk? There's a saying in the world of managing people that voters should take to heart. Be slow to hire and quick to fire. In the absence of much of a policy record, all one has to go on is what a candidate says. If in the span of a term he hasn't shown any measurable fiscal conservativeness then don't vote for him next time. It doesn't mean you have to vote for the other guy.

Another would be stop voting for career politicians in general. There's no rule that says Donald Trump can't run for the office of President. I think we would do a lot better if this country was run more like a business where there are actual consequences to being wasteful. Creepy as the guy is, Frobes may not have been such a bad guy to have as president.

I agree in general but allow me to nitpick and play devil's advocate.

A democrat in 2007 may be able to call themselves a fiscal conservative if they voted against republican budgets from 2000-2006, when really he/she just voted against it because it was a republican budget.

I can't play devil's advocate on the 2nd paragraph, I'd rather write in my friends who have zero bureacratic experience and feel better about them running the country/state/local gov't better than a career politician.

Keep doing what you are doing (thinking of the future and saving for it) things will work out just fine.
Its never easy, but its always worth it in the end.

Age 25... wow, you feel real old now, but you are just getting started. Life is a beautiful journey. Enjoy it, and savor the time with your young wife (I assume your married) because when the kids arrive.... :eek: thats when it gets interesting. :tongue:

Keep up the good fight Bro :cool:

Forum List

Back