Does asking for a fiscally conservative government automatically make you fringe?

I realize that... didnt mean to seem snooty :tongue:

You are doing the right thing. Wait till you can afford to the things you know are right, and you will always end up on top.

I did that and so far I am OK, and my kids are smarter than I could ever have dreamed.

BTW... I am a product of private schooling myself :eek:

Yeah and for my broke ass that means no kids until 40 lol, my kids are going to private schools and I'm going to start saving for their college at birth.

Right now at age 25 with no assets and a $40,000 piece of paper it ain't happenin'.

gawd I hate to play this part

But here's some words of wisdom (since it happend to me)

Just b/c you think you are set and life is now wonderfull, doesn't mean tomorrow won't suck ass and ruin more years than you thought possible.

Get an account far away from anything, keep a pile of money in it, and TELL NO ONE! Not even the woman you plan on being with forever, cuz that plan can change and you may not be the one changing it.

I must not have worded it right, I'm saying I'm broke right now hence the thought of having kids not even crossing my mind.

The $40,000 piece of paper I was referring to was my $40,000 debt from college and my degree.

In the last 10 years we've had every version of government. Rep prez rep congress, rep prez dem congress, dem prez dem congress, dem prez rep congress and none of those 10 years worth of government have been fiscally conservative or had any real interest in reducing overall government spending.

So in other words is politics and which party you choose 100% dependent on social issues now?
No....what makes you fringe (i.e. History-challenged) is the too-obvious inability to go-back....farther-than 10 years....to The Precedent that (actually) WORKED!!!!

"Not only was the entire national deficit eliminated after raising taxes on the wealthy in 1993, but the economy grew so fast for the remainder of the decade that many conservative economists thought that the Fed should raise the prime interest rate in order to slow it down."

Well of course that's one way to reduce the deficit. Just make the rich pay for it. That can't really be defined as a solution that 'worked' unfortunately. Just saying 'here, you pay for it' doesn't discourage government from being wasteful. In fact it only give them an excuse to be more wasteful. Did you ever consider the reason we have such monumental deficit each year is because they simply think they can do the same thing again to make up the deficit (as opposed to actually having to work on a fiscally responsible budget and tackling issue like the role of government).

Secondly, you assume a correlation where one can't really exist. Unless you can explain how making riching people pay the deficit CAUSED the economy to grow.

Yeah and for my broke ass that means no kids until 40 lol, my kids are going to private schools and I'm going to start saving for their college at birth.

Right now at age 25 with no assets and a $40,000 piece of paper it ain't happenin'.

gawd I hate to play this part

But here's some words of wisdom (since it happend to me)

Just b/c you think you are set and life is now wonderfull, doesn't mean tomorrow won't suck ass and ruin more years than you thought possible.

Get an account far away from anything, keep a pile of money in it, and TELL NO ONE! Not even the woman you plan on being with forever, cuz that plan can change and you may not be the one changing it.

I must not have worded it right, I'm saying I'm broke right now hence the thought of having kids not even crossing my mind.

The $40,000 piece of paper I was referring to was my $40,000 debt from college and my degree.

YOU ARE MAKING ME FEEL OLD

cut that shit out.

I knew what you meant, I was speeking of the future future, not tomorrow, pfft not even next year.

Pay off your debt, stash some cash awa for future family and put some away where no one but you knows about, just in case it gets real bad.

A democrat in 2007 may be able to call themselves a fiscal conservative if they voted against republican budgets from 2000-2006, when really he/she just voted against it because it was a republican budget.

I'm not sure I would have a problem with that if the outcome is the same. It's hard for me to play devil's advocate when so much must be assumed about the above scenario. I assume were presuming that these budgets were bigger than what a true fiscal conservative thinks they need to be? So why would a dem vote against spending a lot of money (other than simply thinking it's spending too much money)? Maybe becuse it's a lot of money spent on things he/she doesn't agree with. Even if said dem tried to claim their vote was based on be a fiscal conservative, I don't know how I would ever believe that. Money he/she didn't want to be spent on republican issues would likely have been spent on democrat issues instead. So the amount spent would have not changed, only what it was spent on. It just isn't in the nature of the avg. liberal to be fiscally conservative. Liberals have a fundamentally different view of the role of government. And the roles they think government should have cost money.

You also said it was anti-common sense to shrink certain roles/depts. and grow others. To that I would say it depends. If at the end of the day the same amount of money or more spent, then I would agree. Goal one is reduce what government spends. Once that's done we can start tweaking the size of government programs. Some I would get rid of, some I would grow, some I would restructure and take a different role.

In the last 10 years we've had every version of government. Rep prez rep congress, rep prez dem congress, dem prez dem congress, dem prez rep congress and none of those 10 years worth of government have been fiscally conservative or had any real interest in reducing overall government spending.

So in other words is politics and which party you choose 100% dependent on social issues now?
The success of the Tea Party and the results of the last election show that the idea fiscally conservative government is appealing to a lot of people who, as you correctly point out, have not been getting it. I hope that trend continues. I lot of morons will try to derail this success to try to ban abortion. Let's make sure they don't succeed.

A democrat in 2007 may be able to call themselves a fiscal conservative if they voted against republican budgets from 2000-2006, when really he/she just voted against it because it was a republican budget.

I'm not sure I would have a problem with that if the outcome is the same. It's hard for me to play devil's advocate when so much must be assumed about the above scenario. I assume were presuming that these budgets were bigger than what a true fiscal conservative thinks they need to be? So why would a dem vote against spending a lot of money (other than simply thinking it's spending too much money)? Maybe becuse it's a lot of money spent on things he/she doesn't agree with. Even if said dem tried to claim their vote was based on be a fiscal conservative, I don't know how I would ever believe that. Money he/she didn't want to be spent on republican issues would likely have been spent on democrat issues instead. So the amount spent would have not changed, only what it was spent on. It just isn't in the nature of the avg. liberal to be fiscally conservative. Liberals have a fundamentally different view of the role of government. And the roles they think government should have cost money.

You also said it was anti-common sense to shrink certain roles/depts. and grow others. To that I would say it depends. If at the end of the day the same amount of money or more spent, then I would agree. Goal one is reduce what government spends. Once that's done we can start tweaking the size of government programs. Some I would get rid of, some I would grow, some I would restructure and take a different role.

Right on, I agree.

well, maybe if the so-called "conservatives" stopped making it about social issues. *shrug*

Keep doing what you are doing (thinking of the future and saving for it) things will work out just fine.
Its never easy, but its always worth it in the end.

Age 25... wow, you feel real old now, but you are just getting started. Life is a beautiful journey. Enjoy it, and savor the time with your young wife (I assume your married) because when the kids arrive.... :eek: thats when it gets interesting. :tongue:

Keep up the good fight Bro :cool:

Cool thanks, I'm actually not married. Whenever I start dating I'm VERY open about me not having kids anytime soon, I dunno about your history but 20-25 year old broads are typically in a race to see who can get married and start popping out kids as quick as they can. So I've essentially been "cougar bait" the last few years lol.

My only worry is saving for one degree won't be enough when my kids are 18. In my grandpa's economy you didn't need a high school diploma and you could make a lot of money, in my dad's you didn't need a college degree and you could earn enough for a family, it's not like that now even with a bachelor's so who knows how much education you'll need in the 2030's and 2040's just to compete.

I can go on and on and on and on.

Point is, I'm an Evil Conservative, and I will teach my children to be the same. When all is said and done, me, my wife and my kids will be able to say; "We did it." "We made it."

People that turn to the gov for help can't say such a thing.
....Especially when the government is populated with nut-job Jesus-freaks......​

"Mike Beard, a Republican state representative from Minnesota, recently argued that coal mining should resume in the Land of 10,000 Lakes, in part because he believes God has created an earth that will provide unlimited natural resources.

"God is not capricious. He's given us a creation that is dynamically stable," Beard told MinnPost. "We are not going to run out of anything."

:cuckoo:

I just expect.... No....wish for leaders who encourage personal responsibility. It would be nice if they also didn't owe their election to people who need a nanny state.

well, maybe if the so-called "conservatives" stopped making it about social issues. *shrug*

cutting everything doesn't make it a social issue.

we all need to see cuts to all programs as a surgery where the Doc is cutting out cancers to save the whole person.

Point is, I'm an Evil Conservative, and I will teach my children to be the same. When all is said and done, me, my wife and my kids will be able to say; "We did it." "We made it."

....Especially when the government is populated with nut-job Jesus-freaks......​

"Mike Beard, a Republican state representative from Minnesota, recently argued that coal mining should resume in the Land of 10,000 Lakes, in part because he believes God has created an earth that will provide unlimited natural resources.

"God is not capricious. He's given us a creation that is dynamically stable," Beard told MinnPost. "We are not going to run out of anything."

ya know I just can generate enough give a shit as to why he wanted to re-start mining.

A job is a job and it beats anything else.

No....what makes you fringe (i.e. History-challenged) is the too-obvious inability to go-back....farther-than 10 years....to The Precedent that (actually) WORKED!!!!

"Not only was the entire national deficit eliminated after raising taxes on the wealthy in 1993, but the economy grew so fast for the remainder of the decade that many conservative economists thought that the Fed should raise the prime interest rate in order to slow it down."

Well of course that's one way to reduce the deficit. Just make the rich pay for it. That can't really be defined as a solution that 'worked' unfortunately. Just saying 'here, you pay for it' doesn't discourage government from being wasteful. In fact it only give them an excuse to be more wasteful. Did you ever consider the reason we have such monumental deficit each year is because they simply think they can do the same thing again to make up the deficit (as opposed to actually having to work on a fiscally responsible budget and tackling issue like the role of government).

Secondly, you assume a correlation where one can't really exist. Unless you can explain how making riching people pay the deficit CAUSED the economy to grow.

Thats always the k0-0ks way to make the economy work: raise taxes on the rich.

Its 2010......the k00ks cant read the tea leaves. Particularly the left on this board are still stuck in 2008. The country is a waaaaaaay different place now. Liberal public policy is seen as a fcukking disaster for the future of our country.

How much time and money did your hero Obama spend on convincing America that he was also a Jesus-freak?

Forum List

Back