Does AR5 contain observed, measured, quantified data that supports the A in AGW

Does the IPCC AR5 contain observed, measured, quantified data that supports the A in AGW?

• There is some in there I believe, but damned if I can find it.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I asked SSDD to define back radiation a few days ago. he answered but I lost the reply and I dont know which thread it is in.

he said it was something like....radiation that leaves the surface and comes back to the surface. I wish I had questioned him further.

so jc, what does back radiation mean to you? is it different than downward radiation?
Backward implies returning. There is no radiation returning.

By the way, it's what you can't prove!

we supplied numerous sources of data for the measurement of radiation coming from the atmosphere down to the surface. you refuse to acknowledge them or give any explanation as to why you reject them except to throw out unsubstantiated declaritive statements such as 'fooled by instrumentation'.
Actually I never said fooled by instruments that was SSDD. I never said radiation didn't come towards the surface I said, back radiation

I never said radiation didn't come towards the surface I said, back radiation

Why is "regular" radiation able to move downward, toward the surface,
but "back" radiation can't manage to do the same?
A thing called the sun

A thing called the sun.....allows downward IR at night?

we supplied numerous sources of data for the measurement of radiation coming from the atmosphere down to the surface. you refuse to acknowledge them or give any explanation as to why you reject them except to throw out unsubstantiated declaritive statements such as 'fooled by instrumentation'.
Actually I never said fooled by instruments that was SSDD. I never said radiation didn't come towards the surface I said, back radiation

A thing called the sun

Nope. Myth

I asked SSDD to define back radiation a few days ago. he answered but I lost the reply and I dont know which thread it is in.

he said it was something like....radiation that leaves the surface and comes back to the surface. I wish I had questioned him further.

so jc, what does back radiation mean to you? is it different than downward radiation?

A thing called the sun

A thing called the sun.....prevents downward radiation?

A thing called the sun

Nope. Myth

Any such downward radiation can be composed of two or more sources

Your own source disagrees.

A thing called the sun

Nope. Myth

What's the third?

jc turns into a blithering idiot rather than continue a discussion that he knows he lost.

A thing called the sun

Nope. Myth

What's the third?

That's a good question for your source, the one that disagrees with your claim.

Let me know what they say.

A thing called the sun

From my link:
"Thus, from the “horse’s mouth” the hand held thermometer gambit is well and truly busted. Professor Claes Johnson thereafter also persuaded Dr. Curry to abandon “back radiation.” But unlike Curry, Spencer did not renounce his “back radiation adds more heat” claims. So Latour pressed home the point to explain to Spencer:

Thanks for the link.

I accept radiation detector surfaces need not be colder than the incident radiation to detect and measure cold radiation. My eyes see ice. My eyes do not re-radiate ice light. Penzias & Wilson detected
CMBR = 3.7 K in 1964 with a radio telescope in a warmer NJ. Radio telescopes do not re-radiate CMBR. I suppose warm IR thermometers can indeed measure radiating temperature of colder refrigerators, without absorbing refrigerator radiation and warming further.

He admits that radiation from colder matter can be measured by a warmer detector.
Thanks.
Please let SSDD know that your source refuted his confused claims.
Much different reasons than your claim.

"In short, Latour and other PSI researchers argue climatologists need to drop the unphysical term “back-radiation” and more correctly explain that what they mean is “downward” radiation. But that does not per se add to, or delay heat transport. Any such downward radiation can be composed of two or more sources; remember the atmosphere is heated up also by solar radiation. The air absorbs 14% of solar radiation before it touches the surface. Oxygen, water vapor, and dust are the components of the air that absorb directly part of the incoming solar radiation.

Much different reasons than your claim.

My claim? It's your source.

climatologists need to drop the unphysical term “back-radiation” and more correctly explain that what they mean is “downward” radiation.

You said the atmosphere doesn't radiate downward.
Your source disagrees with you.
And I stand by that. That article doesn't prove that. nowhere in it does it state that it comes from the atmosphere as back radiation. I posted the quote so stop yourself

Is that because the CO2 captures the heat before escaping the atmosphere with it?

A thing called the sun

Nope. Myth

What's the third?

Here's what they wrote:

"Thus, from the “horse’s mouth” the hand held thermometer gambit is well and truly busted. Professor Claes Johnson thereafter also persuaded Dr. Curry to abandon “back radiation.” But unlike Curry, Spencer did not renounce his “back radiation adds more heat” claims. So Latour pressed home the point to explain to Spencer:"

A thing called the sun

From my link:
"Thus, from the “horse’s mouth” the hand held thermometer gambit is well and truly busted. Professor Claes Johnson thereafter also persuaded Dr. Curry to abandon “back radiation.” But unlike Curry, Spencer did not renounce his “back radiation adds more heat” claims. So Latour pressed home the point to explain to Spencer:

And the next sentence from your link.....

“My radio antenna detects and absorbs cold radio waves but it does not re-emit them with higher intensity than it intercepted them"

Carbon Taxes “No Scientific Basis” as IR Thermometer Makers Debunk Radiation Claims

A thing called the sun

From my link:

“My radio antenna detects and absorbs cold radio waves but it does not re-emit them with higher intensity than it intercepted them"
Electronically emitted power. Why does it fade out over distances?

If you shut the microwave door and hit the power button for one minute, is the inside of the microwave hot?

A thing called the sun

From my link:

If you shut the microwave door and hit the power button for one minute, is the inside of the microwave hot?

Electronically emitted power

Cold radio waves, from the beginning of the Universe, the Big Bang, CBR, is electronically emitted power?

A thing called the sun

From my link:

Cold radio waves, from the beginning of the Universe, the Big Bang, CBR, is electronically emitted power?
Why do the radio waves fade?

From my link:

We can detect radio waves emitted billions of years ago.
Just another fact that disproves your silly claims.

From my link:

We can detect radio waves emitted billions of years ago.
Just another fact that disproves your silly claims.
What station is it?

Nope. Myth

What's the third?

Here's what they wrote:

"Thus, from the “horse’s mouth” the hand held thermometer gambit is well and truly busted. Professor Claes Johnson thereafter also persuaded Dr. Curry to abandon “back radiation.” But unlike Curry, Spencer did not renounce his “back radiation adds more heat” claims. So Latour pressed home the point to explain to Spencer:"

you foolishly are deferring to authority. did you check out the claim 'Curry renounces back radiation'? I suspect her real words say no such thing.

I have tried to converse with many of the knuckleheads that you think 'speak the truth'. they frame their discussions in a set fashion with certain talking points and refuse to debate the details that contradict their conclusions. this is just as bad as the warmers who do the same thing in the same fashion in many instances.

you lack the intellectual capacity to think things through for yourself, so you just pick a side to believe in.

Nope. Myth

What's the third?

Here's what they wrote:

you foolishly are deferring to authority. did you check out the claim 'Curry renounces back radiation'? I suspect her real words say no such thing.

I have tried to converse with many of the knuckleheads that you think 'speak the truth'. they frame their discussions in a set fashion with certain talking points and refuse to debate the details that contradict their conclusions. this is just as bad as the warmers who do the same thing in the same fashion in many instances.

you lack the intellectual capacity to think things through for yourself, so you just pick a side to believe in.
You can't prove anything named back radiation. Dude you call me names all day I give a fk. My belief is fact, yours made up. Let's just call a spade a spade!

What's the third?

Here's what they wrote:

You can't prove anything named back radiation. Dude you call me names all day I give a fk. My belief is fact, yours made up. Let's just call a spade a spade!

You can't prove anything named back radiation.

upload_2016-11-13_13-56-35.png

Here is a measurement of back radiation.
Call it something else if that makes you feel better.
Incoming long-wave radiation work for you?

Forum List

Back