Does AR5 contain observed, measured, quantified data that supports the A in AGW

Does the IPCC AR5 contain observed, measured, quantified data that supports the A in AGW?

• There is some in there I believe, but damned if I can find it.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
What's the third?

That's a good question for your source, the one that disagrees with your claim.

Let me know what they say.
Here's what they wrote:

"Thus, from the “horse’s mouth” the hand held thermometer gambit is well and truly busted. Professor Claes Johnson thereafter also persuaded Dr. Curry to abandon “back radiation.” But unlike Curry, Spencer did not renounce his “back radiation adds more heat” claims. So Latour pressed home the point to explain to Spencer:"

you foolishly are deferring to authority. did you check out the claim 'Curry renounces back radiation'? I suspect her real words say no such thing.

I have tried to converse with many of the knuckleheads that you think 'speak the truth'. they frame their discussions in a set fashion with certain talking points and refuse to debate the details that contradict their conclusions. this is just as bad as the warmers who do the same thing in the same fashion in many instances.

you lack the intellectual capacity to think things through for yourself, so you just pick a side to believe in.
You can't prove anything named back radiation. Dude you call me names all day I give a fk. My belief is fact, yours made up. Let's just call a spade a spade!

You can't prove anything named back radiation.

View attachment 98273

Here is a measurement of back radiation.
Call it something else if that makes you feel better.
Incoming long-wave radiation work for you?
I so enjoy watching you skate. Are you ever going to take lessons and learn how to actually skate? you should actually learn the difference between downward IR and back radiation. One implies one thing, the other another. but you know this. You can't prove the back part.

you still haven't answered why if you shut the microwave door and turn on the microwave for one minute, does the inside of the microwave get hot?

From my link:
"Thus, from the “horse’s mouth” the hand held thermometer gambit is well and truly busted. Professor Claes Johnson thereafter also persuaded Dr. Curry to abandon “back radiation.” But unlike Curry, Spencer did not renounce his “back radiation adds more heat” claims. So Latour pressed home the point to explain to Spencer:

And the next sentence from your link.....

“My radio antenna detects and absorbs cold radio waves but it does not re-emit them with higher intensity than it intercepted them"
Electronically emitted power. Why does it fade out over distances?

If you shut the microwave door and hit the power button for one minute, is the inside of the microwave hot?

Electronically emitted power

Cold radio waves, from the beginning of the Universe, the Big Bang, CBR, is electronically emitted power?
Why do the radio waves fade?

We can detect radio waves emitted billions of years ago.
Just another fact that disproves your silly claims.
we can. not too many places though right? BTW, where do these radio waves come from? Did they just magically show up, or is there a reason why they are there? Let's hear your explanation on this one.

And I believe the only place they are measuring these radio waves is in New Zealand.

Nope. Myth

Any such downward radiation can be composed of two or more sources

Your own source disagrees.
What's the third?

Here's what they wrote:

"Thus, from the “horse’s mouth” the hand held thermometer gambit is well and truly busted. Professor Claes Johnson thereafter also persuaded Dr. Curry to abandon “back radiation.” But unlike Curry, Spencer did not renounce his “back radiation adds more heat” claims. So Latour pressed home the point to explain to Spencer:"

you foolishly are deferring to authority. did you check out the claim 'Curry renounces back radiation'? I suspect her real words say no such thing.

I have tried to converse with many of the knuckleheads that you think 'speak the truth'. they frame their discussions in a set fashion with certain talking points and refuse to debate the details that contradict their conclusions. this is just as bad as the warmers who do the same thing in the same fashion in many instances.

you lack the intellectual capacity to think things through for yourself, so you just pick a side to believe in.
so Ian let's see her real words. It seems you question the authenticity of the claim. Post up what she said.

Here's what they wrote:

You can't prove anything named back radiation. Dude you call me names all day I give a fk. My belief is fact, yours made up. Let's just call a spade a spade!

View attachment 98273

I so enjoy watching you skate. Are you ever going to take lessons and learn how to actually skate? you should actually learn the difference between downward IR and back radiation. One implies one thing, the other another. but you know this. You can't prove the back part.

you still haven't answered why if you shut the microwave door and turn on the microwave for one minute, does the inside of the microwave get hot?

you should actually learn the difference between downward IR and back radiation.

Explain the difference.

does the inside of the microwave get hot?

Microwave Precaution (Operating Empty)
Do not operate the oven while empty to avoid damage to the oven or the possibility of a fire.

If by accident the oven should run empty for a minimal amount of time (approx 5 min), no harm is done. Do try to avoid operating the oven empty at all times--it saves energy and prolongs the life of the oven.

However, if running the oven empty should occur, it may overheat and shut down. Allow the oven to cool down and reset itself. Try using the oven again normally to make sure it is heating.

And the next sentence from your link.....

“My radio antenna detects and absorbs cold radio waves but it does not re-emit them with higher intensity than it intercepted them"

If you shut the microwave door and hit the power button for one minute, is the inside of the microwave hot?

Cold radio waves, from the beginning of the Universe, the Big Bang, CBR, is electronically emitted power?

we can. not too many places though right? BTW, where do these radio waves come from? Did they just magically show up, or is there a reason why they are there? Let's hear your explanation on this one.

And I believe the only place they are measuring these radio waves is in New Zealand.

we can. not too many places though right?

Any place we build a detector. They come in from the entire sky.

BTW, where do these radio waves come from? Did they just magically show up, or is there a reason why they are there?

They come from the Big Bang.

They were first detected/explained based on a radio telescope in New Jersey.

Cosmic Anniversary: 'Big Bang Echo' Discovered 50 Years Ago Today

Any such downward radiation can be composed of two or more sources

Your own source disagrees.
What's the third?

Here's what they wrote:

so Ian let's see her real words. It seems you question the authenticity of the claim. Post up what she said.

first off, Curry has many guest posts by outside authors that she respects but does not necessarily agree with. do you know who penned the article in question?

here is the comment in the article that Johnson spun into "Professor Claes Johnson thereafter also persuaded Dr. Curry to abandon back radiation."

curryja | August 13, 2011 at 10:10 am |
Back radiation is a phrase, one that I don’t use myself, and it is not a word that is used in technical radiative transfer studies. The argument is made technically from the spectral infrared absorption and emission of CO2 and other gases.

is this a renouncement of anything? I dont think so

[

View attachment 98273

Measured with an instrument cooled to -80F

present your proof that this data was produced by an instrument cooled to -80F. what refrigerant was used to attain this temperature?

I have presented data and graphs very similar to toddster, and they were measured by ambient temperature instruments. even if some instruments are cooled, you have totally ignored calls to explain and prove that the reduced temperature is a necessary precondition to the method of measurement for anything other than speed of response or sensitivity.

will you now present that evidence?

Here's what they wrote:

View attachment 98273

you should actually learn the difference between downward IR and back radiation.

Explain the difference.

Do not operate the oven while empty to avoid damage to the oven or the possibility of a fire.

If by accident the oven should run empty for a minimal amount of time (approx 5 min), no harm is done. Do try to avoid operating the oven empty at all times--it saves energy and prolongs the life of the oven.

However, if running the oven empty should occur, it may overheat and shut down. Allow the oven to cool down and reset itself. Try using the oven again normally to make sure it is heating.

so, you still haven't answered the question which isn't unusual for you. When did I say five minutes?

BTW, where do these radio waves come from? Did they just magically show up, or is there a reason why they are there?

well in 1964 I supposed FM radio wasn't in full mass yet, so that makes sense. However, today, New Zealand is where the new field is for listening to the stars radio.

Yep, the big bang. They arrived due to force from the big bang expansion. Force!!!

What's the third?

Here's what they wrote:

first off, Curry has many guest posts by outside authors that she respects but does not necessarily agree with. do you know who penned the article in question?

here is the comment in the article that Johnson spun into "Professor Claes Johnson thereafter also persuaded Dr. Curry to abandon back radiation."

Back radiation is a phrase, one that I don’t use myself, and it is not a word that is used in technical radiative transfer studies. The argument is made technically from the spectral infrared absorption and emission of CO2 and other gases.

so where exactly was my article wrong? you just confirmed what the article stated. Again, CO2 absorbs incoming IR from the sun. How is that out of context from what she claims?

So?

View attachment 98273

Explain the difference.

so, you still haven't answered the question which isn't unusual for you. When did I say five minutes?

Which question do you feel I haven't answered?

well in 1964 I supposed FM radio wasn't in full mass yet, so that makes sense. However, today, New Zealand is where the new field is for listening to the stars radio.

Yep, the big bang. They arrived due to force from the big bang expansion. Force!!!

well in 1964 I supposed FM radio wasn't in full mass yet, so that makes sense.

What does FM radio have to do with detecting energy from the Big Bang?

They arrived due to force from the big bang expansion.

What does force have to do with the discussion?

Here's what they wrote:

so where exactly was my article wrong? you just confirmed what the article stated. Again, CO2 absorbs incoming IR from the sun. How is that out of context from what she claims?

So?

Again, CO2 absorbs incoming IR from the sun.

And outgoing radiation from the surface. It emits some of this IR, without regard to direction.

it's the frequency the radio waves come in on. I just watched a series on it on the scifi channel. New Zealand is where there is someone recording those waves from the first star.

Here's what they wrote:

So?

And outgoing radiation from the surface. It emits some of this IR, without regard to direction.
the outgoing upward.

it's the frequency the radio waves come in on. I just watched a series on it on the scifi channel. New Zealand is where there is someone recording those waves from the first star.

it's the frequency the radio waves come in on.

You think our FM broadcasts are on the same frequency as CMBR?

So?

the outgoing upward.

And downward and sideways.

That's what, "without regard to direction" means.

it's the frequency the radio waves come in on.

You think our FM broadcasts are on the same frequency as CMBR?
it's what they said on the broadcast I watched from New Zealand. Have to go there to get out of the interference of the FM radio stations. hmmmmmmmm seems you don't know this. When I get home tonight I'll get you the series it came from.

So?

the outgoing upward.

And downward and sideways.

That's what, "without regard to direction" means.
sideways, maybe, after that, upwards. sorry charlie

Forum List

Back