Does anyone think we need the Fed?

So the market cant do this?? We need to have a centrally planned economy like the Soviet Union?

No, the market cannot do this. The results of trying are fugly. And you have presented a false dichotomy.

Nah, you're presenting a false multichotomy. Oh, and you through in some fearmongering. Good job. You should be working for the Fed board.

Government regulation, especially when it comes to money, leads only to more government regulation until freedom is a dried out husk of a memory.

That;s why we're all slaves now laboring for the central gov't and doing only what they tell us?
Nah, no fear mongering there.
Tool.

No, the market cannot do this. The results of trying are fugly. And you have presented a false dichotomy.

Nah, you're presenting a false multichotomy. Oh, and you through in some fearmongering. Good job. You should be working for the Fed board.

Government regulation, especially when it comes to money, leads only to more government regulation until freedom is a dried out husk of a memory.

That;s why we're all slaves now laboring for the central gov't and doing only what they tell us?
Tool.

Exactly. The choice isn't binary.

Tool.

Just wait until the undeclared wars and towering entitlement debt come back to bite us.

People are naturally greedy. The free market system acknowledges that and allows real risk to regulate the market, the supposed "spectrum" that you're talking about (which I argue is a transition to a planned economy) ignores that. More and more regulations are put in place to socialize risk and give preferential treatment to the politically well-connected and, as a result, virtual monopolies arise and small competitors (who do not have political ties) struggle against the current of power brokering. The big get bigger and the small get smaller. Once the winners of this sick game are decided-not by their competitiveness on the market, they are ready to merge with the government (GE, GM, The Federal Reserve Banks). This leads to an inferior product and a crumbling economy. The people then become resentful because they notice that their lives are getting worse. They need someone to blame. Leading becomes a matter of finding a scape goat. Does this sound familiar? I think most Americans will be smart enough to figure out what's really going on before it's too late. You two will be fine. You can move to the UK! It's a magical land where there's no such thing as risk! There's also no such thing as a cup of coffee for under $4.00!

The fact that those arguing against central banking outnumber those arguing for it on this thread gives me a lot of hope.

Tool.

Just wait until the undeclared wars and towering entitlement debt come back to bite us.

People are naturally greedy. The free market system acknowledges that and allows real risk to regulate the market, the supposed "spectrum" that you're talking about (which I argue is a transition to a planned economy) ignores that. More and more regulations are put in place to socialize risk and give preferential treatment to the politically well-connected and, as a result, virtual monopolies arise and small competitors (who do not have political ties) struggle against the current of power brokering. The big get bigger and the small get smaller. Once the winners of this sick game are decided-not by their competitiveness on the market, they are ready to merge with the government (GE, GM, The Federal Reserve Banks). This leads to an inferior product and a crumbling economy. The people then become resentful because they notice that their lives are getting worse. They need someone to blame. Leading becomes a matter of finding a scape goat. Does this sound familiar? I think most Americans will be smart enough to figure out what's really going on before it's too late. You two will be fine. You can move to the UK! It's a magical land where there's no such thing as risk! There's also no such thing as a cup of coffee for under $4.00!

The fact that those arguing against central banking outnumber those arguing for it on this thread gives me a lot of hope.

Anybody who would advocate private central banking just doesn't understand it.

Give them this url rubba : The Silver Bear Cafe

Anyone who advocates against the Fed doesn't understand the financial history of this country and/or is a kook.
THe link proves it. Why post lies? We don't have enough of them as it is?

Anyone who advocates against the Fed doesn't understand the financial history of this country and/or is a kook.

How can you advocate such good common sense on other threads yet still say the fed is some good benevolent organization that helps America?

Its sucking us dry.

How about this... What if we KEEP the Federal Reserve, but just nationalize it?

Then itll be owned by America.. Would you go for that?

How can you advocate such good common sense on other threads yet still say the fed is some good benevolent organization that helps America?

Its sucking us dry.

Are you really that fucking stupid? The Fed is part of the federal gov't. Who appoints the chair? Who appoints the governors? Look at their own fucking website and see what they say there.
Nationalize it, my ass.

Its sucking us dry.

Whether it's "owned" by America or not it'll continue its policies, and nothing will change.

Its sucking us dry.

Are you really that fucking stupid? The Fed is part of the federal gov't. Who appoints the chair? Who appoints the governors? Look at their own fucking website and see what they say there.
Nationalize it, my ass.

Lets make sure we're talking about the same thing.

The Federal Reserve Board of Governors is part of the federal government. And the members are all picked by the president.

However the real power in the Federal Reserve System is the Federal Reserve Banks. And the Federal Reserve Banks are all privately owned companies whose officers are all elected privately.

The banks have all the power especially the Federal Reserve Bank of New York.

So you're trying to marginalize anyone who disagrees with you? Hmm... I swear I've seen that tactic before. You're link doesn't prove shit and you haven't made the case for anything. Actually all you've done is quibble over irrelevant details. Bernanke? Is that you?

So you're trying to marginalize anyone who disagrees with you? Hmm... I swear I've seen that tactic before. You're link doesn't prove shit and you haven't made the case for anything. Actually all you've done is quibble over irrelevant details. Bernanke? Is that you?

Yeah, you know whats funny, you can go on one of the federal reserve banks own websites and they openly talk about how they pay 4 cents to print up a $100 bill.. They brag about that shit.. And why not.. Printing money is old fashioned now to these guys.. they can just credit a bank account with billions at an electronic instant.

Yeah, you know whats funny, you can go on one of the federal reserve banks own websites and they openly talk about how they pay 4 cents to print up a $100 bill.. They brag about that shit.. And why not.. Printing money is old fashioned now to these guys.. they can just credit a bank account with billions at an electronic instant.
I am starting to think you are delusional. Please post a link where they say they pay 4 cents to print a $100 bill. The Bureau of Printing and Engraving prints bills.
FedFaq - Search Results
The regional banks are part of the federal system. They are not independent in any way shape or form.

I am starting to think you are delusional. Please post a link where they say they pay 4 cents to print a $100 bill. The Bureau of Printing and Engraving prints bills.
FedFaq - Search Results
The regional banks are part of the federal system. They are not independent in any way shape or form.

Let me correct myself. The Federal Reserve doesn't print up $100 Bills.. They pay the BEP 4 cents and the BEP prints up the $100 Bill. I mean this enough should make you wonder why we need them.. They pay the BEP 4 cents for a $100 bill then turn around and basically sell it for $100 worth of government debt. America should print its own notes up and get rid of the federal reserve as a middle man.. Its nonsense.

Okay. So I was right. You are actually delusional.
Thanks.

It could be argued that those who believe we need the institution that has tanked the value of the dollar by 95% since its inception are delusional. That's like saying a drug addict needs drugs to be healthy.

And GDP through that time has grown from $39B to $14.73T.
So even accounting for inflation we are much better off.

Your point again?

Your point again?

Which is not surprising. Since by tanking the value of the dollar the Fed has allowed the federal government to spend astronomically, which has greatly contributed to the GDP.

Your point again?

Which is not surprising. Since by tanking the value of the dollar the Fed has allowed the federal government to spend astronomically, which has greatly contributed to the GDP.

You're losing coherence here.

Your point again?

You're losing coherence here.

In other words you can't respond intelligently so you try to demean what I said in an attempt to maintain credibility.

Your point again?

Kevin, as best I can tell, in the past two years the average price for the Euro in American coin has been 145 pennies. Now, I know the chart of the Eur/Dol has been all over the place during that time, but the average is close to where we are right now. I do not see that the Dollar has tanked. Where do you see it?

Forum List

Back