Does anyone know what Romney's foreign policies are?

The fact that Romney has no "foreign policy" background with regards to presidential leadership is bad because why-?

What we can and do know about his views at this time is not unusual or extraordinary-

Here are some background statements and positions he has espoused

Actually, George Bush (Senior) was possibly the best prepared president in modern History, with a career in CIA as well as 8 years as VP.

He lost after one term to a Governor from a land-locked state renown for chicken farming that bordered niether Mexico nor even the dubiously "foreign country," Canada.

The fact that Romney has no "foreign policy" background with regards to presidential leadership is bad because why-?

What we can and do know about his views at this time is not unusual or extraordinary-

well because you know its kind of important? Its something you morons whined about that Obama had zero experience in the 08 election.

But hey why have standards right? Fucking whores.

First off I didn't whine about it- All I ever wanted was to hear positions- Unlike idgit morons, I understood the reality of his never having been president.

That said- since you supported a community organizer as president, supporting Mitt ,who has worked globally in the business world, as well as with leaders during the Olympics, you must also agree his lack of hands on experience is not necessarily a detriment. What you must be interested in are his foreign policy positions ..right?

He's surrounded himself with foreign policy advisors that are basically leftovers and re-runs from the Bush-Cheney era.

So, if you enjoyed that fare, Romney will thaw it out and warm up a heaping plate of it for you.

Actually, I think it would be more accurate to say Romney will emulate Reagan Foreign Policy: Here is the text of Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney’s speech on foreign policy as prepared for delivery (Oct. 2011) at The Citadel in Charleston, S.C.:

Ronald Reagan called it “Peace through Strength” and he was never more right than today:

When I look around the world, I see a handful of major forces that vie with America and free nations, to shape the world in an image of their choosing. These are not exclusively military threats. Rather, they are determined, powerful forces that may threaten freedom, prosperity, and America’s national interests.

First, Islamic fundamentalism with which we have been at war since Sept. 11, 2001.

Second, the struggle in the greater Middle East between those who yearn for freedom, and those who seek to crush it.

The dangerous and destabilizing ripple effects of failed and failing states, from which terrorists may find safe haven.

The anti-American visions of regimes in Iran, North Korea, Venezuela, and Cuba—two of which are seeking nuclear weapons.

And these forces include rising nations with hidden and emerging aspirations, like China, determined to be a world superpower, and a resurgent Russia, led by a man who believes the Soviet Union was great, not evil.

There is no one approach to these challenges. There is no Wall that the next President can demand to be torn down. But there is one unifying thread that connects each of these possible threats: when America is strong, the world is safer

Pretty Basic Stuff.

America is always strong...when hasn't it been...

I agree with you: Foreign policy is a "non issue;" more important to world media than US voters.

Actually, George Bush (Senior) was possibly the best prepared president in modern History, with a career in CIA as well as 8 years as VP.

He lost after one term to a Governor from a land-locked state renown for chicken farming that bordered niether Mexico nor even the dubiously "foreign country," Canada.

Then of course we also had Eisenhower.

Then of course we also had Eisenhower.

Indeed, and Teddy.

But Ike was not liked because of his foreign policy; Indeed, it could be argued that it was during his term that the USSR was emboldened to place missile bases in Cuba, and the Vietnamese whipped up upon our hapless French Allies.

I doubt Romney will embarrass us by bowing and apologizing for US greatness

Well, I'd say you are accurate:

Here is the text of Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney’s speech on foreign policy as prepared for delivery Friday at The Citadel in Charleston, S.C.:

Let me make this very clear. As President of the United States, I will devote myself to an American Century. And I will never, ever apologize for America

Excellent speech! Thanks for sharing~

It covers as much as community organizer did.

You forgot the part about being a law lecturer, editor of the harvard newspaper, being a state senator and being a senator ...

My apologies do you deal with foreign policy or other countries a lot as law lecturer, editor of a college newspaper, a state senator or a one term U.S. senator who spent half that time running for President?

Last edited:
Anyone or does being a business man cover everything with being POTUS?

Perhaps you should go to his web site and read the extensive Info there on Exactly what His Foreign Policy would be. You may not agree with him, But he has clear Concepts laid out for all to see, with just a little effort.

and just to be clear, Romney is Vastly more qualified to be President than Obama was 4 Years ago. Not only did he succeed in Business, He has Executive Experience as a Governor. He showed Great Diplomatic and Negotiating skills dealing with the SL Olympics, I am sure he is more than Capable of Picking good Advisers and taking their Advice in Areas he does not know enough about. Not Sure I can say the same for your Candidate.

Is the Party that Nominated and Elected a Community Organizer, with out a Singe Days Experience in Business, Foreign Policy, Or an ounce of Executive experience Really going to sit here asking if Romney is Qualified? Seriously?

The Hypocrisy of some never ceases to amaze me. Do you actually expect anyone to take you seriously?

Last edited:
"The other day I heard the President say that Americans had gone “soft.” I guess he wasn’t talking about how hard it is for millions of Americans who are trying to get a job or stretch a too small paycheck through the week." -- Mitt Romney, our next President

"The other day I heard the President say that Americans had gone “soft.” I guess he wasn’t talking about how hard it is for millions of Americans who are trying to get a job or stretch a too small paycheck through the week." -- Mitt Romney, our next President

Because, you know, Mitt would know how that feels, right?

Forum List

Back