Does anyone have an opinion on the economy?

Well it would certainly make us look stupid if the president went into a war and congress did not back him up. And just so you know you asked me "Do you think" as a separate question.

ahhhhhhh there ya go. The democratic majority had the power to defund the war, but not the balls to do it... therefore we blame it on the President..

ahhhhhhh there ya go. The democratic majority had the power to defund the war, but not the balls to do it... therefore we blame it on the President..

At the onset of the war, we were given the information by president Bush that we KNEW Iraq was behing Bin Laden and we KNEW that there were WMD's. We were all lied to. When the lie was exposed, however, the democrats DID refuse to give funding until a withdrawl date could be set.

At the onset of the war, we were given the information by president Bush that we KNEW Iraq was behing Bin Laden and we KNEW that there were WMD's. We were all lied to. When the lie was exposed, however, the democrats DID refuse to give funding until a withdrawl date could be set.

that statment just confirms that youse democrats are gullible and stupid, you can be lied too and swallow it hook line and sinker every single time... whoooo hoooo

if the did refuse to give funding hows come we are still over there doyathink?

that statment just confirms that youse democrats are gullible and stupid, you can be lied too and swallow it hook line and sinker every single time... whoooo hoooo

if the did refuse to give funding hows come we are still over there doyathink?

Well we were told by our leader who is not legally allowed to lie that Iraq posed an imminent threat. I assume you said, "I want some documented proof and I need a background check of this 'president' guy." I wanted us to be able to protect our country. That only proves that I am patriotic and believed in Bush. It proves that the American peopel believe that their president would not lie to the about something so serious.

We are still there because there IS a withdrawl date. Pick up a newspaper.

I suppose Clinton lied to us too:

"The community of nations may see more and more of the very kind of threat Iraq poses now: a rogue state with weapons of mass destruction, ready to use them or provide them to terrorists. If we fail to respond today, Saddam and all those who would follow in his footsteps will be emboldened tomorrow." -- President Bill Clinton in 1998

And Gore:

"Iraq does pose a serious threat to the stability of the Persian Gulf and we should organize an international coalition to eliminate his access to weapons of mass destruction. Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to completely deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power." -- Vice President and Democrat Presidential Nominee (2000), Al Gore, 2002

And Kerry:

"The threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real, but as I said, it is not new. It has been with us since the end of that war, and particularly in the last 4 years we know after Operation Desert Fox failed to force him to reaccept them, that he has continued to build those weapons. He has had a free hand for 4 years to reconstitute these weapons, allowing the world, during the interval, to lose the focus we had on weapons of mass destruction and the issue of proliferation." -- Democrat Presidential Nominee (2004), Senator John Kerry, October 9, 2002

And Edwards:

"Saddam Hussein's regime represents a grave threat to America and our allies, including our vital ally, Israel. For more than two decades, Saddam Hussein has sought weapons of mass destruction through every available means. We know that he has chemical and biological weapons. He has already used them against his neighbors and his own people, and is trying to build more. We know that he is doing everything he can to build nuclear weapons, and we know that each day he gets closer to achieving that goal." -- Democrat Vice Presidential Nominee (2004) John Edwards, Oct 10, 2002

And Pelosi before Bush was elected:

"As a member of the House Intelligence Committee, I am keenly aware that the proliferation of chemical and biological weapons is an issue of grave importance to all nations. Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process." -- Democrat Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi, December 16, 1998

And Hillary, you know, Bill's co-president:

"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including Al Qaeda members, though there is apparently no evidence of his involvement in the terrible events of September 11, 2001. It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons. Should he succeed in that endeavor, he could alter the political and security landscape of the Middle East, which as we know all too well affects American security." -- Hillary Clinton, October 10, 2002

And President Clinton's SecDef:

"I am absolutely convinced that there are weapons...I saw evidence back in 1998 when we would see the inspectors being barred from gaining entry into a warehouse for three hours with trucks rolling up and then moving those trucks out." -- Clinton's Secretary of Defense William Cohen in April of 2003

The bold script denotes statements made prior to Bush's election to POTUS. George Bush must have been the most powerful Governor of Texas ever to influence all these Democrats, cuz the list goes on and on....

Link

snopes.com: Weapons of Mass Destruction Quotes if you don't like the first site.

Heck it seems like just yesterday I posted this.....oh, it was just yesterday :).

Last edited:
Well we were told by our leader who is not legally allowed to lie that Iraq posed an imminent threat. I assume you said, "I want some documented proof and I need a background check of this 'president' guy." I wanted us to be able to protect our country. That only proves that I am patriotic and believed in Bush. It proves that the American peopel believe that their president would not lie to the about something so serious.

We are still there because there IS a withdrawl date. Pick up a newspaper.

no DUmmie, we are still there cause the Democratic majority lied to their constituents, promised to end the war, and then couldn't find the balls to carry out the promise..

I suppose Clinton lied to us too:

And Gore:

And Kerry:

And Edwards:

And Pelosi before Bush was elected:

And Hillary, you know, Bill's co-president:

And President Clinton's SecDef:

The bold script denotes statements made prior to Bush's election to POTUS. George Bush must have been the most powerful Governor of Texas ever to influence all these Democrats, cuz the list goes on and on....

Link

snopes.com: Weapons of Mass Destruction Quotes if you don't like the first site.

Heck it seems like just yesterday I posted this.....oh, heck, it was just yesterday :).

They were all incorrect in those statments when they assumed Iraw possessed WMD's. SOme were actually stating an opinion that we have to stop them from getting them, rather than saying they already have them.

They were all incorrect in those statments when they assumed Iraw possessed WMD's. SOme were actually stating an opinion that we have to stop them from getting them, rather than saying they already have them.

They didn't assume. Saddam Hussein said he had them. He kicked the inspectors out so they wouldn't find them, remember? Iraq was the victim of Hussein's charade. He wanted everyone to believe he had them. Especially Iran. He said so.

From CNN: Saddam Hussein let the world think he had weapons of mass destruction to intimidate Iran and prevent the country from attacking Iraq, according to an FBI agent who interviewed the dictator after his 2003 capture.

According to a CBS report, Hussein claimed he didn't anticipate that the United States would invade Iraq over WMD, agent George Piro said on "60 Minutes," scheduled for Sunday broadcast.

"For him, it was critical that he was seen as still the strong, defiant Saddam. He thought that (faking having the weapons) would prevent the Iranians from reinvading Iraq," said Piro.

During the nearly seven months Piro talked to Hussein, the agent hinted to the Iraqi that he answered directly to President Bush, CBS said in a posting on its Web site.

"He told me he initially miscalculated ... President Bush's intentions. He thought the United States would retaliate with the same type of attack as we did in 1998 ... a four-day aerial attack," Piro said. "He survived that one and he was willing to accept that type of attack."

"He didn't believe the U.S. would invade?" Correspondent Scott Pelley asked.

"No, not initially," Piro answered.

Link

Nice spin tho, they were merely "incorrect" while of course Bush lied.

How you can construe "more of the very kind of threat Iraq poses now: a rogue state with weapons of mass destruction, ready to use them or provide them to terrorists." from President Clinton or "I am absolutely convinced that there are weapons...I saw evidence back in 1998" from William Cohen in 2003 as an opinion that we have to stop them from getting WMD's is a reach that exceeds any reasonable persons grasp.

Last edited:
They didn't assume ! Saddam Hussein said he had them. He kicked the inspectors out so they wouldn't find them, remember? Iraq was the victim of Hussein's charade.

Nice spin tho, they were merely "incorrect" while of course Bush lied.

How you can construe "more of the very kind of threat Iraq poses now: a rogue state with weapons of mass destruction, ready to use them or provide them to terrorists." from President Clinton or "I am absolutely convinced that there are weapons...I saw evidence back in 1998" from Willian Cohen an opinion that we have to stop them is a reach that exceeds any reasonable persons grasp.

There never was difinitive proof Iraq had anything. Hussein believed we had no right to be there so he kicked us out. When the UN asked Bush for more time he refused. Bush lied because he said he KNEW, leading us to believe it as truth. They never said they had proof, Bush did.

There never was difinitive proof Iraq had anything. Hussein believed we had no right to be there so he kicked us out. When the UN asked Bush for more time he refused. Bush lied because he said he KNEW, leading us to believe it as truth. They never said they had proof, Bush did.

"more of the very kind of threat Iraq poses now: a rogue state with weapons of mass destruction, ready to use them or provide them to terrorists." from President Clinton or "I am absolutely convinced that there are weapons...I saw evidence back in 1998" from Willian Cohen

So what is the difference between Willian Cohen's evidence and George Bush's proof?

And if Bill Clinton says Iraq is a rogue with weapons of mass destruction without proof doesn't that make him a liar too?

Last edited:
"more of the very kind of threat Iraq poses now: a rogue state with weapons of mass destruction, ready to use them or provide them to terrorists." from President Clinton or "I am absolutely convinced that there are weapons...I saw evidence back in 1998" from Willian Cohen

So what is the difference between Willian Cohen's evidence and George Bush's proof?

And if Bill Clinton says Iraq is a rogue with weapons of mass destruction without proof doesn't that make him a liar too?

Just because one man is 'absolutly convinced' does not make it fact.

Here's some more pre-Bush as President quotes.

"(Saddam) will rebuild his arsenal of weapons of mass destruction and some day, some way, I am certain he will use that arsenal again, as he has 10 times since 1983" -- National Security Adviser Sandy Berger, Feb 18, 1998

"Saddam's goal ... is to achieve the lifting of U.N. sanctions while retaining and enhancing Iraq's weapons of mass destruction programs. We cannot, we must not and we will not let him succeed." -- Madeline Albright, 1998

"Iraq is not the only nation in the world to possess weapons of mass destruction, but it is the only nation with a leader who has used them against his own people." -- Tom Daschle in 1998

"Even today, Iraq is not nearly disarmed. Based on highly credible intelligence, UNSCOM [the U.N. weapons inspectors] suspects that Iraq still has biological agents like anthrax, botulinum toxin, and clostridium perfringens in sufficient quantity to fill several dozen bombs and ballistic missile warheads, as well as the means to continue manufacturing these deadly agents. Iraq probably retains several tons of the highly toxic VX substance, as well as sarin nerve gas and mustard gas. This agent is stored in artillery shells, bombs, and ballistic missile warheads. And Iraq retains significant dual-use industrial infrastructure that can be used to rapidly reconstitute large-scale chemical weapons production." -- Ex-Un Weapons Inspector Scott Ritter in 1998

"[W]e urge you, after consulting with Congress, and consistent with the U.S. Constitution and laws, to take necessary actions (including, if appropriate, air and missile strikes on suspect Iraqi sites) to respond effectively to the threat posed by Iraq's refusal to end its weapons of mass destruction programs." -- From a letter signed by Joe Lieberman, Dianne Feinstein, Barbara A. Milulski, Tom Daschle, & John Kerry among others on October 9, 1998

"This December will mark three years since United Nations inspectors last visited Iraq. There is no doubt that since that time, Saddam Hussein has reinvigorated his weapons programs. Reports indicate that biological, chemical and nuclear programs continue apace and may be back to pre-Gulf War status. In addition, Saddam continues to refine delivery systems and is doubtless using the cover of a licit missile program to develop longer- range missiles that will threaten the United States and our allies." -- From a December 6, 2001 letter signed by Bob Graham, Joe Lieberman, Harold Ford, & Tom Lantos among others

So much for that ONE MAN theory.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back