Does anyone have an opinion on the economy?

I already made a thread to figure this out, but it went in a different direction. What do YOU want to see the president do with the economy?

The current President? I thought we already decided to tar and feather him and parade him down Pennsylvania Ave. :confused:

That sounds like a lot more fun to me, than to even consider that he could do anything about the economy. It's too late. He has burned his bridges behind him.

I already made a thread to figure this out, but it went in a different direction. What do YOU want to see the president do with the economy?

Fix this financial mess--without bailing out irresponsible people who knowingly made risky loans. Energy independence. Responsiblity in government & accountability. Having a proven record of working with the other side of the isle to accomplish the above. Smashing pork barrel spending, while keeping taxes low--in order to stimulate the economy.

The only one that fits that description is McCain/Palin.

I'd like to see an end to the bailouts and let the market decide the fate of these companies. This, to me, is preferable to the imminent collapse of the dollar, which is the direction we're currently going in.

This is very true, Kevin.

The american economy seems to be much like a cancer victim facing chemo.

The cure might just as easily kill the patient as the disease.

Do nothing and the patient dies.

Do the treatment and the patient will get sicker, maybe even die from the treatment itself, before the treatment cures the underlying disease you're seeking to cure.

1) lower taxes
2) fewer subsides even to feel good stuff
3)responsible budgeting
4) more domestic energy
5) if a company is too big to fail, it must be chopped into pieces that aren't, so the taxpayer isn't stuck with the bill when it does. (I don't like this, but it seems necessary)
6) accountability in government. I don't know how to achieve this, but I want it badly. Too much we are seeing politicians trying to stick each other with their own bad choices.

1) lower taxes
3)responsible budgeting
4) more domestic energy
5) if a company is too big to fail, it must be chopped into pieces that aren't, so the taxpayer isn't stuck with the bill when it does. (I don't like this, but it seems necessary)
6) accountability in government. I don't know how to achieve this, but I want it badly. Too much we are seeing politicians trying to stick each other with their own bad choices.

Absolutely! we need to send you up there

1) lower taxes

Grand idea. Whose taxes should be lowered and by how much?

Great idea. What shall we cut?

3)responsible budgeting

Show us the plan

4) more domestic energy

Okay. I think most of us agree that we need to find energy where ever we can.

Teddy Roosevelt wouyld be proud of you. Shall we START with the media conglomerates we allowed to develop? That would be my first choice.

We could start by shooting a few of the most egregious examples of pols so corrupted that they accepted bribes.

And while we're at it, shooting the people who bribed them would be a good idea, too, don't you think?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back