Does Anybody Here Live in New York state ?

In the last election, Republican Lee Zeldin almost won the governor race. It was close. This shows that once you take New York City (minus Staten Island) out of the equation, the rest of the state is actually quite conservative.
If they could just do something about those 4 shithole boroughs (Manhattan, the Bronx, Queens, & Brooklyn), the rest of the state would be OK.

With all the people leaving NY I'd have to guess most are conservatives.

I am moving to New York State (someplace close to a VA hospital), and there's a few things I want to find out about. Someone who lives there would know.
I visited up there when I was working for a software company. I've never been to NYC but the little village hospital where we installed our system was beautiful and had really friendly people. It sat close to Lake Ontario If the rest of the state is similar to Medina NY, then I could enjoy living there. It's about a half-hour drive up to Niagara Falls.

I'm not moving there for the politics. I grew up there. I just like the area in the rural, rolling hills. Democrats havent destroyed the beauty there.
I'm an Alabama native and I was surprised by the friendliness of the locals in that small village (Medina). The natural beauty was amazing. I think these blue states don't deserve quite as bad a rap as they get. The rural and semi-rural areas in this country share a lot of similarities. Small-town people just get along better than the mass urban areas.

Forum List

Back