Does a liberal have the IQ to understand how Republican capitalist health care.....

Does a liberal have the IQ to understand how Republican capitalist health care.....would work???

Patients would be spending their own money so the incentive to decrease costs would increase 1000%

Providers would be competing on price and quality to survive. This would decrease costs another 1000%

It would save every American about $5000 a year.

Ah, yes - the free market. How has that been workin' for ya so far when it comes to health care?

I believe that the free market works fine until it comes to necessities and then the free market concept begins to be supplanted by another and more powerful driving force - greed. Health care is, realistically, a necessity. Ah, but there is more than one health care provider, I hear you cry. They will compete against each other for business and offer health care at lower rates as an incentive to get business. I have two words for that one: price fixing.

Last edited:
Does a liberal have the IQ to understand how Republican capitalist health care.....would work???

Patients would be spending their own money so the incentive to decrease costs would increase 1000%

Providers would be competing on price and quality to survive. This would decrease costs another 1000%

It would save every American about $5000 a year.

and what about insurance industry profit? ANd wouldn't republican health care encourage insurance companies to dump folks with illnesses in order to further maximize their profits?

just curious.

and how big of an IQ do you need to understand that it is impossible to decrease costs by 1000%?

Last edited:
and what about insurance industry profit?

in a capitalist system where competition is allowed competition forces profits to $0 so it is not an issue. Econ 101!!

ANd wouldn't republican health care encourage insurance companies to dump folks with illnesses in order to further maximize their profits?
just curious.

no they would be the best customers because they need the most product. It would be like someone needed a Rolls Royce. THe more products someone needs the more capitalists like him!!

and how big of an IQ do you need to understand that it is impossible to decrease costs by 1000%?

dear, was not speaking literally!! One needs a certain IQ to figure that out!

and what about insurance industry profit?

in a capitalist system where competition is allowed competition forces profits to $0 so it is not an issue. Econ 101!!

When insurance companies are an unnecessary middle man in the healthcare delivery system, their mere existence creates an additional layer of cost.

And wouldn't republican health care encourage insurance companies to dump folks with illnesses in order to further maximize their profits?
just curious.

no they would be the best customers because they need the most product. It would be like someone needed a Rolls Royce. THe more products someone needs the more capitalists like him!!

Are you serious? Do you know how insurance companies work? Do you understand the concept of pooled risk? Are you suggesting that insurance companies would find the sickest people to be their best customers? Why? Because they inordinately consumed more and more of their margin that they would normally extract from the risk pool? I think you didn't finish Econ 101 and should probably log off the internet and get back to studying. Finals are coming up soon.

dear, was not speaking literally!! One needs a certain IQ to figure that out!

Oh... so you expect to pull some ridiculous rhetorical number out of your butt and think that anyone is going to take you seriously? If you've got some data that would indicate the percentage of cost savings - IF ANY - that any of your ideas might generate, why not present them and the analysis behind them so we can discuss them? (although I think we both know the answer to THAT one!)

When insurance companies are an unnecessary middle man in the healthcare delivery system, their mere existence creates an additional layer of cost.

too stupid!! all industries have many layers of middle men from raw material to store shelf. Competition drives profit to $0. As a liberal you lack the IQ to understand capitalism which explains why you tried to change the subject!!

Are you suggesting that insurance companies would find the sickest people to be their best customers? Why?

I did tell you why but you lacked the IQ to understand so you changed the subject rather than face your ignorance. A very sick person is like a Rolls Royce buyer. They need the most product so the insurance companies will seek them out because they will pay the highest prices for the best products!!

Why not get your Mom to explain the basics of capitalism to you??

If you've got some data that would indicate the percentage of cost savings - IF ANY - that any of your ideas might generate, why not present them and the analysis behind them so we can discuss them?

dear, are you crazy??? Look at Communist China, when they were liberal communist no one could afford anything and millions were starving to death, now they have capitalism and everything is virtually free and available and everyone is getting rich!!

Are you suggesting that insurance companies would find the sickest people to be their best customers? Why?

I did tell you why but you lacked the IQ to understand so you changed the subject rather than face your ignorance. A very sick person is like a Rolls Royce buyer. They need the most product so the insurance companies will seek them out because they will pay the highest prices for the best products!!

What???

I asked my mom. She said you're not making any fucking sense.

What???

Dear, try to put into words why it doesn't make sense to you?

Do you understand that if a man wants a huge house or great car or great health care, business will happily fill that need???

If you've got some data that would indicate the percentage of cost savings - IF ANY - that any of your ideas might generate, why not present them and the analysis behind them so we can discuss them?

dear, are you crazy??? Look at Communist China, when they were liberal communist no one could afford anything and millions were starving to death, now they have capitalism and everything is virtually free and available and everyone is getting rich!!

so... you got nothing but smoke? got it.

dear, China is a real country!! Have you heard of it??

clearly, you have zero idea what the nature of the "product" is that insurance companies sell.

dear, China is a real country!! Have you heard of it??

again... show some data where your ideas will save every american $5000 a year (your number... or was that total bullshit like the 1000% cost savings was?) You got a lot of rhetoric that sheds much heat, but not much light. I'll wait.

What???

Dear, try to put into words why it doesn't make sense to you?

Do you understand that if a man wants a huge house or great car or great health care, business will happily fill that need???

Yes, I do. Do you understand that insurance companies don't make money from sick customers? They make money from people who don't actually use their insurance. Every insurance companies has a strong incentive to minimize the sickest of people from their pool and maximize the number of paying customers who are least likely to need health care.

Yes, I do. Do you understand that insurance companies don't make money from sick customers?

dear, if no one got sick there would be no insurance companies!!!! Can't you ask your Mom about these basics?????

It's always such a dilemma talking to you. Nominally, you're often on my 'side'. But damn, get some brains. Or maybe just don't type as much. Something...

Yes, I do. Do you understand that insurance companies don't make money from sick customers?

dear, if no one got sick there would be no insurance companies!!!! Can't you ask your Mom about these basics?????

It's always such a dilemma talking to you. Nominally, you're often on my 'side'. But damn, get some brains. Or maybe just don't type as much. Something...

do you think insurance companies could make money if no one ever got sick?? How??

Remember the typical human beings who followed HItler Stalin and Mao thought they were smart too. So did our liberals when they spied for Stalin.

And if everyone got sick, the insurance companies would go bankrupt... and if insurance companies only had sick clients, everyone would quickly figure out that self insuring made more sense. you're kind of an idiot... but part of me thinks you're just goofin'

Forum List

Back