Dodd to announce retirement tomorrow

I guess this is why he didn't take over as chairman of HELP after Kennedy died.

Pretty much. The writing has been on the wall for awhile. His buddy Harry Reid will be joining him by this time next year with any luck.

You know, in the scheme of things, that's probably not a bad thing. Reid is horribly ineffective as majority leader. He seems more intent on making the Democratic caucus seem like a cool party than actually governing.

Reid was in the movie Traffic. Maybe when he is no longer majority leader, he can go back to acting. :lol:

Pretty much. The writing has been on the wall for awhile. His buddy Harry Reid will be joining him by this time next year with any luck.

You know, in the scheme of things, that's probably not a bad thing. Reid is horribly ineffective as majority leader. He seems more intent on making the Democratic caucus seem like a cool party than actually governing.

I'm pretty sure Reid is done. I just can't see him retaining his seat this time around. Pelosi, on the other hand, well... I'm convinced you could drive a stake through her heart and she would still rise.

Last edited:

I'm pretty sure Reid is done. I just can't see him retaining his seat this time around. Pelosi, on the other hand, well... I'm convinced you could drive a stake through her heart and she would still rise.

You can't kill the boogeywoman.

A list of Dems who need to go (no specific order though the top ones specifically):

Harry Reid
Nancy Pelosi
Chris Dodd
Charles Rangel
Joe Lieberman (Though he is an Independent)
Barbara Boxer

Those are the ones off the top of my head. But thinking about it, I could think of probably many more who need to go for the Democratic Party to finally rebuild itself.

Reid sucks.

I think you're thinking of Michael Steele. :lol:

You down with GOP? :eusa_whistle:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULSWCwzQu9I[/ame]

As for Reid though, he sucks. I wouldn't rely on the man to take out my garbage correctly.

[ame="http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJOZp2ZftCw"]http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJOZp2ZftCw[/ame]

A list of Dems who need to go (no specific order though the top ones specifically):

Harry Reid
Nancy Pelosi
Chris Dodd
Charles Rangel
Joe Lieberman (Though he is an Independent)
Barbara Boxer

Those are the ones off the top of my head. But thinking about it, I could think of probably many more who need to go for the Democratic Party to finally rebuild itself.

I would agree with all of those with the exception of Lieberman, and I'm not sure why. I know he pissed off a lot of Dems, then he chose the politically expedient route of switching parties when the Dems abandoned him, but there's something... I don't know... And the fact that he was re-elected as an Independent...

He obviously has know issue with pissing on either party...

I kind of trust the guy.

I know, it sounds stupid.

I need to think about this some more...

I would agree with all of those with the exception of Lieberman, and I'm not sure why. I know he pissed off a lot of Dems, then he chose the politically expedient route of switching parties when the Dems abandoned him, but there's something... I don't know... And the fact that he was re-elected as an Independent...

He obviously has know issue with pissing on either party...

I kind of trust the guy.

I know, it sounds stupid.

I need to think about this some more...

Lieberman won reelection because the Republicans had no real candidate. So the Republicans in CT voted for Joe (who lost in a close race in the primary) instead of the more Liberal Anti-War candidate.

Edit: This is guy that ran for the GOP in the 2006 election against Joe and Ned.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Schlesinger

The Republicans supported Joe more than him as it can be clearly seen. Joe won't be so lucky to win next time.

Last edited:
I agree that the Democrats have a better chance at keeping that seat without Dodd running, though I'd still like to see Peter Schiff take the Republican nomination.

I agree that the Democrats have a better chance at keeping that seat without Dodd running, though I'd still like to see Peter Schiff take the Republican nomination.

Outside of his economic views, can you tell me his domestic views? It'd be best to know a candidate's complete views before supporting them. And support for Ron Paul does not count Kevin. :lol:

Outside of his economic views, can you tell me his domestic views? It'd be best to know a candidate's complete views before supporting them. And support for Ron Paul does not count Kevin. :lol:

He's a bit more hawkish on foreign policy than I like, so he's certainly not my ideal candidate. But his domestic policy is fine, and that pretty much all ties in with economics. I'm not sure why you'd think I support him just because I support Ron Paul, without actually knowing where he is on the issues.

He's a bit more hawkish on foreign policy than I like, so he's certainly not my ideal candidate. But his domestic policy is fine, and that pretty much all ties in with economics. I'm not sure why you'd think I support him just because I support Ron Paul, without actually knowing where he is on the issues.

It's called a joke Kevin. :lol:

And what do you consider "fine" for domestic policy? Just curious.

It's called a joke Kevin. :lol:

And what do you consider "fine" for domestic policy? Just curious.

I'm not very good at detecting online sarcasm.

At any rate, "fine" would mean that I agree with it. Since Schiff and I both support a free market, it's not difficult to see that we'd be in sync on domestic issues since they all pretty have an economic base. But like I said, it's his foreign policy that I have some issues with.

Another one sees the iceberg and jumps from the USS 0bama...

Couldn't agree more.

From what I have heard on the news Dorgan and some other Dem aren't going to try for re-election either. These guys can see the writing on that damned big wall and are jumping off the Obama ship big time, taking their golden parachutes with em.

I'm pissed that Dodd won't be running.

Now I can't vote the corrupt motherfucker out

Reid sucks.

Reid does suck but I can't see Nevadans voting out a majority leader and putting in someone who has no experience. It doesn't seem good for their state.

Dodd is no worse ethically than Charlie Rangel, this is about Dems facing the loss of hundreds of seats in the Congress

Forum List

Back