DoD pick may be very wrong

JakeStarkey

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2009
He is said to have left men to die on battlefield.

Trump's Defense pick accused of leaving 'men to die' on battlefield of Afghanistan

A former Army Special Forces officer is accusing retired Marine General James Mattis, President-elect Donald Trump's pick to be defense secretary, of "leaving my men to die" after they were hit by friendly fire in Afghanistan in 2001.

Mattis has not commented publicly on the incident, which was chronicled in a 2011 New York Times bestselling book, "The Only Thing Worthy Dying For," by Eric Blehm, which portrays Mattis as stubbornly unwilling to help the Green Berets.

Trump's Defense pick accused of leaving 'men to die' on battlefield of Afghanistan

A former Army Special Forces officer is accusing retired Marine General James Mattis, President-elect Donald Trump's pick to be defense secretary, of "leaving my men to die" after they were hit by friendly fire in Afghanistan in 2001.

Mattis has not commented publicly on the incident, which was chronicled in a 2011 New York Times bestselling book, "The Only Thing Worthy Dying For," by Eric Blehm, which portrays Mattis as stubbornly unwilling to help the Green Berets.

You claiming that he is like Hillary and Obama?

• Banned

So you are fine with a man like HRC and Obama. So you are fine on carrying on the Obama way. You are an Obama type of guy, yes.

So you are fine with a man like HRC and Obama. So you are fine on carrying on the Obama way. You are an Obama type of guy, yes.

I didn't start your obviously butt hurt OP.

• Banned

So you support Obama's way. You want a DoD who leaves warriors to die on the battle field. But I should have know that about you.

So you support Obama's way. You want a DoD who leaves warriors to die on the battle field. But I should have know that about you.

Actually Jake, my CO called friendly fire in on our position at Dak To when the 24th NVA overrun our position and were wiping us out. That's what a real CO does.

The point was you didn't complain when the left allowed it. Whether that is a bigger point than your head, we really are not sure.

Jake wrote: He is said to have left men to die on battlefield.

Prob'ly some o' dat fake news...

... dat's been goin' around.

FFS Fakey, stop with all the whining. It was cute at first but now it's getting tedious.

Dunno about him leaving men on the battlefield to die, but I DO know that confirming Mattis is gonna be hard, because he has to have at least 60 votes to get confirmed due to his needing a waiver.

Why does he need a waiver? Military personnel are prohibited from leading Defense posts until after 7 years of retirement or discharge. Mattis has only 4, meaning he's going to need a waiver, and because of the waiver, he also has to get confirmed by 60 votes or more.

The point was you didn't complain when the left allowed it. Whether that is a bigger point than your head, we really are not sure.

'...when left allowed it...'

Thank you for finally admitting Hillary and Barry ALLOWED Ambassador Stephens & 3 Americans to die.

They were murdeted by the terrorists Hillsry and Barry armed. They died NEEDLESSLY.

And while it was going on Hillary disappeared, hiding and plotting how they were going to save their asses by blaming a video.

Maybe the least problematic appointment Trump has made in spite of him needing a waiver to hold federal office.

Dunno about him leaving men on the battlefield to die, but I DO know that confirming Mattis is gonna be hard, because he has to have at least 60 votes to get confirmed due to his needing a waiver.

Why does he need a waiver? Military personnel are prohibited from leading Defense posts until after 7 years of retirement or discharge. Mattis has only 4, meaning he's going to need a waiver, and because of the waiver, he also has to get confirmed by 60 votes or more.

Then would you not assume that if he fails to secure the necessary votes, he will simply appoint someone else?

Maybe the least problematic appointment Trump has made in spite of him needing a waiver to hold federal office.

Wrong.................this is the ONLY appointment that the Dems could block if they wanted to. And, given his past, they are going to have a long hearing on his confirmation.

Then would you not assume that if he fails to secure the necessary votes, he will simply appoint someone else?

Didn't say anything other than he needs a waiver due to only being 4 years out of the service, and because of that, he needs to get 60 votes instead of the normal 50.

This is the only appointment so far that Dems could block if they wanted.

If Fakey is spooked, we already know it's a good pick.

Seriously though, seems like most people I work with are happy about the pick.

Why is it, every time you hammer someone, they come out on the winning side of life?

Think I'll withhold judgment until I hear the rest of the story.

Why is it, every time you hammer someone, they come out on the winning side of life?
Very rarely does that happen. Your post is not one of those times, ty.

Forum List

Back