DoD pick may be very wrong

Maybe the least problematic appointment Trump has made in spite of him needing a waiver to hold federal office.

Wrong.................this is the ONLY appointment that the Dems could block if they wanted to. And, given his past, they are going to have a long hearing on his confirmation.
I meant that he alone out of all of them is somewhat qualified and not likely to be a toady. Unless something horrible comes out I feel his confirmation will be fairly uncontested. I fully expected Trump to pick a careless warhawk defense industry executive to the position.

So you are fine with a man like HRC and Obama. So you are fine on carrying on the Obama way. You are an Obama type of guy, yes.

HRC is a man? I knew she liked to gump bush but I didn't know she had junk....where did they buy Chelsea?

So you are fine with a man like HRC and Obama. So you are fine on carrying on the Obama way. You are an Obama type of guy, yes.

HRC is a man? I knew she liked to gump bush but I didn't know she had junk....where did they buy Chelsea?
And you don't read well, either.

You support the type of candidate that you say Obama and Clinton would pick.

You are pathetic.

You are pathetic.

So you're terrified of a General who's a warrior instead of a politician like Petraeus? Kind of odd for a "middle of the road Republican" like you, Flake.

You are pathetic.

So you're terrified of a General who's a warrior instead of a politician like Petraeus? Kind of odd for a "middle of the road Republican" like you, Flake.
Those are your silly word, tommy, not mine. Both were good generals, but both are flawed to the point that they can't serve in the position. Yes, any good GOP can see that. One leaked information and was convicted for it, and the other left people to die in the field. Both are your type of guys.

I'm surprised the liberal found something to complain about.

"Republican Lincoln freed the slaves." Opponent's response, "He fucked over the south and hundreds of thousands died".

Dunno about him leaving men on the battlefield to die, but I DO know that confirming Mattis is gonna be hard, because he has to have at least 60 votes to get confirmed due to his needing a waiver.

That's where the nuclear option applies. Meaning his confirmation will be a breeze. Any vote that requires 60 can be whittled down to 51 with the flick of a pen. And I assume it can be triggered for special legislation, too.

Ouch, the next four years is going to suck for you.

Last edited:
Maybe the least problematic appointment Trump has made in spite of him needing a waiver to hold federal office.

Wrong.................this is the ONLY appointment that the Dems could block if they wanted to. And, given his past, they are going to have a long hearing on his confirmation.
I meant that he alone out of all of them is somewhat qualified and not likely to be a toady. Unless something horrible comes out I feel his confirmation will be fairly uncontested. I fully expected Trump to pick a careless warhawk defense industry executive to the position.
So you think the people in chosen by Obama to run his administration weren't toadies?

Really?

He is said to have left men to die on battlefield.

Trump's Defense pick accused of leaving 'men to die' on battlefield of Afghanistan

A former Army Special Forces officer is accusing retired Marine General James Mattis, President-elect Donald Trump's pick to be defense secretary, of "leaving my men to die" after they were hit by friendly fire in Afghanistan in 2001.

Mattis has not commented publicly on the incident, which was chronicled in a 2011 New York Times bestselling book, "The Only Thing Worthy Dying For," by Eric Blehm, which portrays Mattis as stubbornly unwilling to help the Green Berets.
You claiming that he is like Hillary and Obama?

I didn't start your obviously butt hurt OP.
So you support Obama's way. You want a DoD who leaves warriors to die on the battle field. But I should have know that about you.

Actually Jake, my CO called friendly fire in on our position at Dak To when the 24th NVA overrun our position and were wiping us out. That's what a real CO does.
Who is going to explain that to Jake? When Jake hears "friendly fire", she thinks of toasting marshmallows.

So you support Obama's way. You want a DoD who leaves warriors to die on the battle field. But I should have know that about you.

Actually Jake, my CO called friendly fire in on our position at Dak To when the 24th NVA overrun our position and were wiping us out. That's what a real CO does.
Who is going to explain that to Jake? When Jake hears "friendly fire", she thinks of toasting marshmallows.

That's what happens when you're in the campfire girls :rolleyes:

The Army accuses the Marines of "leaving men to die"? That's a switch from every freaking conflict in the bloody 20th century. You gotta love a President (president elect) who would appoint a Marine with a nickname "mad dog" to the top position in the Defense Dept at a time of hyper political correctness. The inside story is that every democrat regime since WW2 left the Military under the command of the freaking CIA. How did Vietnam work out? It's no secret that the Obama administration left the Military commanders on the sidelines and put the Mid East conflicts under the command of idiots in the CIA. It's about time a president with a set of balls appoints a defense secretary with a set of balls. Hooah.

And the CO should not be DoD. And I have 100% medical care at the VA. :lol:

I voted for McMullin, Flash, whitehall, and gassygirl voted for Trump, who wants to appoint people who did the same things they accused Obama of doing.

They are no different than Obama.

I voted for McMullin, Flash, whitehall, and gassygirl voted for Trump, who wants to appoint people who did the same things they accused Obama of doing.

Our guy won..:) :banana:

He did. And he is going to appoint the type of people you condemned Obama and Hillary for.

So you all are for Obama, Clinton, and Trump.

I voted for McMullin.

He did. And he is going to appoint the type of people you condemned Obama and Hillary for.

I voted for McMullin.

I don't care who you voted for. I don't know why you keep typing that anyway, Trump won, it's over, you all lost, we won. Game, set, match. Oh and .....:banana:

He is said to have left men to die on battlefield.

Trump's Defense pick accused of leaving 'men to die' on battlefield of Afghanistan

A former Army Special Forces officer is accusing retired Marine General James Mattis, President-elect Donald Trump's pick to be defense secretary, of "leaving my men to die" after they were hit by friendly fire in Afghanistan in 2001.

Mattis has not commented publicly on the incident, which was chronicled in a 2011 New York Times bestselling book, "The Only Thing Worthy Dying For," by Eric Blehm, which portrays Mattis as stubbornly unwilling to help the Green Berets.
A correction observation is a correct observation. You are butt hurt because I pointed out that your kind likes the type of people Obama and Clinton appointed.

I voted for McMullin.

I don't care who you voted for. I don't know why you keep typing that anyway, Trump won, it's over, you all lost, we won. Game, set, match. Oh and .....:banana:
We all agree you won.

And he got eleven million less votes than the opposition.

He is going to get the same chance from his opposition that did Obama's give him: none.

You are butt hurt because you can see the immense butt hurt coming for you and your ilk.

Forum List

Back