Doctor Who: The woman who fell to Earth

who said i did not know that?....let me ask you something....has the doctor always been a male Gallifreyan?....

The Master had always been a male Gallifreyan until she became "Missy".

View attachment 222899
you mean until HE became her?....and are we talking about a once in a while character or the main guy?.....

So are you saying that if it’s not the Doctor, it doesn’t count? The Master is on equal footing with the Doctor.

who said i did not know that?....let me ask you something....has the doctor always been a male Gallifreyan?....

The Master had always been a male Gallifreyan until she became "Missy".

View attachment 222899
you mean until HE became her?....and are we talking about a once in a while character or the main guy?.....

So are you saying that if it’s not the Doctor, it doesn’t count? The Master is on equal footing with the Doctor.
is he?....how come the Doctor always bests him?......the Doctor is considered a genius by Gallifreyan standards........

I liked Capaldi. I gather I’m in the minority.

I hope to see Missy again.

I don't think we are going to, at least not played by Michelle Gomez. I think it is likely another version of Missy/The Master will show up. Yeah, I know they "killed" her in her last appearance, but by my count the Master has been "killed' about a dozen times. Gomez, however, has said she's done with the role.

I like Capaldi, but I think he wasn't really what the fans were used to. He played the Doctor as a crotchety older guy, like Hartnell or Pertwee, which is what he grew up with. The fans were used to a younger more dynamic Doctor like Smith or Tennant.

I think the Master is more than a "Once in a while Character".

is he?....how come the Doctor always bests him?......the Doctor is considered a genius by Gallifreyan standards........

Which is why the Character was introduced back in the Pertwee era, to be a match for the Doctor. But wow, a show where the good guy bests the bad guy? That's just unheard of.

Here was the thing, they turned the Master into a chick and it was probably the best interpretation of the character since Roger Delgado.

Which is why the Character was introduced back in the Pertwee era, to be a match for the Doctor. But wow, a show where the good guy bests the bad guy? That's just unheard of.

Here was the thing, they turned the Master into a chick and it was probably the best interpretation of the character since Roger Delgado.
out of the the 800 plus episodes the master has appeared in 38 stories which is 103 episodes...so yes he was a once in a while character...
a show where the good guy bests the bad guy? That's just unheard of.
someone commented that the Master was an equal to the Doctor Joe....if he was im sure he would have beaten the Doctor once or twice....in one of the 4th Doctor novels that went back to their days at the Time Lord Academy the Master told Romana that the Doctor is more clever than any of us,meaning he and Romana,the Monk,the Rani and the War Chief....they were all in the same class...

out of the the 800 plus episodes the master has appeared in 38 stories which is 103 episodes...so yes he was a once in a while character...

I guess you can make that stretch... The issue is quality of appearances, not quantity.

someone commented that the Master was an equal to the Doctor Joe....if he was im sure he would have beaten the Doctor once or twice....in one of the 4th Doctor novels that went back to their days at the Time Lord Academy the Master told Romana that the Doctor is more clever than any of us,meaning he and Romana,the Monk,the Rani and the War Chief....they were all in the same class...

Are novels "canon". I'll go with what Twelve said to Missy in

"I am not a good man, and I'm not a bad man. I am not a hero and I'm definitely not a president and no I'm not an officer. You know what I am? I am an idiot, with a box and a screwdriver, just passing through, helping out, learning. I don't need an army, I never have, because I've got them, always them, because love is not an emotion, love is a promise."

What gives the Doctor the advantage over the Master is his companions.

I guess you can make that stretch... The issue is quality of appearances, not quantity.

Are novels "canon". I'll go with what Twelve said to Missy in

"I am not a good man, and I'm not a bad man. I am not a hero and I'm definitely not a president and no I'm not an officer. You know what I am? I am an idiot, with a box and a screwdriver, just passing through, helping out, learning. I don't need an army, I never have, because I've got them, always them, because love is not an emotion, love is a promise."

What gives the Doctor the advantage over the Master is his companions.

many of the early novels were written by some of the shows writers...and many of them expound on the things only mentioned in the shows....especially the Doctors early history....

many of the early novels were written by some of the shows writers...and many of them expound on the things only mentioned in the shows....especially the Doctors early history....

I've read some of those novels, they weren't very good, and probably not canon. I'll go with what's in the show.
yea they were not very good joe.....you said the same thing about the Star Trek novels.....its funny how the fans of both shows who actually do read the novels have overwhelmingly said the novels were better and more imaginative then most of the episodes of the shows....for such shitty books they seem to have sold pretty dam good over the years and have won quite a few Scify writing awards.....the BBC has never made a pronouncement about what is and what is not Canon for the show....Steven Moffat at the San Diego Comic-Con when asked about the Novels said that they are an equally valid continuity for the show since some of the writers have written episodes for the show....so stick with the show joe....

yea they were not very good joe.....you said the same thing about the Star Trek novels.....its funny how the fans of both shows who actually do read the novels have overwhelmingly said the novels were better and more imaginative then most of the episodes of the shows...

Only a moron would say that.

Here's the problem with a lot of these Schlock Novelizations...The characters don't change. The hallmark of a good story is how the events of the story changed the character. The Corporate Approved Novels are the exact opposite of that.

As far as what sells... crap usually sells...

yea they were not very good joe.....you said the same thing about the Star Trek novels.....its funny how the fans of both shows who actually do read the novels have overwhelmingly said the novels were better and more imaginative then most of the episodes of the shows...

Only a moron would say that.

Here's the problem with a lot of these Schlock Novelizations...The characters don't change. The hallmark of a good story is how the events of the story changed the character. The Corporate Approved Novels are the exact opposite of that.

As far as what sells... crap usually sells...
only a moron would say what you said joe...and the characters change as much as they do on the shows,you would know that if you actually read any of these things....so here is the real problem....you have never read any of these novels....so quit telling me you have....

only a moron would say what you said joe...and the characters change as much as they do on the shows,you would know that if you actually read any of these things....so here is the real problem....you have never read any of these novels....so quit telling me you have....

Okay, guy, whatever... The thing is, I've actually read good SF novels... Heinlein, Asimov, etc...

These corporate approved knockoffs don't compare.

Okay, guy, whatever... The thing is, I've actually read good SF novels... Heinlein, Asimov, etc...

These corporate approved knockoffs don't compare.
in other words you never read any like i have been saying.....its hard to give an intelligent reply to something you have never experienced...

n other words you never read any like i have been saying.....its hard to give an intelligent reply to something you have never experienced...

No, I have and they are crap. What I do remember was the one that was based on the second Tom Baker Dalek story, where they try to explain away why Romana changed her appearance about six times. It really wasn't a good explanation.

n other words you never read any like i have been saying.....its hard to give an intelligent reply to something you have never experienced...

No, I have and they are crap. What I do remember was the one that was based on the second Tom Baker Dalek story, where they try to explain away why Romana changed her appearance about six times. It really wasn't a good explanation.
sure joe people just kept on reading them because they were crap and that novel your describing was not a novel but the 1st episode of the 4th Doctors 6th season "Destiny of the Daleks"...it was a script written by Carrie Nation but was changed around by Douglas Adams who was trying to treat regeneration humorlessly .....so the so called novels you read were the TV adaptations in novel form....try reading an original one....

sure joe people just kept on reading them because they were crap and that novel your describing was not a novel but the 1st episode of the 4th Doctors 6th season "Destiny of the Daleks"...it was a script written by Carrie Nation but was changed around by Douglas Adams who was trying to treat regeneration humorlessly .....so the so called novels you read were the TV adaptations in novel form....try reading an original one....
First, I work 80 hour a week on my business, so when I have time to read, I won't waste it on fluff.

Second, yes, the explanation they gave was pretty lame for that scene... that was my point.

First, I work 80 hour a week on my business, so when I have time to read, I won't waste it on fluff.

Second, yes, the explanation they gave was pretty lame for that scene... that was my point.
if you thought the novelizations of the tv episodes were shit joe,the question i have to ask is....why do you watch the show?....the novelizations are the episodes in book form....you must think the show aint that great then.....

Forum List

Back