Doctor Who: The woman who fell to Earth

Way too slender for my taste....

but the Bobby uniform she was wearing when the Dr first met her...

th

the ratings were already down joe.....lets see how many people feel like you do....lots tuned in for her first episode,lets see how many stick around....

The question is how it does in the UK, not necessarily World Wide.

What I found interesting in the week leading up to the premeire, they reran all the Tennant and Matt Smith episodes, but none of the Capaldi episodes..
if it doesnt do good world wide its effectively a dead show....

if it doesnt do good world wide its effectively a dead show....

Not really. The BBC has never really cared that much about how it does World Wide.

Have you ever watched the rest of the programming on BBC America?

It's mostly reruns of American SF Shows and movies.
sure joe,im sure thats it....that show has made them a lot of money because it went world wide, im sure they want it to be just a local show again.....

sure joe,im sure thats it....that show has made them a lot of money because it went world wide, im sure they want it to be just a local show again.....

Again, the reason why it was cancelled in 1989 was because it had lousy ratings in the UK, not that it was doing well in the rest of the world.

IN the UK, The Woman who Fell to Earth got the best ratings for a season premiere since David Tennant.

Again, the reason why it was cancelled in 1989 was because it had lousy ratings in the UK, not that it was doing well in the rest of the world.

IN the UK, The Woman who Fell to Earth got the best ratings for a season premiere since David Tennant.
it wasnt doing well anywhere....and many of those people who tuned in just wanted to see how good or bad it was....the first show means shit,i thought you would have figured that out by yourself joe....its the next ones that count and how many people stick with it....

it wasnt doing well anywhere....and many of those people who tuned in just wanted to see how good or bad it was....the first show means shit,i thought you would have figured that out by yourself joe....its the next ones that count and how many people stick with it.

89 it still had a pretty big worldwide cult following, but the BBC canceled it because it's UK Ratings were poor. There was enough of a cult following still by 1996 where Fox tried that TV movie with Paul McGann...

it wasnt doing well anywhere....and many of those people who tuned in just wanted to see how good or bad it was....the first show means shit,i thought you would have figured that out by yourself joe....its the next ones that count and how many people stick with it.

89 it still had a pretty big worldwide cult following, but the BBC canceled it because it's UK Ratings were poor. There was enough of a cult following still by 1996 where Fox tried that TV movie with Paul McGann...
not what i read joe....here is the guy who cancelled it....." The BBC General Director at the time, Michael Grade, defended his decision for canceling the series. “I cancelled it. It was absolutely the right decision at the time ... The show was ghastly. It was pathetic ... It lost its way.”......i dont agree with him,but thats why he canceled it.....

i dont know if i can handle a 2,000 year old guy trapped in a womans body...

The Doctor is not human.
are you serious?........
Have you ever watched the show?

Sent from my SM-J727VPP using Tapatalk
how the fuck would i know the guy is 2,000 years old if i have never watched the show?...have you ever been in any of the other Doctor threads here?...if you have you might learn something about those you post with...

The Doctor is not human.
are you serious?........

how the fuck would i know the guy is 2,000 years old if i have never watched the show?...have you ever been in any of the other Doctor threads here?...if you have you might learn something about those you post with...
How can you not know the Doctor is an alien?

The Doctor is not human.
are you serious?........

How can you not know the Doctor is an alien?

who said i did not know that?....let me ask you something....has the doctor always been a male Gallifreyan?....

So we got our first full episode with Jody Whittaker as the Thirteenth Doctor.

I thought the story was mostly okay. It had most of the elements you would expect in an episode that introduced a new Doctor and new companions - three of them this time. Whittaker played the role pretty well.

Not a whole lot was made of the fact that the Doctor is a woman now...

That new costume! Ugh. But I've seen worse.

Anyone else watch it?

I liked it well enough. My sister LOVES the new Doctor. Shouldn't have any trouble getting her to tune in every week!

Forum List

Back