Docket 02-278 Ringless VoiceMail Messages on your cell phone

BasicHumanUnit

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2013
Everywhere needed
Docket 02-278 is an FCC initiative to get public feedback regarding RINGLESS VOICE MESSAGES on consumer cellphones.

ECFS

The FCC states that it will "consider" this when and if they make a ruling on whether or not the FCC will make it illegal to send Ringless Voice Messages to consumers.

Here's the base of the matter......
New technology now exists that allows practically anyone to send you voice mails directly to your phone, without ever ringing your phone number. This means that whether you like it or not, you will receive Voice Messages that could be legitimate, or could be unsolicited spam advertising.

Yesterday, I got my first such Voice Message. It contained some guy hawking his guaranteed system to make up to $7,000 per week. All you had to do is invest a few hundred dollars in his easy to follow 5 step course.
So obviously, this loophole will allow a TON of nefarious non solicited contact with millions of consumers.

You cannot block it, because it is not a call.The bad guys LOVE IT.

BTW, I am on the National Do Not Call List.

But here's the part that you should be most concerned about......
At the FCC website where comments are being taken, the VAST MAJORITY of comments left are from firms wanting the FCC to NOT regulate this technology, but instead leave it so that you have no defense against an onslaught of ruthless scammers who have found a loop hole to get past the system once again.

I did not find ANY comments from the public opposing the technology. People are too busy to take the time to govern themselves and get involved, and this opens the door for bad guys every time. Remember, all that is required for evil men to prevail is for good men to do nothing.

There is a war being waged against common decency and common sense and The People are losing this battle because they simply are not willing to take the time to steer their own lives and pay attention to the forces of evil working against them.

Until people in general learn this lesson (will they ever?), bad things and bad times will continue to plague otherwise good people.

If you are unethical and want to get rich quick and easy.......

Just concoct a scheme where small sums of money is automatically deducted from millions of peoples accounts and they need to take some (any) action to get it back that requires more than 5 seconds.

You will end up keeping nearly all that money.

It's why REBATES are such a great deal for companies. They know the response rate is VERY low.

It's why many companies LOVE selling gift cards that expire. Free money.

People = Sheeple = easily manipulated and taken advantage of

Last edited:

Forum List

Back