Do you value your politics more than your relationships?

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
I see so many die hards here. I consider MAC a "friend" and I have several die hard liberal friends but my passion for POLITICS would never interfere with real friendship or my zest for life.

Making fun of you dumbasses is just gravy. If you were on the right you'd be thanking my post. Sadly you are not so just pound the keyboard, suck the fuck out of that binkie and for gods sake wait for the all clear before you exit your safe space....pound that play doh a bit longer my friend.

I see so many die hards here. I consider MAC a "friend" and I have several die hard liberal friends but my passion for POLITICS would never interfere with real friendship or my zest for life.

Making fun of you dumbasses is just gravy. If you were on the right you'd be thanking my post. Sadly you are not so just pound the keyboard, suck the fuck out of that binkie and for gods sake wait for the all clear before you exit your safe space....pound that play doh a bit longer my friend.
It's gotten stranger with time, and it's really been exacerbated by social media. I have a few friends who became Facebook friends, and holy crap, they completely lost their shit. Come within 50 miles of saying something they don't like and they go nuts, writing long essays, "unfriending" you in a big flourish, or both.

Seems like more and more people are tying their self esteem to their politics, and maybe their self esteem is a higher priority than their relationships. Not very fun to watch.

• Banned

It's gotten stranger with time, and it's really been exacerbated by social media. I have a few friends who became Facebook friends, and holy crap, they completely lost their shit. Come within 50 miles of saying something they don't like and they go nuts, writing long essays, "unfriending" you in a big flourish, or both.

Seems like more and more people are tying their self esteem to their politics, and maybe their self esteem is a higher priority than their relationships. Not very fun to watch.
State Of Decay was released this week. It's a video game. I'm a gamer. There were EIGHT CHARACTERS TO CHOSE FROM when you started the game. A game focused on survival in AMERICA.

NOT A SINGLE WHITE OPTION.

Now dont get me wrong, I am now playing the black guy I started with exclusively because he's a badass lol but ZERO OUT OF EIGHT ?

State Of Decay was released this week. It's a video game. I'm a gamer. There were EIGHT CHARACTERS TO CHOSE FROM when you started the game. A game focused on survival in AMERICA.

Now dont get me wrong, I am now playing the black guy I started with exclusively because he's a badass lol but ZERO OUT OF EIGHT ?
I get a kick out of teevee commercials nowadays. Watch about 20 random commercials and you'll think 3/4 of the marriages are mixed race.

It looks like MY freakin' family.

Too funny. Whatever. No harm no foul. They're trying desperately to be "inclusive" 'n stuff.

Reveal your politics to a leftists and he will try to have you fired from the job and kicked out of the family.

In this kind of environment, politics is more important and further how could I exactly be friends with these folks? Imagine trying to befriend someone like Naz or Lakhota here, no way. However, with guys like Mac, he's not a leftist...

There would not be much to the game for a white character. He would thrive due to his white privilege. :5_1_12024:

Reveal your politics to a leftists and he will try to have you fired from the job and kicked out of the family.

In this kind of environment, politics is more important and further how could I exactly be friends with these folks? Imagine trying to befriend someone like Naz or Lakhota here, no way. However, with guys like Mac, he's not a leftist...
I am self employed. No leftist will ever interfere with my livelihood. I am also smart enough to keep my politics to myself

Forum List

Back