• No, that is theft

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dunno; is it shiny?

Votes: 2 10.0%

• Total voters

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
I use one now after getting my PC bogged down with all these damned ad aps and I got some good adware removal too.

Why? Because too many advertisers are blood sucking evil parasites who eat the hearts of little children on Christmas morning before they get a chance to play with their new toys.

That is why.

If advertisers would have some dignity and respect for their customers no one would be using ad blockers at all.
Do you use an ad blocker?

Yes I do, because companies and individuals refuse to recognize my need to not have them yelling at me at once...

I tried to be helpful to web sites I visited by not utilizing an ad blocker. It didn't work, they went overboard and just flooded pages and it became a nuisance to try and work with it. One of the worst is this site on the mobile network, I won't even use it for coming here.

I still patronize and buy from Internet sites, but it is on my terms.

I ignore all advertising everywhere. If I want to buy something, I will seek it out.

The worst offender to me is YouTube. Pop ups you click off and shortly they come back again. Or the 30 second commercial that repeats foe every video I watch. YouTube was supposed to be a place for the little guy to show video of their last camping trip. It wasn't a place to make money off these dumb videos. Now we have major production videos of Top 10 whateve, science talks, gossip videos, Alien encounters, ghost videos, etc. and they're only there to make money from running repetitive ads.

Give us back our old You Tube..

Wow, 15 to zero so far and one self identifying moron. :D

I can see how the industry sees a problem, but what is the solution? To pass laws against ad blockers, or for advertisers to offer incentives to drop them and be more considerate to their viewers?

What can they do to get the audience back?

I do not use an ad blocker but not because I consider it theft. It is because I had to do a factory reset a while back. Ads have not been annoying me so I haven't bothered to download one. I saw "shiny" and voted that. Who doesn't like shinies?

I use one now after getting my PC bogged down with all these damned ad aps and I got some good adware removal too.

Why? Because too many advertisers are blood sucking evil parasites who eat the hearts of little children on Christmas morning before they get a chance to play with their new toys.

That is why.

If advertisers would have some dignity and respect for their customers no one would be using ad blockers at all.
Do you use an ad blocker?

Yes, because the pop-up ad's are very annoying, if you don't have an ad blocker then you get the things at a hyper rate.

Yes, I used an ad blocker, Noscripts and Ghostery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always have some form of ad/pop-up blocker running.
While very annoying at times, pop-ups are also a major source of adware and malware infections.
Click on the wrong pop-up that says "Your Flash is out of date - please update" or "Seventy-dozen viruses were found on your PC! CLEAN NOW!!!" and you'll be spending the next week cleaning that crap out of your computer - if it can be done at all.

Forum List

Back