Do you think U.S should donate food to N.Korea?

Private charities should donate food - but IMHO, government should not. We can lead by example - by not donating we teach the North Koreans that they can't/shouldn't rely on government for everything.

Private charities should donate food - but IMHO, government should not. We can lead by example - by not donating we teach the North Koreans that they can't/shouldn't rely on government for everything.

Zander I beg to differ a little from you here. In my opinion N Korea surely needs a lot of help from every country in the world. You know the latest I heard from N Korea is that at the death of 'Dear leader' the general public which was not crying enough are going to spend 2 months in jail! This is absurd, the regime out there doesn't need the help from outside, infact the general population needs help. I think if we are able to send more an more aid, it will help the N koreans better and may be this will help in changing the outlook of the military regime.. I know it is a long shot, but with China using N Korea as their strategic ally to counter S Korea and Japan. The only thing with which a penetration can be made is through the aids. which China doesn't provide them, China has a reputation of giving little and expecting more.. So we have this wonderful opportunity!

Zander I beg to differ a little from you here. In my opinion N Korea surely needs a lot of help from every country in the world. You know the latest I heard from N Korea is that at the death of 'Dear leader' the general public which was not crying enough are going to spend 2 months in jail! This is absurd, the regime out there doesn't need the help from outside, infact the general population needs help. I think if we are able to send more an more aid, it will help the N koreans better and may be this will help in changing the outlook of the military regime.. I know it is a long shot, but with China using N Korea as their strategic ally to counter S Korea and Japan. The only thing with which a penetration can be made is through the aids. which China doesn't provide them, China has a reputation of giving little and expecting more.. So we have this wonderful opportunity!

China gives a great deal of aid to North Korea. The US, South Korea, and Japan have also given them aid for a long, long time without any mitigating effect on that evil regime. So, your theory is a complete failure.

The original poster boy is an idiot for asking such a question. Why don't you ask the Nazi's that own your ass ? The respondents to this thread, with yes or no,makes no difference in reality.
OH I dunn Gree tah dat !
Call you mommy because your owners don't give a fuck what you think.

You're a complete fucking idiot. Take your tired, boring little performance somewhere else, you unimaginative, self-indulgent little bag of shit.

Its a terrible thing to say, but by feeding NK's starving population we ENABLE the tyrants to stay in power.

But you know, if we don't do help it, the CHINESE will.

China just does not need a neighboring nuclear power falling apart and that IS what would happen if other nations didn't help the NK government.

Not until we can feed every last one of our own here at home.

The power of propaganda - Americans are starving....

fat.jpg

Its a terrible thing to say, but by feeding NK's starving population we ENABLE the tyrants to stay in power.

But you know, if we don't do help it, the CHINESE will.

How many fucking times do I have to say this? China DOES provide aid to North Korea, in the form of direct food aid, fuel, and other assistance. The people there are still suffering and starving because that fucked up regime is so damn incompetent and corrupt. They allow just enough aid to get to the regular people to satisfy some international observers when they allow them in from time to time. Their primary concern is keeping their evil government in power.

No!.. Just like we shouldn't be the policeman of the world we also should no longer be the breadbasket of the world. All actions have consequences. Let the locals deal with their own problems.

I would love to see all that manufacturing come back home and let the multinationals fight their own wars for once. leave us out of it!

No!.. Just like we shouldn't be the policeman of the world we also should no longer be the breadbasket of the world. All actions have consequences. Let the locals deal with their own problems.

I would love to see all that manufacturing come back home and let the multinationals fight their own wars for once. leave us out of it!

Not a lot of manufacturing jobs lost to North Korea. Are you saying don't give food aid to any other countries on principle? Is it never in our own best interests?

Why on earth would the multinationals fight their own wars when they can get us not only to fight them for them, but pay for them, too?

Not a lot of manufacturing jobs lost to North Korea. Are you saying don't give food aid to any other countries on principle? Is it never in our own best interests?

Charities are free to do with their resources whatever they choose to do. When governments get involved several things happen, the most important one is corruption is immediate and pervasive, thus the food that was supposed to go to those in need often dowesn't, so whatever political benefit you hoped to get from your largesse goes unrewarded.

Secondly just giving food away to those who are in desert, or conflict areas will never amount to anything because they never learn to take care of themselves. It is a never ending cycle of desperation and once again graft.

Food aid to nations that have had major disasters such as occured in Japan and New Zealand I have no problem with, however giving aid to NK or Zimbabwe would be stupid beyond belief.

Why on earth would the multinationals fight their own wars when they can get us not only to fight them for them, but pay for them, too?

That's the problem isn't it! Butler was right "War is a Racket".

Charities are free to do with their resources whatever they choose to do. When governments get involved several things happen, the most important one is corruption is immediate and pervasive, thus the food that was supposed to go to those in need often dowesn't, so whatever political benefit you hoped to get from your largesse goes unrewarded.

Secondly just giving food away to those who are in desert, or conflict areas will never amount to anything because they never learn to take care of themselves. It is a never ending cycle of desperation and once again graft.

Food aid to nations that have had major disasters such as occured in Japan and New Zealand I have no problem with, however giving aid to NK or Zimbabwe would be stupid beyond belief.

So, you don't think that aid can ever play a role in maintaining a degree of stability in an area of our interest? Or are you opposed to it regardless? Also, do you feel that humanitarian concerns are part of our national interest?

That's the problem isn't it! Butler was right "War is a Racket".

There is one reason that wars are fought, and only one - one group wants to take what another group has by force. The ultimate goal of war is theft, in 100% of cases. Money, land, strategic position, influence, freedom - something is always taken by force.

China gives a great deal of aid to North Korea. The US, South Korea, and Japan have also given them aid for a long, long time without any mitigating effect on that evil regime. So, your theory is a complete failure.

I guess you are right! So according to you what is the solution? I dont think a war with NK would do any good to anybody.. I feel bad for the residents of the country, they live in poverty and a false, snobbish govt is not doing enough for them!

I think food aid to North Korea must be considered carefully.

North Korea's leader Kim Jong-Un requested food aid to the United States for the first time since he came to power.

At the end of December, which was during the mourning period for the death of Kim Jong-Il, North Korea requested for more food aid, with more grains than other nutritional supplements. This was done to change what the US did a year before, to aid North Korea with powdered milk and biscuits for the elderly and children.

But this food aid was done to improve the general atmosphere of the International Summit to tackle North Korea's nuclear weapons. Since this was nutritional aid, instead of food aid, the US declined the request.

If the US agreed to change their aid plan, North Korea must have used the new source of food for their new government. This was a wise move for the US.

North Korea is now walking a rougher path than ever after Kim Jong-Il's death. Therefore the US and the rest of the international community needs to realize that food aid only helps preserve the dictatorship in North Korea. They should approach with a carrot and a stick in order to crack down on North Korea.

If we have extra food, then yes.

Forum List

Back