Do you think Bin Laden is dead?

Do you think Bin Laden is dead?

• Total voters
Perhaps I should have been more specific. I'm not just talking about the United States. I'm talking about war in general.

I have already answered this question. People will diminish the terror threat because they feel safe that bin Laden is now captured. Obviously they would be wrong. So Bush wants OBL out there so he can keep going after suspected "terrorists"

Do you realize that even if Bin Laden is taken out the war on terrorism is far from over. There still is several people on our hit list before it can end.

Oh nice try. Just admit you made about the stupidest statement ever when you said that. That is a whopping 3 out of god know how many wars there have been in the history of the world. Your statement very clearly states that the vast majority of wars ended due to public sentiment and all you could come up with was three? Either admit it was dumb statement or keep going cause I'm not buying it. the following wars did not end that way.

WWI
WWII
The Civil War
The American Revolution
Gulf War I
Iraq War (so far)

The idea was not that all wars end only once public support turns. It was a general statement that war cannot be fought ONCE that support turns. It's not my fault you have poor reading comprehension.

You most certianly did and simple reason dictates for your argument to work the above would need to be true. You said the capture of bin laden would hurt Bushes policy. Okay, so how could it do that? Well your presumption is that somehow via the American people feeling safer because of bin laden's capture it will somehow alter Bush's policy.

Because they won't tolerate Bush's policy of interventionism anymore. Get it?

the assumption than has to be that he will stop going after suspected terrorists for the sole reason that american's feel safer with OBL out of the way. Which is ludicrous, Yuo need to examine your argument before you accuse other of reading comprehension problems.

Wow...are you drunk or something?

First off, you need to understand that what I said was that the American people will feel safer because they are simple, NOT that the American people should feel safer with OBL gone. Is this such a difficult concept to grasp?

Do you realize that even if Bin Laden is taken out the war on terrorism is far from over. There still is several people on our hit list before it can end.

You have no clue what I said. I didn't even come close to saying that.

I said the American people would feel that way. They would be wrong. Of course the WOT isn't over. You really need to read closer, because you often have no clue what people are saying.

The idea was not that all wars end only once public support turns. It was a general statement that war cannot be fought ONCE that support turns. It's not my fault you have poor reading comprehension.

Throughout our history, wars end when the public turns against the war.

That isn't a general statement. That's a statement of, historically how wars have ended. You came up with 3, two of which I came up with for you. Dont' backpedal your way over a cliff.

First off, you need to understand that what I said was that the American people will feel safer because they are simple

I understand it perfectly and it is incorrect on many levels. One your perspective is one of an elitist so its no suprise that your view of the American psyche is a little skewed. But for arguments sake then because they are simple:

they won't tolerate Bush's policy of interventionism anymore. Get it?

Bush has already shown that who doesn't give two hoots what people's opinion is about how the war is being run. yet if OBL is captured you believe that mentality is somehow going to change and thus his policy wil change.

Which brings me back to my original question: Why should Bush be worried about the capture of OBL considering that history has shown so far the sentiment of the people matters very little to him?

And the Democrats wouldn't want it to get out for their most bandied complaint about Iraq is that first bin Laden needed to be dead.

And the Bush Administration keeps insisting that bin Laden and Saddam were butt-buddies...That Al Qaeda in Iraq is the same entity as the one which slammed planes into the WTC and Pentagon. Neither of which is true.

Forum List

Back