Do you pray every day?

In Matthew 6:5-13, Jesus teaches us how NOT to pray and how TO pray.

“And now about prayer. When you pray, don't be like the hypocrites who love to pray publicly on street corners and in the synagogues where everyone can see them. I assure you, that is all the reward they will ever get. But when you pray, go away by yourself, shut the door behind you, and pray to your Father secretly. Then your Father, who knows all secrets, will reward you.

When you pray, don't babble on and on as people of other religions do. They think prayers are answered only by repeating words over and over again. Don't be like them, because your Father knows exactly what you need even before you ask him! Pray like this: Our Father in heaven, may your name be honored. May your Kingdom come soon. May your will be done here on earth, just as it is in heaven. Give us our food for today, and forgive us our sins, just as we have forgiven those who have sinned against us. And don't let us yield to temptation, but deliver us from the evil one.”

Why bother praying? Doesn't God have a plan for us all? What will praying do?

I don't pray but I do try to get some time everyday to reflect on things.

A Christian wouldn't have to ask that question.

Pray acknowledging He is God, and that you accept His gracious gift, Jesus Christ, as your Lord and Savior (Genesis 17:1, Romans 6:16-18).

Pray confessing our sins and accepting His forgiveness (Romans 3:23-26).

Pray that His will be done in our lives, that His Holy Spirit guide us, and that we be filled with the fullness of all God has for us.

Pray for (spiritual) understanding and wisdom (Proverbs 2:6-8, 3:5).

Pray with thanksgiving for all the ways He blesses us (Philippians 4:6). Pray when we are ill, lonely, going through trials or interceding for others (James 5:14-16, 2 Corinthians 12:9-10).

Pray to worship Him (Psalm 95:6-7).

All about prayer.

Pray acknowledging He is God, and that you accept His gracious gift, Jesus Christ, as your Lord and Savior (Genesis 17:1, Romans 6:16-18).

Pray that His will be done in our lives, that His Holy Spirit guide us, and that we be filled with the fullness of all God has for us.

Pray with thanksgiving for all the ways He blesses us (Philippians 4:6). Pray when we are ill, lonely, going through trials or interceding for others (James 5:14-16, 2 Corinthians 12:9-10).

All about prayer.
Whoop dee doo for Christians. FYI: Christians did not invent gratitude or meditation.

All about prayer.

Well I'm not a christian. Hence why I asked.

All about prayer.

That is why I answered your question.

All about prayer.

That is why I answered your question.

What happens if you don't pray?

Forum List

Back