Do you pray every day?

I pray every night when I go to bed. Sometimes during the day too but usually just at night at bedtime.

I pray every day, usually in the mornings before work.

How about you?

Several times each day.

It isn't even a conscious thing for me anymore, I just find myself talking to God several times each day.

Must. Resist. Urge......

I talk directly to God, RDD....and yes....he answers me. While I still occasionally go through the ritual of prayer from time to time, I pray MUCH more often than I practice the ritual.

I am not singling out any religion. It makes people feel good but doesn't actually do anything. Therefore it's entertainment.
Who said it doesn't do anything? False assumption on your part...
Well I asked what the purpose of praying is since God apparently has a plan already for each of us. I then asked what happens if someone doesn't pray and was told that nothing happens. Hence, it doesn't really do anything.
As I said - false assuption on your part...

You made the comparison to watching TV or playing video games. Nothing wrong with that. It is, what it is.

I didn't compare praying with watching TV...

I asked whether you thought those specific acts I mentioned were the best use of time in your eyes... Haven't heard an answer yet...

Those things are the best use of my time when I want to be entertained.....just like praying is for others. I thought it was a good comparison on your part.

Again, I didn't make a comparison...

Praying is not done by those of religious faith as "entertainment"...

I gave you the benefit of the doubt on this thread and tentatively assumed you were genuinely interested in the subject of "prayer"... I was wrong and should have trusted my instincts that you were just doing your usual mocking of Christians.... Your avtar is pure proof...

You remain the troll you are...

Last edited:
usually several times a day. Both formally and informally.

I find I benefit alot more from my experience when I take them prayerfully to the Lord.

It's through prayer that revelation comes. That we commune with God. That we learn about His plan.

I don't want them to do anything, they can do whatever they want. I was just questioning what is the best use of time? Doing something that means nothing, or doing something that does.

Ah, but prayer does mean something. It's they way we communiciate with God, Our Father.

It's not praying that does nothing for us.

Who said it doesn't do anything? False assumption on your part...
Well I asked what the purpose of praying is since God apparently has a plan already for each of us. I then asked what happens if someone doesn't pray and was told that nothing happens. Hence, it doesn't really do anything.
As I said - false assuption on your part...
LOL, that's all you have? I am basing this on what others have said in this thread. Tell me which part is wrong.

You made the comparison to watching TV or playing video games. Nothing wrong with that. It is, what it is.

I didn't compare praying with watching TV...

I asked whether you thought those specific acts I mentioned were the best use of time in your eyes... Haven't heard an answer yet...

Those things are the best use of my time when I want to be entertained.....just like praying is for others. I thought it was a good comparison on your part.[/QUOTE]

Again, I didn't make a comparison...

Praying is not done by those of religious faith as "entertainment"...

I gave you the benefit of the doubt on this thread and tentatively assumed you were genuinely interested in the subject of "prayer"... I was wrong and should have trusted my instincts that you were just doing your usual mocking of Christians.... Your avtar is pure proof...

You remain thr troll you are...[/QUOTE]

LOL, you're just dying to be a victim. Again, why do you keep saying christians? When did I ever single them out? Poor you. I ask questions about why people pray and you have no answer except that it's entertainment which I agree makes sense. Congrats.

LOL, that's all you have? I am basing this on what others have said in this thread. Tell me which part is wrong.
You based your entire premise of prayer on the reply of one poster? You also got the meaning of his reply wrong and applied it to the result of prayer...

Go back and re-read the responses, because you are failing big time...

LOL, you're just dying to be a victim. Again, why do you keep saying christians? When did I ever single them out? Poor you. I ask questions about why people pray and you have no answer except that it's entertainment which I agree makes sense. Congrats.
How could I be a victim? Everything you've said thus far has been a purposeful misidentification of what people actually said...

I said you are mocking Christians... You are, unless that's not a depiction of Jesus in your avatar...

I never said prayer is entertainment nor made that comparison... Your continued lying about this is more evidence of your trolling...

It explains why most here think you are an idiot...

Last edited:
I don't want them to do anything, they can do whatever they want. I was just questioning what is the best use of time? Doing something that means nothing, or doing something that does.

Ah, but prayer does mean something. It's they way we communiciate with God, Our Father.

He's not really interested in honest answers...

my spontaneous daily prayer after being on this site, or watching the news, usually involves me begging for Mercy, for all of us!

"Lord, have Mercy on us!" (cuz we certainly don't deserve any help, but in His Mercy.....we stand a chance!) :D

You based your entire premise of prayer on the reply of one poster? You also got the meaning of his reply wrong and applied it to the result of prayer...

Go back and re-read the responses, because you are failing big time...

How could I e a victim? Everything you've said thus far has been a purposeful misidentification of what people actually said...

I said you are mocking Christians... You are, unless that's not a depiction of Jesus in your avatar...

I never said prayer is entertainment nor made that comparison... Your continued lying bout this is more evidence of your trolling...

It explains why most here think you are an idiot...

LOL, "most people" here think I'm an idiot, eh? There a thread where you are all discussing me? LOL.

Remind me again who brought up the comparison of watching TV and playing video games? How quickly your memory slips.

And I asked you for what part I had wrong about my conclusions, telling me to go back and read is a weak way out of having to develop your own thoughts. But that's not surprising though coming from someone who believes that praying actually means anything. I mock all religions, because they are all ridiculous.

Are you making fun of Dr.House since he's in your avatar?? My avatar is there because to me, it's a funny image and makes me laugh. It's entertainment. Just like "House" is for you, just like religion is. Entertainment.

Sure I am. But how should I expect honesty from someone who believes that an invisible man in the sky is watching over us and he is all powerfull, all-knowing but a simple prayer can force him to change his plans. You're not being honest with yourself.

Did God tell you to Neg me? I find that entertaining too. Thanks!

Sure I am. But how should I expect honesty from someone who believes that an invisible man in the sky is watching over us and he is all powerfull, all-knowing but a simple prayer can force him to change his plans. You're not being honest with yourself.

Thanks for proving me right about your intentions in this thread....:clap2:

Thanks for proving me right about your intentions in this thread....:clap2:

:eusa_eh:

LOL, you've actually said nothing of value in this thread. I've asked questions. You've taken it as me attacking christians and told me to reread other peoples answers again. What exactly have you provided? Zilch. Much like God does for us? Nada.

Forum List

Back