Do you pray every day?

What happens if you don't pray?

Nothing.

Oh ok. Seems to be a waste of time then. People could be a lot more productive members of society of that used that praying time to do something beneficial for society.

Praying is not for societies benefit, it's to have a personal relationship with God.

Our Father, who art in heaven,
hallowed be thy name.
Thy Kingdom come,
thy will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
For thine is the kingdom, the power and the glory. for ever and ever. In Jesus' name,
Amen

The fifteen or so seconds it would take to say this simple prayer is such a waste of time. :cuckoo:

Why bother praying? Doesn't God have a plan for us all? What will praying do?

A Christian wouldn't have to ask that question.

Pray acknowledging He is God, and that you accept His gracious gift, Jesus Christ, as your Lord and Savior (Genesis 17:1, Romans 6:16-18).

Pray confessing our sins and accepting His forgiveness (Romans 3:23-26).

Pray that His will be done in our lives, that His Holy Spirit guide us, and that we be filled with the fullness of all God has for us.

Pray for (spiritual) understanding and wisdom (Proverbs 2:6-8, 3:5).

Pray with thanksgiving for all the ways He blesses us (Philippians 4:6). Pray when we are ill, lonely, going through trials or interceding for others (James 5:14-16, 2 Corinthians 12:9-10).

Pray to worship Him (Psalm 95:6-7).

All about prayer.
Whoop dee doo for Christians. FYI: Christians did not invent gratitude or meditation.

And who said they did?

I pray every day, usually in the mornings before work.

How about you?

Several times a day.

In the morning, I pray for the health and safety of my family.
Before each meal, I ask God to bless and nourish the food to our bodies.
In the evening, I again pray for the health and safety of my family.
When I hear or see an ambulance or firetruck, I pray for all affected.
I pray for anyone who seems like they need prayer or who are on a prayer list.

The list goes on and on.

Oh ok. Seems to be a waste of time then. People could be a lot more productive members of society of that used that praying time to do something beneficial for society.

So you want Christians to stop praying to be more productive and beneficial to the society?

How about you do what you want and Christians do what they want? You cool with that?

I don't want them to do anything, they can do whatever they want. I was just questioning what is the best use of time? Doing something that means nothing, or doing something that does.

So you want Christians to stop praying to be more productive and beneficial to the society?

How about you do what you want and Christians do what they want? You cool with that?

I don't want them to do anything, they can do whatever they want. I was just questioning what is the best use of time? Doing something that means nothing, or doing something that does.

To Christians (and other religions as well), praying means something.... It just doesn't mean anything to you...

Is surfing Facebook the best use of your time? How about watching TV or playing video games?

Live and let live...

To Christians (and other religions as well), praying means something.... It just doesn't mean anything to you...

Is surfing Facebook the best use of your time? How about watching TV or playing video games?

Live and let live...

Oh ok, entertainment value is a different story. Fair enough.

Live and let live...

Are you saying praying is entertainment to Christians?

Live and let live...

I am not singling out any religion. It makes people feel good but doesn't actually do anything. Therefore it's entertainment. You made the comparison to watching TV or playing video games. Nothing wrong with that. It is, what it is.

I pray every day, usually in the mornings before work.

How about you?

I dont really think of it as praying..or that word as "pray". I talk. I dont kneel and I dont fold my hands. None of that. I WILL light a candle from time to time if my "talking" is for someone else in need of "prayers". Usually....I have a conversation in my head and talk to Him. No, I dont get a response but thats ok. I feel it. No words on His end necessary. My answers come from nature and critters around me.

I am not singling out any religion. It makes people feel good but doesn't actually do anything. Therefore it's entertainment. You made the comparison to watching TV or playing video games. Nothing wrong with that. It is, what it is.

When I was in graduate school, I had a lot of friends from foreign countries. Some friends from India, in particular, used to watch the Christian Televangelists for entertainment. Then I started watching them and :lol:. This guy was my favorite:

Last edited by a moderator:

I am not singling out any religion. It makes people feel good but doesn't actually do anything. Therefore it's entertainment.
Who said it doesn't do anything? False assumption on your part...

You made the comparison to watching TV or playing video games. Nothing wrong with that. It is, what it is.

I didn't compare praying with watching TV...

I asked whether you thought those specific acts I mentioned were the best use of time in your eyes... Haven't heard an answer yet...

I try not to pray. I do try to "thank Him" every day. Most days I don't get through thanking Him for my list of blessings before I am asking for favors (watching over and helping others). Usually when I am driving, I ask that I do no harm. (One man gets into a vehicles, and says, God Bless all here.) I have found when I concentrate on what I have been given, there really isn't much that I "need".

I am not singling out any religion. It makes people feel good but doesn't actually do anything. Therefore it's entertainment.
Who said it doesn't do anything? False assumption on your part...
Well I asked what the purpose of praying is since God apparently has a plan already for each of us. I then asked what happens if someone doesn't pray and was told that nothing happens. Hence, it doesn't really do anything.

You made the comparison to watching TV or playing video games. Nothing wrong with that. It is, what it is.

I didn't compare praying with watching TV...

I asked whether you thought those specific acts I mentioned were the best use of time in your eyes... Haven't heard an answer yet...

Those things are the best use of my time when I want to be entertained.....just like praying is for others. I thought it was a good comparison on your part.

Forum List

Back