Do you like your job?

Nienna

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2005
Ohio
Do you like your job?

I am lucky enough to say that I love mine! I'm a stay-at-home mom. Although largely thankless, many times mindless, and often lonely, it has many perks.

1) I can schedule my time to some degree, although I'm on call 24/7.
2) I can work at home.
3) Involves a lot of psychology, in which I am very interested.
4) I can hug, kiss, and spank the people I work with.
5) I work with the most gorgeous, adorable people on the earth.

There are other perks, too; those are just a few.

So.... what about you?

Unfortunately Im not so lucky. Well I am, not many 15 year olds can m,ake over $10 an hour, but it sucks. Mainly I dont like my co-workers, most of them are just plain dumb and way too childish. Also it gets extremely boring bagging and taking out orders, and repeating it for 7 to 9 hours a day. Could be worse though.

Yes I do.

I spend most of the time sitting around doing nothing, or walking around saying hi to people. I can smoke when I want. I see lots of really intelligent people that have degrees of all sorts and absolutely no commonsense at all. There's always someone to laugh at or about daily.

It is by far the easiest job I have ever had.

Hmmm spanking the people I work with, now there's a thought.

I've worked with some of the nicest people on earth, I can count the really bad experiences I've had on the fingers of one hand, and I've been able to make a living doing what I love about 85% of my adult life. I gotta be the luckiest joker on earth. I'm not where I want to be yet, but just trying to get there has been a blast!

I like my job, I work on my computer all day, don't have to talk to customers, and am very good at what I do.

I absolutely love my job! I get to travel some, have an impact on what goes on currently and in the future and have great colleauges to work with. I have a lot of fun experimenting with leading edge technologies.

Most of all, I get to goof off a lot!

I love the fact that the business I run with my family is self sufficient( usually) so I can concentrate on finally finishing college. When I do get my last degree I hope to love the job I will get.

I've been a stay at home mom. I've run two businesses. And now,for the most part yes.
I like bartending. I love working nights. I get to talk & flirt & make people their favorite drinks. I get to listen to music & about people's lives. The downside is dealing with 30 different personalities under the influence of alcohol. Sometimes it can be VERY difficult. And there's always that stranger, you don't know how they'll react.

i have a great job.....i am an architect that sepcializes in retauarants and multi family housing and historic rehab / adaptive reuse

i get to work with lots of smart young creative energetic people and teach them how to build places for peope to live their lives ...

very cool

I love working at the ER but I can't get enough hours to move on. I'll also have to lose some time with my son if I change--that sucks but I guess I gotta grow up sometime.

Said1 said:
My job has been great this year, c'ept for Friday's, I have to work all day. :cry:
Ya killing assassins that crashed your wedding, shot you, and left you for dead
can wear you out by the end of the week.

Sure I "love" my job. 7 months out of the year, I'm embarked on a floating piece of the USA working 14 hours a day 7 days a week. I analyze maintenance forms, report problems, supervise lower-ranking people and take college classes on my own.
The other 5 I'm in port, working 14 hours a day, 5 days a week. Much of the same thing, but usually for a whole different reason with a whole different system.
Yay for the Navy!

NATO AIR said:
Sure I "love" my job. 7 months out of the year, I'm embarked on a floating piece of the USA working 14 hours a day 7 days a week. I analyze maintenance forms, report problems, supervise lower-ranking people and take college classes on my own.
The other 5 I'm in port, working 14 hours a day, 5 days a week. Much of the same thing, but usually for a whole different reason with a whole different system.
Yay for the Navy!

You know what NAVY stands for don't you?

(Never Again Volunteer Yourself!)

Forum List

Back