• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AVG-JOE

American Mutt
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 23, 2008
Your Imagination
Do you know YOUR final destination?

Do you believe, I mean truly believe that when you die you will be going to a better place?

Do you believe, I mean truly believe that when you die you will be going to a better place?

All religion is based on faith. I have great faith in my particular religion. Therefore, when I die I do believe I will go to heaven just as I have been raised to believe. Now, it's entirely possible that religion is all a hoax - which I don't believe is a true statement, so if I'm wrong, how am I going to know? Same thing with this post. You can say you don't believe in God and there is no such thing as heaven and hell but you can't prove it. Neither can I prove that there is a heaven or hell or if there is actually a God. It's all based on your faith. It's all just a matter of what you choose to believe. Personally, I do think there is more to the story after death than just becoming worm food. It's all speculation until then... Interesting question and I am sure there are those that will pipe in and say it's all a bunch of bull but it's their right to believe that just as it is my right to believe in God.

I truly believe that I'll end up in a box 6' under ground.

Yes I do, and isn't that what makes America great? That I can believe that, others can believe they are going to be worm food, others believe they will be reincarnated, others believe only so many will go to heaven. And you know what, that's cool, I respect their right to believe it, just like others should respect my beliefs.

Yes I do, and isn't that what makes America great? That I can believe that, others can believe they are going to be worm food, others believe they will be reincarnated, others believe only so many will go to heaven. And you know what, that's cool, I respect their right to believe it, just like others should respect my beliefs.

:eek::eek: Worms ain't getting through MY box.

:eek::eek: Worms ain't getting through MY box.

Get cremated then, just to be safe!

Yes I believe it will be a better place, but do i know what it is... no not precisely. I think John summed up the words better:

2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. (1 John 3:2)

Yes I believe it will be a better place, but do i know what it is... no not precisely. I think John summed up the words better:

2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. (1 John 3:2)

Poor silly deluded avatar. Keep believing that it'll get better when your dead!!! than your pathetic life, which won't.

Poor silly deluded avatar. Keep believing that it'll get better when your dead!!! than your pathetic life, which won't.

Why do you care so much if he believes in God or not? How does his beliefs affect your life? Is he knocking on your door, stalking you, sending you letters?

Live and let live brother.

Faith is not knowing.

Hence the fact that we have two different words to descibe faith and knowing.

Even the Bible recognizes the difference between faith and knowing.

I'm not going to consult the Bible, but I recall a the the Bible uses to describe the peace one gets from faith as:

A peace that passeth all understanding

All religion is based on faith. I have great faith in my particular religion. Therefore, when I die I do believe I will go to heaven just as I have been raised to believe. Now, it's entirely possible that religion is all a hoax - which I don't believe is a true statement, so if I'm wrong, how am I going to know? Same thing with this post. You can say you don't believe in God and there is no such thing as heaven and hell but you can't prove it. Neither can I prove that there is a heaven or hell or if there is actually a God. It's all based on your faith. It's all just a matter of what you choose to believe. Personally, I do think there is more to the story after death than just becoming worm food. It's all speculation until then... Interesting question and I am sure there are those that will pipe in and say it's all a bunch of bull but it's their right to believe that just as it is my right to believe in God.

I do not claim that religion, per se, is a hoax

I say that Mysticism and delusion reasoning based on mysticism is the hoax!!
Get rid of the immortal god dying on a cross, men eating and vomitted up by whales and the like, and religion can become a very pratical and reasonable approach on how an individual can approach life.

it is really hard for man to understand what it would be like to cease to exsist, hence religion.

it is really hard for man to understand what it would be like to cease to exsist, hence religion.

What is so hard about becoming the feast for maggots and worms??

Unless you opt for cremation--Then you are just plant food. I prefer becoming plant food than worm food.

It not hard for man to do, its hard for him to comprehend non exsistance.

I dont care what happens to my body and I have told my family as much.

I have told them my wishes are whatever they feel best about. If they cant deside to then take at every turn the cheapest option available.

I will be gone and the only bit of me that will exsit is their memory that I once did exsist.

It not hard for man to do, its hard for him to comprehend non exsistance.

I dont care what happens to my body and I have told my family as much.

I have told them my wishes are whatever they feel best about. If they cant deside to then take at every turn the cheapest option available.

I will be gone and the only bit of me that will exsit is their memory that I once did exsist.

Wait--let us not forget Kids and the impressions you left on them.

How else can you obtain immortality? Theology excluded.

Forum List

Back