Do You Have Favorites?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Adam's Apple, Feb 5, 2005.

1. Adam's Apple

Adam's Apple Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +447
    Are you particularly impressed with any of the current Congressmen/Senators serving in Washington who are not from your own home state? My current favorites are Chris Cox of California, Rick Santorum of Pennsylvania, and Lindsey Graham of South Carolina. Among the women I like Kay Bailey Hutchison of Texas.

2. Comrade

Comrade Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +167
    I'm interested to see how the media will present Obama in the following years... I really think that man has a chance at rescuing the Dems from the abyss, but will hold my final opinion until I hear more from the Senator himself.

I also wish that Jim McDermott from my home state would have to answer to his opinion on Saddam's Iraq during his pre-war visit to that regime, but doubt that Washington State has the nutsack to make him answer for his para-traitorous actions.

3. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    Obama was about the only Democrat who asked Dr. Rice questions that made any sense.... as well as being damn good, well thought-out questions.
    he's done pretty well, he's making veterans affairs one of his three priorities, which i love.

i like lindsey graham, he's a good man who's not afraid to stand up for what he thinks is right, even if his party and his president disagree.

i love sam brownback, he's doing a hell of a job for the people of kansas and also for those around the world and in the US. the finest christian conservative in washington.

i like ken salazar from colorado, he seems to know what the right thing to do is the great majority of the time, and he's a maverick within the democratic party, which means he won't be toeing the extreme left line they seem to be crawling towards.

4. Hobbit

Hobbit Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +421
    I've always been a little partial to Tim Hutchison, from Arkansas. Rumor has it he's coming back home to run for governor, and I'm sure he'll beat Huckabee (we're getting a little tired of him...good man, bad governor, opposite of Clinton)

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    I respect Nato like no other. At the same time, I hope I'm wrong but Obama is at climax, if not peak. Ill. demands something before election, he has shot his ....

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. Adam's Apple

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +447
    Obama's a practicing Christian, so I doubt he will get anywhere in the current Democrat Party. He will get shunted aside just like all the other Democrats who are not left-leaning liberals. That's really too bad. I feel Illinois sent a good man with experience in politics to Washington to represent them, and the Democrat Party could benefit from listening to what Obama has to say. Just personal opinion.

7. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770

Where did you get that he is a practicing Christian? I'm in Illinois and last I heard he was an Islam, quiet though.

8. Adam's Apple

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +447
    He is on the list of 50 Most Influential Christians in America. You will find this list in one of my recent posts.

9. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    and you bought this why????

10. Adam's Apple

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +447
    What do you mean "bought"? Not everything I post I personally believe. It is information that I found interesting and passed on for whatever value it has to those who choose to read it. I did not know that Obama was a person of faith until I saw his name among those on the list.