Do You Have a Paper Shredder?

Shattered said:
Dr. Phil's a putz. :D

My wife watches religiously. It gets irritating when she tries to solve some of our "problems" with solutions he uses on his show. The part that is most irritating is it wasn't a problem before she watched the stinkin' show!

I have one at home for shredding personal bills, etc. I don't get bank statements anymore as our bank provides seven years worth (all the IRS requires) online. As for my business, I keep everything for 5 to 7 years (again, just in case the IRS wants to do an audit) then I have a company called "Shred-It" send a truck to our office to shred all our business stuff. It is cool cuz they take the entire banker's boxes with staples, alligator clips, etc. and throw em in the big shredder and it eats it all up. That way we don't have to go through and pull out all the staples, etc. It costs about $600 for four large pallets of paperwork. Not all that bad considering how much time it would take for my employees to do that.

If you don't have a shredder I would strongly suggest getting one. You can get a real good one at Costco for about $160.00

freeandfun1 said:
I have one at home for shredding personal bills, etc. I don't get bank statements anymore as our bank provides seven years worth (all the IRS requires) online. As for my business, I keep everything for 5 to 7 years (again, just in case the IRS wants to do an audit) then I have a company called "Shred-It" send a truck to our office to shred all our business stuff. It is cool cuz they take the entire banker's boxes with staples, alligator clips, etc. and throw em in the big shredder and it eats it all up. That way we don't have to go through and pull out all the staples, etc. It costs about $600 for four large pallets of paperwork. Not all that bad considering how much time it would take for my employees to do that.

If you don't have a shredder I would strongly suggest getting one. You can get a real good one at Costco for about $160.00

Even just for the junk mail and constant credit solicitations I get daily. I think I am. Too much of a pain to rip everything up in small pieces...........

Forum List

Back