Phoenix, AZ
A. NOW
One Flew over the C. NEST
Raging Bull
12 Angry men
Silence of the Lambs
French Connection

Thanks

I never liked the French Connection the others are very good movies but classics?... no

When I think of classic films I think of the Godfather...
Vertigo... Wizard of Oz... Casablanca... Gone with the Wind... Some like it Hot and West Side Story...

Jodie Foster is so beautiful that if Silence of the Lambs is not a classic then it damned well oughta' be.

I think Twelve Angry Men is the only classic. Maybe, Raging Bull. Apocalypse Now is a messy message thing. Silence of the Lambs is kind the same message thing - it was not a horror movie.

Which brings me to genre - these aesthetic comparisons have to be critiqued in genres.

Where's Star Wars in your list? Are you kidding me - you leave out Star Wars? It's going on fifty years - every kid has to watch it, you know?

I just got around to watching On the Waterfront with Marlon Brando. Some think that's a classic.

All those movies are around 40 or more years old and still get substantial air play
They also won many awards

Epic classics are 1930s 1940s and early 1950s films .....for me at least. :dunno:

The ones the OP mentioned are great films, no doubt about it, but .....newer films...too new to be epic.

Epic classics are 1930s 1940s and early 1950s films .....for me at least. :dunno:

The ones the OP mentioned are great films, no doubt about it, but .....newer films...too new to be epic.

I dont like movies before 1970s
except only Good bad ugly and 12 angry men

I also hate movies in the 2010s and 20s

Forum List

Back