Zone1 Do you collect anything?

Material possessions & clutter generally drive me bonkers.

i have downsized in many areas myself, & i totally agree with you about clutter. i thrive on organization.... not so much dusting etc - but as long as things are neat enough, i can relax.

My two favorite watches

63825515637__54DC4287-43CB-41C8-A448-75A3CDB1C711.jpeg

And a few more that aren't in storage:
P1080829.jpg

Last edited:
i have downsized in many areas myself, & i totally agree with you about clutter. i thrive on organization.... not so much dusting etc - but as long as things are neat enough, i can relax.
If I had the resources and space to collect anything, it would probably be either rare books or fossils TBH.

People tend to collect things they like.
Do you have any collections to share?
Cars? Guns? Thimbles? Spoons? Beanie Babies?
Maybe three things, so we don't get too crazy.
Who knows, maybe we can find some common ground instead of hating on each other over political differences.
Post some pics if you have them handy!
Your effort to find common ground will depend on each person's attitude. I recently had a childhood friend call me. We grew up together, and were close all the way from 4th grade till college. I had forgotten how instrumental we were in each others lives, but he moved out of state, and we lost touch. I was truly thrilled at the chance to renew the friendship. We reminissed on the phone for more than two hours until the subject of politics came up. After I said we had been through too much to let politics cause a problem, he counted off several Hannity talking points, and then had to go. I called him about a week later and got nothing but the same. I'm disappointed on several different levels.

Your effort to find common ground will depend on each person's attitude. I recently had a childhood friend call me. We grew up together, and were close all the way from 4th grade till college. I had forgotten how instrumental we were in each others lives, but he moved out of state, and we lost touch. I was truly thrilled at the chance to renew the friendship. We reminissed on the phone for more than two hours until the subject of politics came up. After I said we had been through too much to let politics cause a problem, he counted off several Hannity talking points, and then had to go. I called him about a week later and got nothing but the same. I'm disappointed on several different levels.
Well, hopefully we can keep that out of this thread. I think most of the responders here so far have been my political opponents, but I believe people haven’t lost the ability to put such things aside and just be decent to each other. The gloves are off everywhere else at USMB, though! Lol

And the money:
IMG_6159.jpeg

Sadly, it appears I have this in common with Fani...

Well, hopefully we can keep that out of this thread. I think most of the responders here so far have been my political opponents, but I believe people haven’t lost the ability to put such things aside and just be decent to each other. The gloves are off everywhere else at USMB, though! Lol
Common ground is an honorable goal. I'm just doubtful that it can be obtained given current attitudes, but give it a shot.

Common ground is an honorable goal. I'm just doubtful that it can be obtained given current attitudes, but give it a shot.
I won't lie, I love a good shit-show/verbal food fight. But, in the end, we are all Americans and if we can't eventually look past our differences and try to find some common ground, this country will balkanize.

People tend to collect things they like.
Do you have any collections to share?
Cars? Guns? Thimbles? Spoons? Beanie Babies?
Maybe three things, so we don't get too crazy.
Who knows, maybe we can find some common ground instead of hating on each other over political differences.
Post some pics if you have them handy!

Not a collector, I usually sell or trade things I find at estate sales and flea markets. These are a few of the things I've found over the years...

A WW2 Japanese helmet, cartridge box, bugle, and canteen...

jap1.jpg

Lot of guns. I won't even try to post pictures of all of them.

eibar%20liberty1.jpg

lepage1.jpg

Some lamps I still have...

lamps1.jpg

A WW2 82nd Airborne helmet...

82nd%20airborne%20helmet1.jpg

An authentic War of 1812 officer's sword

1812%20sword1.jpg

A WW1 German helmet...

german%20helmet.jpg

An 1800's musket...

musket1.jpg

Another 1800's musket...

sr1.jpg

Some artifacts from the battle at Little Big Horn...

custer1.jpg

Not a collector, I usually sell or trade things I find at estate sales and flea markets. These are a few of the things I've found over the years...

A WW2 Japanese helmet, cartridge box, bugle, and canteen...

jap1.jpg

Lot of guns. I won't even try to post pictures of all of them.

eibar%20liberty1.jpg

lepage1.jpg

Some lamps I still have...

lamps1.jpg

A WW2 82nd Airborne helmet...

82nd%20airborne%20helmet1.jpg

An authentic War of 1812 officer's sword

1812%20sword1.jpg

A WW1 German helmet...

german%20helmet.jpg

An 1800's musket...

musket1.jpg

Another 1800's musket...

sr1.jpg

Some artifacts from the battle at Little Big Horn...

custer1.jpg
Cool stuff. I'm big on estate sales and flipping things, too. Nice way to make some extra cash.

Cool stuff. I'm big on estate sales and flipping things, too. Nice way to make some extra cash.

God bless the underground economy. A lot of old folks would be eating cat food if it weren't for that.

:laughing0301:

Anyone else?
My little thread here kinda died when I took a week vacation...

Forum List

Back