Do You Believe This. . . ?

MikeK

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2010
Brick, New Jersey
(Excerpt)

Bettina Halbey, who lives alone in the small town of Nieheim, received a letter from her landlord and the local municipality at the start of September, Die Welt newspaper reported on Thursday. “I was completely shocked and I can’t even begin to find the words to describe how the city has treated me,” Halbey told the German publication. “I have had to go through a lot of difficulties recently, and then I get this notice. It was like a kick in the teeth.” Halbey will have until May 2016 to find a new place to live, along with her dog and her cat.

The three-story building, where she rented a 90 sq/m flat will now be turned into accommodation for refugees, who are seeking to make Germany their new home. The mayor of Nieheim, Rainer Vidal, which has a population of just over 6,000, defended the decision to send the nurse packing, saying converting the building would be “the cheapest option.” “A new residential unit for 30 refugees in Nieheim would cost €30,000 ($33,600).

This solution will cost me nothing,” he told Die Welt. Over half the population of Germany lives in rented accommodation and the country has laws to defend the rights of tenants. “Normally, only a private individual can terminate the terms of a contract for personal use. A municipality cannot move into a flat as a legal entity, so the process is legally highly questionable,” Ulrich Ropertz, spokesman of the German Tenants’ Federation, told the Telegraph. Halbey, who brought up two sons as a single parent, became so incensed by the decision that she wrote about her plight on Facebook.

The social media reaction was instant. Over 200,000 people have shared her story, which was also picked up by the German media. The nurse says that she is not against Germany taking in refugees and she says she got on well with asylum seekers who had earlier become her neighbors. “We take care of each other. Helping people, this is of the utmost importance to me,” Halbey said.

(Close)

If not, read about it here:

Europe: Seizing Homes to House Muslim Migrants - The Geller Report

What is most disturbing is the way our mainstream media is concealing these things from us.

Last edited:
It is extremely fascist.
It's goddam frightening.

I can't believe I have to scrounge around in YouTube to learn about such things when we have a multi-billion dollar mainstream media system operating via print, television and radio -- and all we read and hear are advertisements and monotonous, repetitious bullshit, day after day, hour after hour.

Drop dead liar.

Look, the source in the OP is hardly reliable. It's manufactured outrage designed for PPC revenue. It's useless posting articles of "what might" or "may be" happening. It is only useful to report on what actually IS happening. Until the hacks in the OP do that, it "may be" safely ignored, and discarded along with other internet trash.

Hope this helps Mike! Happy New Year!

Sounds like your modus operandi...

No. I am hyper-aware of bullshit. Look Mike, it happens on both sides, I admit. From this point on, you have to be smart and not let yourself be easily persuaded by internet marketers only looking to make a quick buck.

I'm only saying IF this happens, there will be a legitimate reason for outrage. But...until then, it's just revenue for the webmaster.

The GELLER REPORT??

Have you lost your fucking mind??

In answer to your title --- No, I don't. Not for a second.

The GELLER REPORT??

Have you lost your fucking mind??

In answer to your title --- No, I don't. Not for a second.
When presented with a dubious or questionable assertion the thing to do, if you're at all interested, is spend a little time on a bit of research, such as the following -- which took me all of five or ten minutes. I didn't paste them all up because I didn't realize there are some, like you, who need to be led by the hand and spoon fed.

German woman threatened with eviction to make way for refugees

German nurse shocked after being forced out of flat to make way for refugees

German woman evicted from her home to make room for migrants | Daily Mail Online

And there is lots more -- if you'd care to look.

Forum List

Back