Do you believe in same-sex marriage?

Do you believe in same-sex marriage?

• yes

Votes: 19 41.3%
  • no

Votes: 27 58.7%

• Total voters
Um, so those of us with kids can just lump it? Is that it? And straight couples without kids shouldn't be allowed to get married? Is that it?

It is a recognition of social obligation by the probability of procreation.

I don't quite follow your first sentence. If you have kids you have obligations to the kids and to society (and to the other parent of the kids) and marriage is a way of exercising your obligations, and a way of demonstrating you will fulfill them.

Exactly...we have kids...we are gay couples...are we 2nd class citizens? Are our kids 2nd class citizens?

Whose kids?

In LA, they have, or had a Gay Pride Parade every year. I gotta tell you that gives gays a bad name. I have no issues with gays overall, but the parade could have tried to have a little class to promote itself, and not come across the way it did. It was so in your face that it came across as disgusting.
I have a feeling many hetero men would love the same behavior if it were heterosexuals doing it.

I doubt it. Ever been to the Folsom Street Fair? They have heterosexuals engaging in essentially the same behavior, and it's about as distasteful to the average middle-class American.

The truth is that most people just don't want to be made an unwilling participant in someone else's sex life. It's called a "private life" for a reason, so keep it that way!

You know, Cecelie...I really appreciate you bringing up the Folsom Street Fair. I've had people throwing that in my face for years as an example of deviant gay behavior. I keep telling them that it is Straight Leather People as well as gay...in fact, as we see in the population, a LOT more Straight People. I am either ignored or called a liar.

Ame®icano;1937718 said:
It is a recognition of social obligation by the probability of procreation.

I don't quite follow your first sentence. If you have kids you have obligations to the kids and to society (and to the other parent of the kids) and marriage is a way of exercising your obligations, and a way of demonstrating you will fulfill them.

Exactly...we have kids...we are gay couples...are we 2nd class citizens? Are our kids 2nd class citizens?

Whose kids?

Our kids.

I go with my stock answer.

I believe gays should be able to experience the same pain and suffering that heteros suffer from with a long drawn out and inopportune marriage.

The only difference is they can't be force into shot-gun weddings.

Actually I'm starting to think some gays want to get "married" so they can legally lay claim to thier lover.

Because that's why straights do it.

Last edited:
I go with my stock answer.

I believe gays should be able to experience the same pain and suffering that heteros suffer from with a long drawn out and inopportune marriage.

The only difference is they can't be force into shot-gun weddings.

Actually I'm starting to think some gays want to get "married" so they can legally lay claim to thier lover.

Because that's why straight do it.

sick, ain't it.

i know two gay women who live on my route....their son is a dam good athlete,is good in school and dates some dam good looking gals.....and this kid isnt gay just because his two moms are.....and these two ladies are two of the nicest people on my route....just sayin....

• Thanks
Reactions: del
I have a feeling many hetero men would love the same behavior if it were heterosexuals doing it.

I doubt it. Ever been to the Folsom Street Fair? They have heterosexuals engaging in essentially the same behavior, and it's about as distasteful to the average middle-class American.

The truth is that most people just don't want to be made an unwilling participant in someone else's sex life. It's called a "private life" for a reason, so keep it that way!

You know, Cecelie...I really appreciate you bringing up the Folsom Street Fair. I've had people throwing that in my face for years as an example of deviant gay behavior. I keep telling them that it is Straight Leather People as well as gay...in fact, as we see in the population, a LOT more Straight People. I am either ignored or called a liar.

Everyone likes to see the 2 headed cow at the fair.

I support gay marriage fully. I find the arguments against it to be self serving and, in most cases, extremely funny. Homosexuality is not a disease, its a human condition and its high time people accept that.

Is it a choice? I doubt it, but so what if it is? As an American I support freedom of choice...lol...in all things. If someone chooses to be gay, more power to them. I don't understand how one man can find another mans hairy ass attractive, but so what? I also don't know how someone can find country music entertaining.

If your neighbor is gay, how does that hurt you? If its an abomination before god, how is it up to you to enforce gods will?

I kind of equate this to the morons who whine and protest against Christian Christmas displays. Don't like it, stop looking.

Don't like homosexuality? Well, don't participate!

Easy.

I support gay marriage fully. I find the arguments against it to be self serving and, in most cases, extremely funny. Homosexuality is not a disease, its a human condition and its high time people accept that.

Is it a choice? I doubt it, but so what if it is? As an American I support freedom of choice...lol...in all things. If someone chooses to be gay, more power to them. I don't understand how one man can find another mans hairy ass attractive, but so what? I also don't know how someone can find country music entertaining.

If your neighbor is gay, how does that hurt you? If its an abomination before god, how is it up to you to enforce gods will?

I kind of equate this to the morons who whine and protest against Christian Christmas displays. Don't like it, stop looking.

Don't like homosexuality? Well, don't participate!

Easy.

I had gay neighbors that were the best neighbors I ever had. They looked out for their neighbors and always made everyone cakes and brownies and shit. If they wanted to get married I would have been at their wedding, (a bit grossed out surely but outta respect).

Pets will never have the right to marry, because they are animals and not people. How silly to claim such a ridiculous thing. Same goes for children. They are not adults, and will also not be given rights to marry, beyond what is allowed currently, with parent permission as of a certain age (Generally 16, in states that allow this).

What two people who are consenting adults do behind closed doors is nobody's business but their own, and it is certainly not something that religion should dictate.

yes or no

That's a poorly worded question. Do I believe in gay marriage? Gay marriage doesn't exist where I am, so I have to answer "no," because otherwise that's like believing in Santa Claus or the tooth fairy. Now if you asked if I believe gay marriage should exist or if the government should recognize and permit gay marriages, now that's a more debatable question, and one I'd answer yes to.

Pets will never have the right to marry, because they are animals and not people. How silly to claim such a ridiculous thing. Same goes for children. They are not adults, and will also not be given rights to marry, beyond what is allowed currently, with parent permission as of a certain age (Generally 16, in states that allow this).

What two people who are consenting adults do behind closed doors is nobody's business but their own, and it is certainly not something that religion should dictate.

Some churches such as Unitarian Universalist congregations honor homosexual marriages. Some don't... if it's supposed to be a religious institution then why not leave it up to the individual congregations to practice their religion freely? Of course that means the government can't interfere either way...

Well no. I believe the entire issue comes down to one getting their way over another, gays want the victory so it makes it easier to go on to another one.

Some churches such as Unitarian Universalist congregations honor homosexual marriages. Some don't... if it's supposed to be a religious institution then why not leave it up to the individual congregations to practice their religion freely? Of course that means the government can't interfere either way...

I agree.. That is what I meant.. Religion should not dictate what kind of contracts are made between people who are not of the same faith group.. Lots of people get legally married without a clergyman involved, so it should not be up to the government who can and cannot do this- the government serves us, not us serving them. =)

I agree.. That is what I meant.. Religion should not dictate what kind of contracts are made between people who are not of the same faith group.. Lots of people get legally married without a clergyman involved, so it should not be up to the government who can and cannot do this- the government serves us, not us serving them. =)

Yip. Can't add anything else to that, other than that it's why I find this debate rather frustrating. Anyone who argues there's some kind of "sanctity" to marriage, like my congressman back when I was living in Florida, completely ignores that there are differing interpretations among the churches.

I voted "yes" in the sense that it is a phenomenon known to have occured.
That's not the question.

DO YOU BELIEVE IN>>>>>SAME_SEX MARRIAGE? Certainly, some have existed. The question is whether they should exist under the definition of "married couple"?

No, I went back and checked. I'm sorry but I answered the question I was asked to vote on in the OP. :tongue:

No one has ever made a rational argument against same-sex marriage, so if you believe that liberty means allowing people to do whatever you can't make a rational argument against allowing them to do,

then you should support same sex marriage.

I can only assume you define "rational" as "one I agree with", since all my arguments are rational, thank you very much. They just aren't reasons you happen to agree with or care about, which is not my problem.

I've never heard your argument against it. So go ahead and make it.

yes or no

:eusa_eh: Different strokes for different folks, they say. I am a straight Lady, who desires a straight relationship, but i am not going to point the finger at those who desire a different life-style. It's not my business!!!. I am not a Busy Body!!!. If they don't try to force their will up on me, then i am fine with it. I got friends, that ride on both sides of the fence. I am not racist or have any sexual discrimination, at all.

Whether you "believe" in same sex marriage is not the question to ask.

Do you believe that law abiding, productive, contributing members of society should be able to enjoy all the rights benefits and privileges of that society?

is the question that should be asked.

Forum List

Back