Do you believe in same-sex marriage?

Do you believe in same-sex marriage?

• yes

Votes: 19 41.3%
  • no

Votes: 27 58.7%

• Total voters
That's like saying it's tyranny to make boys and girls use separate restrooms.

Does your house have separate facilities for males and females?

Actually, the main reason to have separate facilities is because males cannot control where they piss, and get it everywhere.

No it's not, you idiot. It's to prevent girls and boys from congregating in private places where they can't be observed by those in charge of them during school, and to provide privacy to people who would rather not undress in close proximity to the opposite sex.

No.

Marriage occurs when one man and one woman are bonded in holy wedlock under the rules of religion. The couple is recognized by law as a married couple.

A couple of same-sex partners is a couple bonded by their own desire to be a couple. The couple should be recognized by law as a same-sex-couple, having the same rights and protections under the law as married couples.

Government has no need to redefine "marriage". Is has no right to redefine marriage as this would amount to a forced change to existing religious proclamations, thus violating the first amendment rights of religious citizens.

This should not be construed as an attack on same-sex-couples. I applaud their right to exist in peace. There is a pair of lesbians that I particularly like.
If they get married at city hall is it a holy marriage?

My understanding is that most mainstream churches will recognize civil ceremonies, and some prefer that if you have one, you ALSO speak vows before a minister. Certainly my own church feels that what counts is that you made a sincere public vow to live as husband and wife, and after all, God is everywhere, so it WAS before Him, as well. And it's in the best interests of any children - not to mention lack of confusion - to view them as binding.

No, but then, I'm not related to and intimately acquainted with all the people using public bathrooms.

Actually, the main reason to have separate facilities is because males cannot control where they piss, and get it everywhere.

I thought it was because most people object to exposing their private parts and bodily functions to strangers of the opposite sex. Personally, I wouldn't even want strange WOMEN watching while I relieve myself, so I'm always grateful that ladies' rooms always have stalls.

No one has ever made a rational argument against same-sex marriage, so if you believe that liberty means allowing people to do whatever you can't make a rational argument against allowing them to do,

then you should support same sex marriage.

I can only assume you define "rational" as "one I agree with", since all my arguments are rational, thank you very much. They just aren't reasons you happen to agree with or care about, which is not my problem.

No it's not, you idiot. It's to prevent girls and boys from congregating in private places where they can't be observed by those in charge of them during school, and to provide privacy to people who would rather not undress in close proximity to the opposite sex.

Although she DOES have a point about men and their urinary control.

No.

Marriage occurs when one man and one woman are bonded in holy wedlock under the rules of religion. The couple is recognized by law as a married couple.

A couple of same-sex partners is a couple bonded by their own desire to be a couple. The couple should be recognized by law as a same-sex-couple, having the same rights and protections under the law as married couples.

Government has no need to redefine "marriage". Is has no right to redefine marriage as this would amount to a forced change to existing religious proclamations, thus violating the first amendment rights of religious citizens.

This should not be construed as an attack on same-sex-couples. I applaud their right to exist in peace. There is a pair of lesbians that I particularly like.
No, but if it's between a man and a woman, it will likely be recognized as a marriage by the church whether performed in a church or not. Jews recognize Gentile marriages and vice versa.

Private homes and public places are different.

Common use of a shared bathroom does not mean that brothers and sisters would be using it at the same time. There are uni-sex bathrooms in public, too...usually one-holers with locks on the door for privacy...nothing wrong with that either.

No.

No, but if it's between a man and a woman, it will likely be recognized as a marriage by the church whether performed in a church or not. Jews recognize Gentile marriages and vice versa.

Private homes and public places are different.

Common use of a shared bathroom does not mean that brothers and sisters would be using it at the same time. There are uni-sex bathrooms in public, too...usually one-holers with locks on the door for privacy...nothing wrong with that either.

I was gonna say, and even though I am related to my children, that doesn't mean I want THEM in the bathroom while I use it, either.

By the way, the private club I and most of my friends belong to has two one-seat bathrooms, both of which are poly-sex, since it would be so confusing as to be hopeless to try to separate people out by gender there. We're just all very clean and considerate of each other, and that works.

Last edited:
Well those radical homos are trying to force homosexual marriage on the straight people in California!, no telling what those homos will do next. Yes ,I think they want to force us to be Gay eventually.!!!Hell no, No Homo!!:eek:

i always wondered what it is like to be gay.....those people seem real happy with each other....what happened to you and the Bass 53rd Avenue?.....who caught who cheating?

I despise homosexuality but I pity homosexuals. I don't care if they get married in a civil ceremony. The Roman Catholic Church wont marry homos and that's what counts.

My Church is the ONLY church dedicated to Jesus and to GOD. Our POPE has said homosexual marriage is WRONG therefor it must be WRONG. To doubt the POPE is blasphemous.

but you love pedophilia....fucking lowlife....

Um, so those of us with kids can just lump it? Is that it? And straight couples without kids shouldn't be allowed to get married? Is that it?

It is a recognition of social obligation by the probability of procreation.

I don't quite follow your first sentence. If you have kids you have obligations to the kids and to society (and to the other parent of the kids) and marriage is a way of exercising your obligations, and a way of demonstrating you will fulfill them.

Exactly...we have kids...we are gay couples...are we 2nd class citizens? Are our kids 2nd class citizens?

You will be second class citizens only if you let that happen, Bo.

Hell no!, if we allow this sexual perversion to be sanctioned under marriage, we will have people who will want to marry their pets asking for marriage rights, under some beastiality marriage rights campaign!!.

Marriage is between a man and a woman.! Case closed. And I don't appreciate Homosexuals trying to overturn Prop 8 in the state of California, after the General public voted down homosexual marriage law.The general public does not want Homosexual marriage.And we don't need to have it forced upon us either.!!:eek:

so you're afraid that someone will force you to marry a gay?

that's really stupid.

Well those radical homos are trying to force homosexual marriage on the straight people in California!, no telling what those homos will do next. Yes ,I think they want to force us to be Gay eventually.!!!Hell no, No Homo!!:eek:
My God, I never heard from anyone that was more of a bigot than you are.

so you're afraid that someone will force you to marry a gay?

that's really stupid.

My God, I never heard from anyone that was more of a bigot than you are.

Well, here's the question: WHY can you still hear him? I can't, unless one of you quotes him, and I can't say that I've missed him in the slightest.

I voted "yes" in the sense that it is a phenomenon known to have occured.

As Terry Pratchett says, "Just because they exist is no call to go around believing in them. It only encourages them." ;)

In LA, they have, or had a Gay Pride Parade every year. I gotta tell you that gives gays a bad name. I have no issues with gays overall, but the parade could have tried to have a little class to promote itself, and not come across the way it did. It was so in your face that it came across as disgusting.

I came into this thread hoping for things to be different than the usual Gay Marriage thread at USMB. As usual however, I was disappointed.

I voted "yes" in the sense that it is a phenomenon known to have occured.

As Terry Pratchett says, "Just because they exist is no call to go around believing in them. It only encourages them." ;)

In LA, they have, or had a Gay Pride Parade every year. I gotta tell you that gives gays a bad name. I have no issues with gays overall, but the parade could have tried to have a little class to promote itself, and not come across the way it did. It was so in your face that it came across as disgusting.

I do despise PDA in all forms, be it animal, vegetable or mineral. (Goes for you too bee's on flower's, get a room!) OK, joke aside I am bothered by "flaming" affecion's in public (hetero, or otherwise).

Forum List

Back