Do you believe in drilling?

are you against offshore windfarms as well?

i think cell towers and telephone/electric polls are eyesores, but nobody complains about them

I don't like them. But true it isn't much different then a cell tower or *gasp* oil rig. The issue is if the numbers I've read are even close to accurate, it is going to talk and awful lot of wind trubines to replace fossil fuel electricity.

Secondly it can't be argued that wind power is as reliable as fossil power. What that amounts to then is taking up an awful lot of land for an inefficent, non cost-effective power source. That doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Or it could be that she realizes that a lot of voters are in favor of off-shore drilling. I also realize that a politician changing their stand on an issue because it is something the voters want is a new concept in Washington, something the Republicans haven't quite got the concept of yet.

Maybe, but I doubt it after all she has a planet to save and all. :badgrin:

Do I believe in Drilling? Like, do I believe in Ghosts?

The answer is yes to both.

I wonder what the original poster was even thinking? Do you "believe" in drilling? As though, even back in 2008 when it was looney tunes land for peak oilers, there were still rigs all across the country, doing what they do, and have been doing, in 3 different centuries in this country now.

I wonder what the original poster was even thinking? Do you "believe" in drilling? As though, even back in 2008 when it was looney tunes land for peak oilers, there were still rigs all across the country, doing what they do, and have been doing, in 3 different centuries in this country now.
Newly-minted Obamabots feeling their oats?

It's like saying if everyone on the Titanic had simply started bailing she wouldn't have gone down.

Even if we produced every bit of oil under American soil, every drop, we would still import over half the the oil we use.

All renewed drilling would accomplish is to delay the day of reckoning by a few years at best. And in the meantime, we cede leadership in the technologies of the future.

The truth is, the idea of drilling for oil as an answer to our energy needs is only good for the bumper sticker makers.

Your assertions are not based upon fact. Perhaps it is you that is posting bumper stickers?

Try again....Cite actual (that means real) data that supports your contention. You can't. But in the meantime, your post is merely an emotional and baseless contribution to a forum that I am likely more and more each day!

New Topics

Forum List

Back