Do you agree with Buchanan?

Maybe I'm missing something here.
I have seen many Libs on this site
gleeful that the Hispanic population
will outnumber the White folks in America.
They go on to say that the GOP is missing out
on all those future votes.

Now these same Libs are going to torch
my buddy Pat.

I'm here for you Pat.
Booo on MSNBC.

I don't know if I've ever seen anyone Gleeful that the Hispanic population is going to exceed the white population. I have seen, however a whole lot of "I don't care" from the left. Which is the appropriate emotion.

We are not a "white" society...get used to it. We are very much that "melting pot" that our Founding Fathers envisioned. If some of you can't handle that, then you are in for a miserable, bitter rest of your days....MAY YOU LIVE FOREVER!

Ps... and yes...I'm white.

I've expressed glee that the average American will have less of a need for tanning booths in 100 years. But.....only because the thought of it sends the insecure losers into fits.

I'm only surprised he lasted as long as he did on MSNBC. If they'd just get rid of Joe in the morning, they'd have the ideological purity they're obviously going for. Why ideological purity is so important, I don't know.

Personally, I'm a First Amendment purist. I want to hear what people have to say, even if (gasp) I don't agree with them. If their positions are stated effectively, it might even (double gasp) affect my opinion on something. I'm not afraid of that, and I wonder why so many are.

But just as much as that, I want to know precisely who the whackos are, where they are, and what they're thinking. And that's the beauty of the First Amendment - it points the whackos out, loud and clear, right in the spotlight. Why are so many people afraid of that?

The First Amendment isn't about speech you like. It's about speech you DON'T like.

MSNBC liked Buchanan because he was a right winger who hated Bush consistantly, probalby going back to when Daddy Bush disrepsected him in the Reagan years. As in, "Why do we keep this crazy Nazi around the office?"

The problem with Buchanan is that he sees race as something that is actually meaningful. Sorry, I work on a team with two Asians (one of them married to a white guy) a black woman, and two white women. You know what, at the end of the day, we are all worried about the same things. It isn't like they are strange aliens who aren't all in the same boat.

Now, I respect that fact that Pat was one of the few guys who saw the dangers of Free Trade when everyone else was drinking the koolaid. But he tinged his views with this rather nasty racism that discredited his valid points of view.

MSNBC liked Buchanan because he was a right winger who hated Bush consistantly, probalby going back to when Daddy Bush disrepsected him in the Reagan years. As in, "Why do we keep this crazy Nazi around the office?"

The problem with Buchanan is that he sees race as something that is actually meaningful.

....In a....

.....kind o' way.​

I'm only surprised he lasted as long as he did on MSNBC. If they'd just get rid of Joe in the morning, they'd have the ideological purity they're obviously going for.
Nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......

Is there ANYthing more-enjoyable than watching a Scarborough MELTDOWN??

:cool:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqeqRf9czAY]Morning Joe - Max Blumenthal - Has the GOP Been Driven Outside The Mainstream - YouTube[/ame]

529.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I've agreed with Pat Buchanan a time or two...but not when it comes to race. I do agree with this that he said:

U.S. dominance of the Middle East is not the corrective to terror. It is a cause of terror. Were we not over there, the 9/11 terrorists would not have been over here.

I'll be glad when the whites are a minority in this country so we can raise hell and get all sorts of special perks from the government...

I'm only surprised he lasted as long as he did on MSNBC. If they'd just get rid of Joe in the morning, they'd have the ideological purity they're obviously going for. Why ideological purity is so important, I don't know.

Personally, I'm a First Amendment purist. I want to hear what people have to say, even if (gasp) I don't agree with them. If their positions are stated effectively, it might even (double gasp) affect my opinion on something. I'm not afraid of that, and I wonder why so many are.

But just as much as that, I want to know precisely who the whackos are, where they are, and what they're thinking. And that's the beauty of the First Amendment - it points the whackos out, loud and clear, right in the spotlight. Why are so many people afraid of that?

The First Amendment isn't about speech you like. It's about speech you DON'T like.

Good post. The answer to your question ("...and I wonder why so many are) has two explanations, IMO: Cognitive Dissonance and/or willlful ignorance.

I've agreed with Pat Buchanan a time or two...but not when it comes to race. I do agree with this that he said:

U.S. dominance of the Middle East is not the corrective to terror. It is a cause of terror. Were we not over there, the 9/11 terrorists would not have been over here.
A good point on that one remark. I agree with Buchanan RARELY.

Maybe I'm missing something here.
I have seen many Libs on this site
gleeful that the Hispanic population
will outnumber the White folks in America.
They go on to say that the GOP is missing out
on all those future votes.

Now these same Libs are going to torch
my buddy Pat.

I'm here for you Pat.
Booo on MSNBC.

:doubt: Don't think you were so upset when they booted Olbermann..

Good post. The answer to your question ("...and I wonder why so many are) has two explanations, IMO: Cognitive Dissonance and/or willlful ignorance.

Yeah, and it's the "willful" part I find so disturbing.

That sounds like Ron Paul...

Forum List

Back