CDZ Do you agree that, only through government, can people...

Why the deliberate drop of the the pandemic for some arbitrary "deem it necessary". We're as a world in the middle of a deadly pandemic.

If you don't believe that the U.S. Constitution applies during a "crisis", then you don't believe in the U.S. Constitution.

You're on a slippery slope.

...took us from a small government nothing nation to a powerful one.

The U.S. had the largest economy and the most industrial production of any nation in the world. Where do you get that the U.S. was a "nothing nation"?

You need to understand our rise to power and compare that to our government structure.

So you agree that more government means more prosperity for poor and middle-class Americans, right?

I have been banned from Christian forums for advocating that gay-marriage be permitted by law.

The question isn't whether or not same sex marriage should be permitted by The State.

The real question is, 'Why does The State have any jurisdiction over marriage?'. Which is, fundamentally, a religious institution.

No one should have to seek sanction from The State to enter into a religious or contractual union.

No one should have to seek sanction from The State to enter into a religious or contractual union.

I agree with you completely.

Unfortunately, I presume it was hardline Christians that got the whole practice of "marriage licenses" started in the U.S. I really don't know. Was that a practice that came over from England or did we create it?

The religious right and the political left have two terrible things in common. One, they both want to implement control of society through the state. Two, they are both incredibly intolerant.

I agree with you completely.

Unfortunately, I presume it was hardline Christians that got the whole practice of "marriage licenses" started in the U.S. I really don't know. Was that a practice that came over from England or did we create it?

The religious right and the political left have two terrible things in common. One, they both want to implement control of society through the state. Two, they are both incredibly intolerant.

Marriage licenses from the church (called Banns) date back to the 13th Century in England. The first issued in America was in the 1600's. As part of British Common Law, The American Colonies inherited the laws from England.

However, most states acknowledge Common Law marriages (AKA de-facto relationships) as equivalent to marriage (providing they are not bigamist, polygamist, incestuous, or, until recently, same-sex). Until 1967 most states didn't recognize certain inter-racial marriages.

I have been banned from Christian forums for advocating that gay-marriage be permitted by law.

The question isn't whether or not same sex marriage should be permitted by The State.

The real question is, 'Why does The State have any jurisdiction over marriage?'. Which is, fundamentally, a religious institution.

The unspeakable conclusion is that states need to operate based on reality and religious superstitious beliefs need to be put on the back burner. Surreptitiously of course so as not ato arouse the wrath of indoctrinated who have become slaves to religions.

More simply stated, a couple wishing to be married aren't obliged to pretend they believe in sky fairies!

Government provides the rules for everyone to play by. Government provides equal opportunity for all people to excel.

I wish that were true. Today's government tells citizens that they have to close their businesses for their own safety and the safety of their patrons over a virus that has a 99.98% recovery rate. Since when can the constitution be suspended over a virus?

A 99.98% recovery rate? With 340,000+ dead in 9 months.

Also, the constitution says you can spread at will a disease during a pandemic?
Does anyone know these dead people ??? They keep saying it, but I'm yet to see people just falling down in the streets dead, and that there is so much death that people are just taken to the back yard and buried.

Reminds of the Monty Python clip "bring out your dead" .....

Anyone seen this yet ??

Government provides the rules for everyone to play by. Government provides equal opportunity for all people to excel.

I wish that were true. Today's government tells citizens that they have to close their businesses for their own safety and the safety of their patrons over a virus that has a 99.98% recovery rate. Since when can the constitution be suspended over a virus?

A 99.98% recovery rate? With 340,000+ dead in 9 months.

Does anyone know these dead people ??? They keep saying it, but I'm yet to see people just falling down in the streets dead, and that there is so much death that people are just taken to the back yard and buried.

Reminds of the Monty Python clip "bring out your dead" .....

Anyone seen this yet ??

Do, in your mind the pandemic is like Shaun of the Dead?

You, little boy are a moron.

ussr fed itself quite well...

That is patently FALSE.

no it is not...

for its location, which is mostly not suitable for farming, it was able to feed its population and even export agricultural products...

The Soviet Union's farming output was DISASTROUS. They had massive food shortages and had to buy huge shipments of grain from the U.S. for YEARS.

Here, read this: https://www.washingtonpost.com/arch...gh-food/2f9d75f9-f76a-4f65-8512-9c29d28e372f/

so you realize ussr has mostly an arctic climate where us was found as a result of colonizers searching for the most suitable land to settle for agricultural activity to begin with, right?...

i dont know how comparing the 2 would make any logical sense to anyone...

look at china, even more centralized compared to ussr, has the yellow river delta and you can see how they thrived just by looking at their population density around it...

did they have famines?...
obviously...
did they make mistakes?...
who doesnt...

but none of the stuff they achieved would be possible without a central planning, which in fact started thousands of years ago, even before a unified china did exist when one engineer decided to gather all individual farmers to dig massive canals to prevent the flooding of the river and being appointed as the head of the first central government of china as a result of his success...

so without central planning of the water, land, irrigation, crops... any farming is doomed to fail...
just like how midwest is now failing due to the water shortages and having to rely more and more on irrigation, which again requires a central planning of water usage, since you dont want that ground water to dry out on you but rather support a huge agricultural area with a lot of activity on it...
hence why government agencies keep making bills to manage all these requirements...
The breadbasket of the old USSR was places like the Ukraine and Byelorussia which had the same climate as Germany and Poland. Neither had any problem feeding themselves prior to and after the period when they were under foreign communist domination. The "arctic" parts of the old USSR have much the same climate as Canada which has had no trouble not only feeding itself, but has been a major food exporter for most of it's history. The USSR's problems were all a direct result of central planning and governmental policies.

so without central planning of the water, land, irrigation, crops... any farming is doomed to fail...

Dude, you're just making this shit up as you go. You've made numerous statements of fact that I easily debunked. You claim that central planning by an all-powerful government bureaucracy is "better" than simply letting private individuals figure out their own thing. Why do you think China abandoned communism and it's failing "central planning" in favor of private ownership under fascist authoritarianism? I'll tell you why - because central planning by government bureaucrats SUCKS. Do you think the Chinese government has any plan to revert to "central planning" anytime soon?

Seriously, you live in some alternative narrative and NOT in reality.

The Leftest don't understand that much too often the "central planning" by someone else robs an individual of their potential and their Liberty. It can be very oppressive as we have seen in many countries. It certainly destroys economies.

Collectivism may work great in a bee hive but humans are not insects.

I trust private enterprise, working to make a profit, to supply quality goods and services at the lowest possible price to any non caring bureaucrat, whose boss is a corrupt politician elected by special interest groups.

Just look at Joe Biden being owned by the Chinese as an example. He will be working to payback China for the money they gave Hunter rather than working for the interest of the American people. He also owes Russia for the millions the Moscow Mayor's wife gave him and then we know about the debt he owes the Ukrainians for that dream job Hunter got.

and how you planning to figure out if it is a quality product or not... :)
i guess you will look at the packaging to figure that out... :D
That's the easiest thing in the world. You know a quality product by examining it, and reading reviews or talking to people who have bought it. If I buy a shirt and it fades or falls apart shortly after I buy it, I'll never buy another shirt from that company again. I bought a GM car a couple of decades ago on which small, inexpensive parts were always breaking. After getting rid of it, I bought from other manufacturers, I just decided to give GM another chance to see if they have improved their product. When given a choice people buy superior products and companies that provide inferior products fail. That's why Japan made such headway into the US markets during the seventies and eighties. Japan Inc made quality synonymous with Japanese products and nearly killed off the American domestic auto and electronic industries.

So you support the concept that the government can suspend a citizen's rights over any "crisis". I disagree.
Any "crisis"?

Is this pandemic which has killed 340,000 people in 9 months "any"?

"Any" would be your made up vote fraud bullshit.
340,000 out of a population of 330,000,000.

No.

I do believe that individuals can achieve their potential, in spite of government.
That has proven to be impossible for all citizens of the apartheid regime/state. Zionists burn and destroy citizens' lands and property with impunity and then the world's countries condemn the Zionists' behaviour at the UNSC but the motion fails due to US veto.

View attachment 434860
You invite a response, due to your support of apartheid and then object to the appropriate response to the question. Can there be any other modern country in which the regime is so evil as to limit the rights and freedoms of a portion of it's citizens to that level?
The PRC, Cuba, Venezuela, modern South Africa, Zimbabwe, Iran; shall I go on?

No.

I do believe that individuals can achieve their potential, in spite of government.
That has proven to be impossible for all citizens of the apartheid regime/state. Zionists burn and destroy citizens' lands and property with impunity and then the world's countries condemn the Zionists' behaviour at the UNSC but the motion fails due to US veto.

View attachment 434860
You invite a response, due to your support of apartheid and then object to the appropriate response to the question. Can there be any other modern country in which the regime is so evil as to limit the rights and freedoms of a portion of it's citizens to that level?
None of those countries would be referred to as an apartheid regime. In your haste to defend the evil of Zionism, you've lost the concept of what apartheid even means.

It has nothing to do with poverty and nations that have been made poor by US interference and crimes against humanity in those countries.

But maybe you should go on, with naming poor countries as comparisons to the apartheid regime? America treatment of black people being murdered on the streets comes to mind. I don't know of any modern democracy where that is happening, except the one apartheid regime.

Political party's pick sides to promote Them self's. instead of looking for a middle ground that all but the extremes ends of both party's can live in relative peace with. Just looking at two issues that are major promoters of keeping us divided. Guns & abortion. I see no effort to seek an expectable middle ground. As have stated many times am pro gun, anti gun nut. Being unwilling to face the actual fact that their are people who should not have guns. Most people if given the proper training are capable of owning guns. The insanity of just the possibility of losing even an inch of ground on this issue just crazy. we have way to many gun laws, & most of them make little sense. That's my OPINION on that one.
Abortion The largest number of people who are anti abortion are also pro capital punishment, pro military,( beyond just national defense) state over & over again on this board their wish that half the population would die, or even that they would like to personally kill them. So they sure are not PRO life. my Opinion is that there should be very few abortions necessary. A very large number of anti abortion folks fight hard against birth control, sex education and are for closing down, any place that gives free or reduced cost birth control. my OPINION, not logical thinking if the honest goal is to reduce abortions.

No.

View attachment 434860
None of those countries would be referred to as an apartheid regime. In your haste to defend the evil of Zionism, you've lost the concept of what apartheid even means.

It has nothing to do with poverty and nations that have been made poor by US interference and crimes against humanity in those countries.

But maybe you should go on, with naming poor countries as comparisons to the apartheid regime? America treatment of black people being murdered on the streets comes to mind. I don't know of any modern democracy where that is happening, except the one apartheid regime.
If you are an American, then I vote that you be deported immediately from this nation, and anyone else who is like you the same.

We have supported Israel since world war two, and beyond, so you can forget this idea that America will turn on Israel.

The unspeakable conclusion is that states need to operate based on reality and religious superstitious beliefs need to be put on the back burner. Surreptitiously of course so as not ato arouse the wrath of indoctrinated who have become slaves to religions.

More simply stated, a couple wishing to be married aren't obliged to pretend they believe in sky fairies!

I gotta hand it to you. You're always good for an unhinged rant. Thanks for the laughs!

Forum List

Back