Do Whites Deserve College?

Oh, you meant black Americans? I don't really think we embrace it. Accept it, maybe. But I guess you have to be black and see some of the things that most non-blacks are not aware of to understand why some accept it.
No, I meant Africans in America.

I think "blacks" love to be seen and treated as a victim, But I guess you have to be white and see some of the things that most blacks are not aware of to understand why some accept it.

Why some of who accept what? "Blacks" don't love to be seen as victims. Do you get that from TV? Many blacks are victims of circumstance. I understand a white person's pov of blacks but that is usually because the blacks they know are from the small screen or news reports. There are many message boards where blacks discuss issues. If you don't want to get to know any intimately, the use the Internet. Don't just use blanket statements for an entire race even if it is your opinion.

LOL. I love that line. Everytime I've tried that approach with any group I wanted to know more about I simply wasn't allowed to BY THAT GROUP. Then when I've brought it up on message boards I get "Of course they didn't want to be your friend, they could tell you didn't like them." Right, because I was trying to be friendly....

I don't really know of any laws of inequality unless you mean the ones with hidden inequality like the cocaine vs. crack drug laws or gun laws.
Affrimitive action laws .
Now for you implying that blacks are unequal, that's in your mind. Get to know a black person. You don't have to mix races to have a conversation. It may change your opinions on some issues.
As someome who grew up in South Central Los Angeles I have learned much about the African people.

AA laws weren't designed to make blacks equal, it was to level the playing field IMO. I agree that they are biased but I think it depends on your locale. I'm sure you would agree that some people still consider minorities as inferior.

And Tank, it seems as if you're trying to demean black Americans by continuing to call us Africans. Care to explain why? I've never heard of Los Angeles, Kenya.

This has always bugged me. What ARE we supposed to call blacks without someone jumping our shit for it? Where I grew up everyone said 'black'... well, most actually, some older people said 'colored' and a handful of nasty, hateful people used the N-word. But I'd heard the term 'African American' mostly on TV. So now, what is proper? What's respectful?

Well, from the first time blacks came to America the laws have always treated blacks as a seperate race of people with there own set of laws as they still do today.

So if the laws of America say blacks are to be treated as a unequal and blacks accept and even embrace the unequal treatment, why would anyone believe they are equal to other races?

Oh, you meant black Americans? I don't really think we embrace it. Accept it, maybe. But I guess you have to be black and see some of the things that most non-blacks are not aware of to understand why some accept it.

Maybe you can explain why?

AA or gun/drug laws?

No, I meant Africans in America.

I think "blacks" love to be seen and treated as a victim, But I guess you have to be white and see some of the things that most blacks are not aware of to understand why some accept it.

Why some of who accept what? "Blacks" don't love to be seen as victims. Do you get that from TV? Many blacks are victims of circumstance. I understand a white person's pov of blacks but that is usually because the blacks they know are from the small screen or news reports. There are many message boards where blacks discuss issues. If you don't want to get to know any intimately, the use the Internet. Don't just use blanket statements for an entire race even if it is your opinion.

LOL. I love that line. Everytime I've tried that approach with any group I wanted to know more about I simply wasn't allowed to BY THAT GROUP. Then when I've brought it up on message boards I get "Of course they didn't want to be your friend, they could tell you didn't like them." Right, because I was trying to be friendly....

Maybe it was your approach. But I've never encountered anyone that didn't want to educate me on their POV. Even the OP. When I'm friendly/cordial to people, they're usually friendly/cordial right back even if it is an act.

Affrimitive action laws .
As someome who grew up in South Central Los Angeles I have learned much about the African people.

AA laws weren't designed to make blacks equal, it was to level the playing field IMO. I agree that they are biased but I think it depends on your locale. I'm sure you would agree that some people still consider minorities as inferior.

And Tank, it seems as if you're trying to demean black Americans by continuing to call us Africans. Care to explain why? I've never heard of Los Angeles, Kenya.

This has always bugged me. What ARE we supposed to call blacks without someone jumping our shit for it? Where I grew up everyone said 'black'... well, most actually, some older people said 'colored' and a handful of nasty, hateful people used the N-word. But I'd heard the term 'African American' mostly on TV. So now, what is proper? What's respectful?

You can call us what you want. I wanted to know why he chose to refer to us as Africans....not African-American, Black or ******. I'm just asking his POV. And I definitely wasn't jumping in his shit...I was cordial. Why are you so defensive?

Last edited:

Maybe you can explain why?

AA or gun/drug laws?

You seem to be assuming I have some idea what you're talking about. Can you elaborate on whatever it is you're trying to tell us?

You can call us what you want. I wanted to know why he chose to refer to us as Africans....not African-American, Black or ******. I'm just asking his POV. And I definitely wasn't jumping in his shit...I was cordial. Why are you so defensive?

Learned behavior.

Learned behavior.

Time to unlearn....

Oh yeah, those Blacks have it made in the shade with lemonade.

That's why they're all so rich and why we all have Black bosses and pay our rent to Black landlords, and that's why all the Banks are run by Blacks, and all the cops are Black and all the judges and lawyers are Black, too.
There are plenty of areas in America and the world where blacks control all the things you speak of.

How are those areas of the world doing?

It's unbecoming for a White man to bitch and moan how much better the Blacks have it that you do.

It makes you read like a complete loser.

I can assure you I probably lost more jobs to affirmative action than you have (mostly to White women, FWTW).

I don't support that program, either, but to weap in ascii about those few Black scholarships that you can't get is just weak, brother.

If you need help getting aid to get into college I'll volunteer my services finding you help.

It's unbecoming for a White man to bitch and moan how much better the Blacks have it that you do.

I can assure you I probably lost more jobs to affirmative action than you have (mostly to White women, FWTW).

I don't support that program, either, but to weap in ascii about those few Black scholarships that you can't get is just weak, brother.

If you need help getting aid to get into college I'll volunteer my services finding you help.

And there you hit the nail on the head. The whining is just bizarre to me.

And when I saw the stupid thread title, I knew it couldn't have been posted by anyone but our resident KKK'er.

Oh yeah, those Blacks have it made in the shade with lemonade.

That's why they're all so rich and why we all have Black bosses and pay our rent to Black landlords, and that's why all the Banks are run by Blacks, and all the cops are Black and all the judges and lawyers are Black, too.
There are plenty of areas in America and the world where blacks control all the things you speak of.

How are those areas of the world doing?

Ed, it was KittenKoder with the scholarships. Tank was the one that still supports the three-fifths laws.

AA or gun/drug laws?

You seem to be assuming I have some idea what you're talking about. Can you elaborate on whatever it is you're trying to tell us?

It was a conversation about laws. I said gun/drug laws and he said affirmatave action. I want to know which laws you want explained as to why we accept them?

Which ever 1's you think apply. You already said that you needed a certain perspective to understand why different standards are accepted, so please give us that perspective.

Learned behavior.

Time to unlearn....

When the lessons that got me here stop being taught maybe that will be possible.

It was a conversation about laws. I said gun/drug laws and he said affirmatave action. I want to know which laws you want explained as to why we accept them?

Which ever 1's you think apply. You already said that you needed a certain perspective to understand why different standards are accepted, so please give us that perspective.

The gun/drug laws are a double-edged sword in the black community. They are unfair but sometimes they are necessary. If the crimes were enforced correctly and fully, I think it would be more of an outrage against the laws. And example is that a few weeks ago, a convicted drug dealer in my area got off with weekend lock up. He only reported once a month because the courts don't follow up and it is only reported if he doesn't go for 30 consecutive days. Needless to say, he murdered a man on a Friday night when he was supposed to be locked up. Need more explanation.

Time to unlearn....

When the lessons that got me here stop being taught maybe that will be possible.

I think you are of age where you can think and not imitate....

Who said anything about imitating? It's called reacting to your environment.

I don't live in some PC house on the hill where theory trumps reality. The lessons I've learned about race relations have all been taught to me by blacks. When they stop teaching that lesson maybe I'll be able to learn something different.

I think you are of age where you can think and not imitate....

Who said anything about imitating? It's called reacting to your environment.

I don't live in some PC house on the hill where theory trumps reality. The lessons I've learned about race relations have all been taught to me by blacks. When they stop teaching that lesson maybe I'll be able to learn something different.

Amanda, what lessons did blacks teach you?

Forum List

Back