Do we want 60,000 more Haitians entering the US? (poll)

Should the US allow open borders and an unlimited number of migrants into the US?

• Yes, Biden's new border policies are wonderful

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • No, Trump had the border closed and solved, migrants waited in Mexico

Votes: 21 77.8%

• Total voters
The Biden admin's "Open Border" policy is a magnet for migrants.
"Panama foreign minister Erika Mouynes expressed frustration to Axios that the Biden administration seemed caught off guard by the Haitian migrant crisis because "we sounded the alarm when we should have."
Why it matters: The worst may still be coming. Mouynes said there are as many as 60,000 migrants — mostly Haitian — poised to make their way north to the U.S.-Mexico border."

Trump had the border solved, and now its an ongoing disaster, from 15,000 to 60,000 migrants, next month it could be 120,000. This BORDER MESS is ENTIRELY BIDEN'S FAULT!!!!
I'll trade Haitians for trump cultists. Sure.

Is getting in a boat and rowing to Florida and landing on the beach the "legal way"?
No it isn't, but you welcome future democrat voters crossing across the border. But no Republicans. I want responsible immigrants to come the legal way. Not welfare queens.

They should go to Cuba first, then come to the US at which point the Republicans will welcome them with open arms.
But why do that. the democrats are entirely in charge - had they come from Cuba the democrats would have rather let them drown.

But since they are coming from Mexico then they are welcomed with open arms.

Because throwing stones in glass houses....

Any alien who is physically present in the United States or who arrives in the United States (whether or not at a designated port of arrival and including an alien who is brought to the United States after having been interdicted in international or United States waters), irrespective of such alien’s status, may apply for asylum in accordance with this section or, where applicable, section 1225(b) of this title.
So if they aren't committing a crime or breaking the law why do we need border patrol? Please explain? You also are too literal. The point of my post about COVID-19 is that we all have to catch it to truly be immune. It went over your head, understandably.

the poll question has nothing to do with the answers....

Biden's policy is not 'unlimited' migration and open borders, hell I am not even sure Biden has a border policy to be honest, and Trump in no way 'solved' the problem. He may have been doing far better than Biden but that was not because he solved anything, it was because Trump had hard rhetoric and Biden has been openly inviting in rhetoric. Not so much in policy though. As far as I can tell, Biden's policy is to simply ignore the border entirely until he has to do something to get it back out of the news.

So if they aren't committing a crime or breaking the law why do we need border patrol? Please explain? You also are too literal. The point of my post about COVID-19 is that we all have to catch it to truly be immune. It went over your head, understandably.
Because not every crossing the border is a refugee.

This should be obvious to you.

• You are located outside the United States

• The reason for persecution is related to one of five things: race, religion, nationality, membership in a particular social group, or political opinion

• You have not already resettled in another country

• You are not inadmissible to the United States

A lot of these Haitians spent years in one South American Country or another. They're not going to get refugee status.

The "inadmissible" part is a that you're a criminal or terrorist.

A lot of Haitians aren't persecuted.

So they'll get their immigration hearing and the judge will send them back to Haiti.

We need more immigration judges. There's a shortage. I'm not kidding.

They are coming to help with the labor shortages that companies have created by discriminating against US citizens.

Resnic
I agree. We already have around 22 million illegals in our country. Illegals cost us billions each year. We sure don't need more. Most Americans want all illegals out of our country. Bidung is raving lunatic.

I have friends who came here from other countries. They did it legally. It took them years and thousands of dollars to become a US citizen. They, like, me have a long standing hatred for illegal aliens.

If should take thousands of dollars and years to get in. That way you ensure the only people who come are ones who really want in and are willing to work for it.

I would go a step further and do like Switzerland does. There it takes money and years to become a citizen and you have to speak their language fluently. They won't let you be a citizen unless you're willing to conform to their society. And if you aren't a citizen they are very strict about living there.

Resnic
I agree. How many times have you called a business and been told they speak Spanish?? English is the language of this country. If you want to live here then learn our language. Hell I've seem folks who have been in this country for 30 years who can't speak English yet expect someone to speak Spanish to them.

Trump built the wall and implemented the "remain in Mexico" policy. That is CLOSED.
If you think otherwise, please provide a link.
Built the wall??
For sure he implemented the 'stay in Mexico' rule, not particularity humanitarian..but that doesn't bother you, I'm sure~
Built the wall..well...450miles or so..a lot of needed repairs though..to existing wall structure. New wall? About 40 miles? LOL!

According to a CBP status report, the U.S. has constructed 438 miles of “border wall system” under Trump, as of Dec. 18. Most of that, 365 miles of it, as we said, is replacement for primary or secondary fencing that was dilapidated or of outdated design. In addition, 40 miles of new primary wall and 33 miles of secondary wall have been built in locations where there were no barriers before.

Last edited:
Built the wall??
For sure he implemented the 'stay in Mexico' rule, not particularity humanitarian..but that doesn't bother you, I'm sure~
Built the wall..well...450miles or so..a lot of needed repairs though..to existing wall structure. New wall? About 40 miles? LOL!

According to a CBP status report, the U.S. has constructed 438 miles of “border wall system” under Trump, as of Dec. 18. Most of that, 365 miles of it, as we said, is replacement for primary or secondary fencing that was dilapidated or of outdated design. In addition, 40 miles of new primary wall and 33 miles of secondary wall have been built in locations where there were no barriers before.
To be fair though, the assumption that the 365 miles needing repair or updating is not really building wall is not entirely accurate either. As your first link shows:
Before1.png

Was 'updated' to this:

After.png

IMHO, that clearly represents new 'wall' construction. The previous railing was not a wall or even a barrier.

colfax_m
OMG They aren't refugee's they are illegal aliens hoping to get into the US so they can disappear.

Trump had the border handled. He had the Mexican army at their border to stop those convoys from getting to our border. Any that made it had to wait in Mexico till their court date.

Bidung fucked that up and we now have a million more illegals in our country. Illegals that cost we tax payers billions each year. We now have Haitians rolling across our border at will.

From what I've read loads of those Haitians were granted asylum in other countries but headed for out border.

Refugee's my ass.

Billyboom
Neither do I as long as they are legal immigrants. People who file for citizenship legally.

That's not the case with these people. They aren't immigrants they are illegal aliens.

They should go to Cuba first, then come to the US at which point the Republicans will welcome them with open arms.
We welcome those fleeing Communism. The ones fleeing Capitalism are treated differently for some reason.

Forum List

Back