Do We Need Our Guns at Work

and there are laws against guns on private property just as there are laws against sex in public. And yes, there ARE laws against transporting guns outside of required criteria. Again, if you are on your companies car lot then you are not working with your own perogative. Could I come to your driveway and start waving a gun around regardless of your permission?

well, in MY town hospitols have banned smoking on the entire grounds. No employees, no visitors, no patients can smoke on any part of their ground. You must literally walk off of their yard onto the sidewalk (a good 200 yards) to smoke. do they have the right to make this decision about the property on which they are liable?

Stupid when you think of it. They'll put themselves out of business if everyone is healthy.:eusa_eh:

From Kingpin

[On smoking]
Ishmael: You should try to quit. They say its bad for your heart, your lungs. It quickens the aging process.

Roy: Who's done more research than the good people at the American Tobacco Industry? They say its harmless. Why would they lie? If you're dead, you can't smoke.

The Florida house has passed their version of "Bring Your Guns To Work". Now it's up to the Senate to see what happens. Have to keep them locked in you car. By the time you run out to get it to shoot your boss, you should have calmed down or at least run out of breath.

Interesting fight within the Repub party pitting the gun advocates against big business advocates.

I say we pick a leader from each and let them shoot it out.

Do we need quick gun access at work?

Every year the NRA brings this bill to the legislature, and every year it is defeated.

These people are annoying.

Every year the NRA brings this bill to the legislature, and every year it is defeated.

These people are annoying.

They might be annoying, but the fact is, they are no more annoying that twits who think that guns kill people and/or outlawing guns will stop criminals from getting them.

The NRA is just the extreme in the other direction. Since there is no moderate voice out there lobbying for our Second Amendment Rights, you take what you can get.

Do we need quick gun access at work?[/QUOTE]

Do you need insurance on your house, or your car?? Do you make many claims for property damage?? Have many thefts?? If not,, then why bother with the insurance??? Why bother with condoms????? Take a chance, leave the latex home, besides when you get old like me you just shoot dust anyhow. Disease?? They make pills and sprays for that stuff... Flotation devices,, they are for pussies... You can swim right?? How many times have you been knocked out in a boat??? SEAT BELTS??? How many times do you plan on getting into a headon accident??? FORGETTABOUTIT!!

Besides,, if I get in trouble at work,, I will just call for the Marines. Rayboy, what's your cell number?

The instances of gun crime committed by people licensed for concealed carry are essentially nil. In almost every case of workplace violence, the perpetrator left the premises and returned with a weapon and opened fire on his/her boss/coworkers or whatever. So disallowing workers to have their gun with them would not have been a factor in 99% of the various instances of workplace gun violence.

If those coworkers had been armed, however, it is quite likely one or more could have taken out the gunman before he did so much damage. Given this modern trend for people to 'go postal', seems to me giving workers the ability to defend themselves against that kind of thing would not only make sense, but could be quite beneficial.

Ask most Americans what they think the phrase means and they will give the obvious answer.. " An employee of the Postal Service, who has an issue with the organization, takes out hostile frustration on fellow/previous workmates." Or something to this effect..

Has the media coverage of these sad, and tragic, events made it a "norm" for sick people to copy, to emulate, in their desire to "get even"???

The fact that numerous events have occured, and that the phrase is proabably in the dictionaries,,, that it suggests that we need to re evaluate the laws which prohibit people from arming themselves for their own safety while at work.

Now,, on the flip side... Anybody need a commercial jet pilot???:rolleyes:

The instances of gun crime committed by people licensed for concealed carry are essentially nil. In almost every case of workplace violence, the perpetrator left the premises and returned with a weapon and opened fire on his/her boss/coworkers or whatever. So disallowing workers to have their gun with them would not have been a factor in 99% of the various instances of workplace gun violence.

If those coworkers had been armed, however, it is quite likely one or more could have taken out the gunman before he did so much damage. Given this modern trend for people to 'go postal', seems to me giving workers the ability to defend themselves against that kind of thing would not only make sense, but could be quite beneficial.

Ask most Americans what they think the phrase means and they will give the obvious answer.. " An employee of the Postal Service, who has an issue with the organization, takes out hostile frustration on fellow/previous workmates." Or something to this effect..

Has the media coverage of these sad, and tragic, events made it a "norm" for sick people to copy, to emulate, in their desire to "get even"???

The fact that numerous events have occured, and that the phrase is proabably in the dictionaries,,, that it suggests that we need to re evaluate the laws which prohibit people from arming themselves for their own safety while at work.

Now,, on the flip side... Anybody need a commercial jet pilot???:rolleyes:

When was the last time an actual postal employee did this? The 80s? 90s? Seems far more likely nowadays to happen at school ....:eusa_eh:

When was the last time an actual postal employee did this? The 80s? 90s? Seems far more likely nowadays to happen at school ....:eusa_eh:

Online Dictionary definition
post·al (pstl)
adj.
Of or relating to a post office or mail service.
Idiom:
go postal
Slang To become extremely angry or deranged, especially in an outburst of violence

Working man is right. I'm thinking through the mid 80's through the late 90's there were several dozen incidents--I'm thinking 30 or 40 people killed--by postal employees, over stressed by seriously stressful working conditions--went off the deep end and started gunning down coworkers. Hence the coined phrase "going postal" to describe such workplace violence.

Online Dictionary definition

Working man is right. I'm thinking through the mid 80's through the late 90's there were several dozen incidents--I'm thinking 30 or 40 people killed--by postal employees, over stressed by seriously stressful working conditions--went off the deep end and started gunning down coworkers. Hence the coined phrase "going postal" to describe such workplace violence.

Several dozen? I'd lay odds less than 1 dozen. I'd bet there have been as many school shootings since the last postal worker went "postal."

I understand what the term means and where it comes from. I was around back then.:eusa_shifty:

Yes we definately need them. Once upon a time America killed its criminals. People were hanged for common thievery. Now thieves are not even put in jail, just a slap on the wrist and gangmembers, rapists, murderers are released from the prison system daily. America is not safe. At one time in America you would not have to think twice about letting your child walk alone to the store. Car keys were routinely left in the ignition. Gas pumps were on the honor system. Today liberals fight for the criminals. They sing odes to Tookie Williams the founder of the crips, and blame Bush for his execution. Now their hero is cop killer Mumia Jamal. If a minority is executed or brought to justice it is a lynching, a racist act according to leftists. The crime in their eyes is an untrue allegation by white supremists who just want to kill a person because he's black. Gangs rule the streets where I work thanks to liberals. They have threatened me. They have pulled guns on me. They have pulled knives on me. They have robbed me. They have murdered my friends. I need the right to bring a gun to work. I am hoping the Supreme Court will come down on states who are denying our constitutional rights. States should not be allowed to stop people from freedom of speech, freedom of religion, freedom of association, or the right to bear arms. Criminals should be fully prosecuted. Law-abiding citizens should get the full rights expressed in the constitution.

Several dozen? I'd lay odds less than 1 dozen. I'd bet there have been as many school shootings since the last postal worker went "postal."

I understand what the term means and where it comes from. I was around back then.:eusa_shifty:

On second thought, you're probably closer re the number of incidents, but I'm guessing the number of deaths at 30 to 40 in post office incidents alone is probably pretty close. I was around back then too. :razz:

Yes we definately need them. Once upon a time America killed its criminals. People were hanged for common thievery. Now thieves are not even put in jail, just a slap on the wrist and gangmembers, rapists, murderers are released from the prison system daily. America is not safe. At one time in America you would not have to think twice about letting your child walk alone to the store. Car keys were routinely left in the ignition. Gas pumps were on the honor system. Today liberals fight for the criminals. They sing odes to Tookie Williams the founder of the crips, and blame Bush for his execution. Now their hero is cop killer Mumia Jamal. If a minority is executed or brought to justice it is a lynching, a racist act according to leftists. The crime in their eyes is an untrue allegation by white supremists who just want to kill a person because he's black. Gangs rule the streets where I work thanks to liberals. They have threatened me. They have pulled guns on me. They have pulled knives on me. They have robbed me. They have murdered my friends. I need the right to bring a gun to work. I am hoping the Supreme Court will come down on states who are denying our constitutional rights. States should not be allowed to stop people from freedom of speech, freedom of religion, freedom of association, or the right to bear arms. Criminals should be fully prosecuted. Law-abiding citizens should get the full rights expressed in the constitution.

We can all do rhetoric...

I agree with this sentiment. But I see no reason why a person should not be allowed to have a gun in their car, as I have done an numerous occasions. Again, it was properly stowed in accordance with state laws and posed no threat.
I regularly carry at least one, and often 2, guns in my car since October of 2001.
My boss has said he would not care if we brought them into the office, but I haven't seen any need to do so.

If the US is -so- violent, doesnt that create the argument that we, the law abiding, need a firearm for our own personal protection?

Schools... gun-free zones... where captive, unarmed victims cannot defend themselves.

Anyone wonder why there are no mass shootings at gun shows?
Or at large-scale marksmanship competitions, like the National Matches at Camp Perry?

Forum List

Back